Price mark ups in auction

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jojo1

Registered Shopper
I watched the Zambian emerald showcase just now in case the ring I purchased a few months ago went for less as a Star Buy, and I could get the price pledge.

Well, it went for MORE than what I paid for it, and the web price it was listed at yesterday. Hmmm

Attachments

• IMG_5469.jpeg
    IMG_5469.jpeg
    42.9 KB
  • IMG_5472.png
    IMG_5472.png
    1.2 MB
I watched the Zambian emerald showcase just now in case the ring I purchased a few months ago went for less as a Star Buy, and I could get the price pledge.

Well, it went for MORE than what I paid for it, and the web price it was listed at yesterday. Hmmm
The emerald looks nice. It’s not too dark. I see emeralds in jewellers that are almost black. Don’t like them at all. Don’t know where they’re sourced as jewellers never seem to have that info.

Yep. It comes to something when part of your price comparison checks must include the website of the live auction vendor...

Like TMWNN's note on the lonely, random Cherry Blossom Morganite in Gem Collector's Galilea hour, it's definitely a "See what we can get" rather than "This is our price". If you lock down all your online catalogue from discount codes, largely abandon "wheel" hours (except for Jeff's shifts) and make Price Pledges nigh on impossible to realise, this is what you are left with...

Yep. It comes to something when part of your price comparison checks must include the website of the live auction vendor...

Like TMWNN's note on the lonely, random Cherry Blossom Morganite in Gem Collector's Galilea hour, it's definitely a "See what we can get" rather than "This is our price". If you lock down all your online catalogue from discount codes, largely abandon "wheel" hours (except for Jeff's shifts) and make Price Pledges nigh on impossible to realise, this is what you are left with...
Shoot yourself in your own foot comes to mind. No favours to anyone, business wise or customer wise.

And here it is at a lower price after the auction. Disgusting Gemporia!!!! This is surely illegal in the UK to promote something at a higher price that it normally is?

Attachments

• IMG_5473.png
    IMG_5473.png
    307.6 KB

Jeff is the only presenter I watch now. He's the only one who has a genuine interest in, and knowledge of, the gemstones he's selling. He also has that rare quality of integrity, and works hard to get everything right. He should be the MD, though I don't think he'd want the job!

The emerald looks nice. It’s not too dark. I see emeralds in jewellers that are almost black. Don’t like them at all. Don’t know where they’re sourced as jewellers never seem to have that info.
Well, in my experience of high street jewellers, they're quite prepared to charge extortionate prices for their jewellery but know absolutely nothing, or care less, about the origin of their gemstones, or anything about their quality, background, or any treatments they may have had. This is one of the reasons I was so impressed with Gemporia. At least, they knew where their gemstones came from! Talking about shysters, go no further than the high street.

Illegal? No. Shystering? Absolutely 😁. Similar situation was reported to the UK ASA.

Post in thread '"House of Kimbie" - Ellis, really?' https://shoppingtelly.com/threads/house-of-kimbie-ellis-really.67478/post-1131570
I think consumer commission is the most appropriate, or relevant ombudsman. And if Ellis called this forum “Trolls” for pointing out significantly concerning sales practices that don’t appear anywhere else, then she doesn’t know the meaning of the term.

I'm not a huge fan of emeralds but I do like Zambian ones. I bought a half-carat ring with accent diamonds from Gems way back when and it's always been one of my favourite rings.

Latest posts

Back