Presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have to ask the question; why do any of you watch then?
Well for me, buying off the TV or internet is something I do as I live in a rural area, the "high street" is a train journey away and local shops comprise of the Co-op, M&S and Asda. I've been buying off QVC for years and the presenters are the people you have to watch if you want information and demo's "live". I like some and I don't like some, just the same as I can't stand the rude, ignorant girl in our local Co-op and I do like the friendly, chatty man that delivers the mail.

CC

I am entitled to criticise what I don’t like as much as another person can like something. I don’t like Freebie Flint but I might want to watch the product she is selling. That is why I may watch that show albeit for a short time. A forum member might writs about their admiration for the said presenter in the example give. That is their right. Suggesting not watching does not enable me in my right to learn about products that I may buy. The purpose of QVC is to present products for sale. If the presenter puts me off the fact that I am watching should not be questioned. I am watching even though the presenter is spoiling my shopping experience.

It should be about the product not the presenter in actual fact we really shouldn’t know anything about them if they were really doing their job.

After getting the same people serving me in Marks for umpteen years all I know is one lovely young lady is doing a law degree and works to supplement her student loan and that one not so nice lady thinks The Donald is wonderful. Otherwise I know them as pleasant, cheerful or grumpy, I don’t know anything else.

In fact they often ask me is a product is nice which could be genuine or perhaps to say to the next person “yes a lady buys that every week and says it’s lovely”.

Evie can I be casting director? I know exactly who to cast as whom.
Of course you can! It may be some time. I have quite a way to go. I need to save up for a stay at a writers’ retreat, probably in Devon. Then I need to get together more money to book in the extra mentoring sessions with the owner. It will be worth it though, I hear she has some successful publications mentioned in her CV. Can’t wait!

I hate to see the demise of the high street but I am one who has used online shopping more and more because, and I have never been a ‘wondering shopper’ more a go,look, buy or not, & go person , time? minutes.Any shopping experience in the US, mostly New York was enjoyable because the assistants were so engaging.I have had some great, funny, and enjoyable times with resulting in my purchases.They did a great job making me feel they were interested in ME. Cut to the U.K. & the feel I get ‘older woman well we won’t waste our time’.

I am entitled to criticise what I don’t like as much as another person can like something. I don’t like Freebie Flint but I might want to watch the product she is selling. That is why I may watch that show albeit for a short time. A forum member might writs about their admiration for the said presenter in the example give. That is their right. Suggesting not watching does not enable me in my right to learn about products that I may buy. The purpose of QVC is to present products for sale. If the presenter puts me off the fact that I am watching should not be questioned. I am watching even though the presenter is spoiling my shopping experience.
Perfectly put.

Nobody here "hate watches" Q, I don't believe. We legitimately highlight the poor standards as we try to glean information. We derive entertainment from their shortcomings, sure. We may post our reaction to crazy claims or outfits. We may be disgusted about some of the tactics.
If we have presenters we dislike watching, we try to avoid viewing when they are on, but it's not always possible.
Yes, it's a matter of choice to watch Q; but we don't abandon the right to complain if we do watch.

I’d watch more QVC (or have it on in the background) if they started airing more interesting and varied products. I’m getting very bored with the Dyson products which seem to be on nearly every day and I don’t enjoy beauty shows when they’re about how to put creams on or how to clean your skin because I know how to do that. The list of the shows in which I have no interest is getting longer and longer because QVC seems to focus on the same ones, rather than providing some variety (in my opinion.)

I thought the rot set in long before the wedding, that just compounded it. I would say the run up to the first novel,
Defo before the wedding, maybe even before her first book. I can remember her being full of herself before the Q moved form Marco Polo House - didn't she switch off the lights on the last day?

I can't stand the voice of some presenters, just one word of them makes me grab the remote and switch over. I try but honestly one minute is really more than I can deal with, even when I try to be calm and count to a minute. The Q sales staffer for today's TSV is high on that list.

I described her once as an out of control juggernaut and someone got it right. Her new flat has a testing beauty corner so you know who I mean. Congrats to the one who got it correct last time. You got the second person 100% as well - the little boy claiming whatever by peeing everywhere. Just my terminology from their behaviour.

Sorry but next door neighbour have had episode 4 in 12 days of their rows. There was a huge crashing sound tonight which was really startling. I also heard about his racing undies (and contents or lack of). Now, that is a thought nobody needs to have planted, and I've just shared it with you. 🤣😘😘

Latest posts

Back