Presenters/guests/brand ambassadors

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Now I'm sure Ali K is a lovely lady but when she is on with a guest she morphs into Sara g and talks over them like a Gatling gun whereas when she is on her own or just a model she is much calmer.

The ones I really can't abide are the so called "fashion stylists/fashion editors" who have never seen the items, have no connection to them and we know for a fact wouldn't be seen dead in any of them. They stand there and prattle about how they are on trend/hot on the catwalk/what some z celeb is wearing.

I understand that owners and reps are there to sell but what are these bimbos there for. One actually came on to tell us how to wear a pair of gloves- that was the tin hat for me.

Otherwise, I would say that Techie Abbey is probably the worst quest for me, with Jill and Ann who do the wind chimes type of crap, coming very close on her tail. Unfortunately I think it is the voices together with s@@@e spoken and tat being sold just puts my teeth on edge.

I remember when I first saw Lesley Ebbetts come on - I recognised her as a fashionista adviser who appeared on tv but don't remember the programme so I knew she had a 'pedigree'.

Now I'm sure Ali K is a lovely lady but when she is on with a guest she morphs into Sara g and talks over them like a Gatling gun whereas when she is on her own or just a model she is much calmer.

I remember thinking ages ago that Ali K was very quick in her delivery and never - well hardly ever - stumbled over her words. I was stunned at how fast she could speak without getting into a tangle. I must say I haven't compared her to Sara G, and I can't say I have been aware of her talking over guests. She is very professional and I like her.

I do like fast talkers (I married one!). I read somewhere that babies like to listen to fast talkers; they don't listen to the words (although it does stimulate pathways in their brains or some such) they listen to the "music" which they then mimic as they start to babble. Inspite of the talking over people I still quite like Ali Keenan and Sara because they have a wider vocab than many. Most of the others rely too heavily on clichés, buzz words and QVCisms.

Slow talkers like Charlie I find I want to finish their sentences.

Abby Horne ('tech') makes me want to slap her - I don't know why but it's a combination of the horrid, nasal voice and slight imbecility of whatever she has to say. Suzi Adams of Northern Nights doesn't encourage me to buy, lest I turn into a Stepford Wife like her.

Before the OP jumps in, (getting a tad tired of having posts agreed with etc), I agree with you about Abby.

:)

Lenny of Nina leonard and plastic George Simon both gave me the creeps so I'd switch off, Leighton Denny made me reach for the off button as he's so full of his own self importance, couldn't take to tova either, the badger hairdo distracted me from the products. The woman who presents easiyo is excellent, I probably wouildnt have bought (though I did buy from lakeland not qvc) had it not been for her demos.

I saw Yong Kim on QVC a few months ago. She was in the studio. She did a show with Chloe.

I didn't warm to Nina straight away, but she's been very approachable and friendly when I've met her and she is perfectly able to represent the brand but Leighton will be missed. His last shows will be for his 10th anniversary in June.

Hmmmm... he's jumping ship now that he's used Q to get his name out there - wonder if we'll see him on "I'm a Celebrity......" next, followed by Strictly, followed by Celeb Big Brother, followed by zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm dont think im swayed by presenters or even designers .i have been prone to impulse buy but that depends on hoŵ I'm feeling on any particular day.But I like watching Lulu Guiness and Joan Collins ,because they are authentic and know about their products, also some of the presenters are in awe of them which I like.

I liked Lenny and Harald from Pompoos because they were a bit naughty and you never knew what they were going to do next on live TV !

Hmmmm... he's jumping ship now that he's used Q to get his name out there - wonder if we'll see him on "I'm a Celebrity......" next, followed by Strictly, followed by Celeb Big Brother, followed by zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You know l had thoughts along these lines! I love Leighton but when l heard him say he wouldn't be presenting any more l thought oh yes, now you've made it and got your MBE you won't be interested in anything as low as presenting on QVC. He will have moved onto bigger and better things like living in LA! I am quite disappointed in him really! I like Nina but its not the same as having Leighton! Like others have said Liz Earle shows have been made unwatchable by Caroline Archer, it was lovely to have Liz herself on last night! I fear Leighton Denny's shows could go the same way!

LD has already been on one TV show...May the best house win, or whatever its called and no I don't think he did, win, that is...you could see the disappointment in his little face. His home was very opulent and he had a tanning cabin in his garden

i think nina will make a better brand ambassador than ms archer..its a bit like l'occitane even though alexis comes across as quite fake she is good at what she does. she enjoys her job and it shows.

mind you who wouldn't love selling l'occitane

Leighton Denny has always struck me as being down to earth and sincere. As for 'jumping ship' only he knows the truth. I got the impression from a staff member at the spa that he 'lost' his contract rather than walked away from it which is why I felt sad to hear that his range had been replaced. But it is hearsay and again only Leighton knows what went on. There are several business owners who don't bother to come and present on QVC. Do people think that Lulu Guinness thinks a shopping channel is beneath her? Why doesn't Liz Earlie present as she did before? There will be reasons why they don't. As per the topic of the thread, I do think it makes a difference when the actual designer presents - for example, Leighton, and I don't think it would be the same if Joan Collins sent an understudy to present her range.

In this day and age I can't see any reason why any 'celeb' should NOT be (oh God I hate this over-used saying) "down to earth" - they really are no better than the rest of us who earn a crust. Perhaps a better phrase would be "aren't affected by their wealth or position".

I really wouldn't be unhappy at never seeing Lulu again though !

Latest posts

Back