Prescriptives TSV - 28/09/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It seems to me that Prescriptives have some noteworthy products: Custom blend foundation, etc.

Does anyone think that parts of the brand may be picked up another company? Personally, I'm gutted to see the Magic Powder go.

No, EL are not looking for buyers, they just killed it.

What usually happens when a brand is in trouble the owners start to look for a buyer. The announcement that the brand is going on the 31st Jan 2010, means it is dead.

The custom blending is time consuming and takes a one on one with the customer. Cosmetic houses are not really into all that now.

Magic powder has been around since the end of the 90's or very early 00's. If other companies were interested in this idea they would have brought out their own version long ago. Its not like meds where they are licenced and no one can use the same formula until the licence runs out. The just create their own version usually pretty quickly.

No, EL are not looking for buyers, they just killed it.

What usually happens when a brand is in trouble the owners start to look for a buyer. The announcement that the brand is going on the 31st Jan 2010, means it is dead.

The custom blending is time consuming and takes a one on one with the customer. Cosmetic houses are not really into all that now.

Magic powder has been around since the end of the 90's or very early 00's. If other companies were interested in this idea they would have brought out their own version long ago. Its not like meds where they are licenced and no one can use the same formula until the licence runs out. The just create their own version usually pretty quickly.

Bummer.

If anyone is interested, EL have an outlet shop at Bicester Village. They don't usually have a huge amount of Prescriptives...but just FYI.

VALM, I was thinking exactly the same. I have come to the conclusion she has one eyebrow plucked to give a much higher arch to obtain the look that her face has been lifted. I tried freeze 24/7(which doesn't work in my opinion) and SLP and neither made me look like that.

I had wondered about the eyebrow thing - one is absolutely higher than the other, what a swick. I did think I bet she has Freeze on under her SLP but then if she does, she must be the only person in the universe that likes it. I cancelled the order I once placed because the reviews were all so bad?

I bought a lovely purse filled with 10 mini lip glosses from the outlet store at Bicester Village last week for £14. Will make a great present

I had wondered about the eyebrow thing - one is absolutely higher than the other, what a swick. I did think I bet she has Freeze on under her SLP but then if she does, she must be the only person in the universe that likes it. I cancelled the order I once placed because the reviews were all so bad?

The freeze is by far the worst product i've ever ordered. I was naively expecting botox in a bottle, instead it went back and my quest for the flawless lifted, tightened skin continued. If i'd have known all i had to do was pluck my eyebrows like Frankie, i could have saved myself a fortune!:grin:

The freeze is by far the worst product i've ever ordered. I was naively expecting botox in a bottle, instead it went back and my quest for the flawless lifted, tightened skin continued. If i'd have known all i had to do was pluck my eyebrows like Frankie, i could have saved myself a fortune!:grin:

Now you know that you don't really want eyebrows that thin, don't you? Those eyebrows have seen more overplucking than a Christmas Turkey! I forsee a drawing in with pencil of the eyebrows for Frankie as time marches on, and no amount of Freeze will save her.......

Now you know that you don't really want eyebrows that thin, don't you? Those eyebrows have seen more overplucking than a Christmas Turkey! I forsee a drawing in with pencil of the eyebrows for Frankie as time marches on, and no amount of Freeze will save her.......

LOL:grin::grin:

PSSSS!!!!!! Winks

If you wait until just after christmas beginning of January every Prescriptives counter will have stock at 50% off.:cheeky:

They did have a sale not long ago in House of Fraser, I bought some bits and pieces. The cream eyeshadows(better than Bobbi Brown), wider opening for your fingers for one.

PSSSS!!!!!! Winks

If you wait until just after christmas beginning of January every Prescriptives counter will have stock at 50% off.:cheeky:

I just wanted to thank you all for saving me some money today! I was all set to buy the TSV but decided to have a look on here to see what was being said about it - and I'm glad I did. Its disappointing that QVC are selling this and not being honest about future availability.

I'll definitely be paying a visit to the Prescriptives counter in January. I've used the false lash mascara before and really liked it so here's hoping I can stock up then.....

I would love to order the false lash mascara but I'm not going to...

I don't think you can order it - I've had it on Wait List since July (that's the second time I've announced that :wink2:), the order is still "alive" but the product doesn't show up in a search for Prescriptives.

Isn't it about time we had a "favourite mascara" thread again? :tongue2:

clemenzina

I haven't seen any of the presentations, has there been any t-callers and have they asked for t-callers?

They are trying to flog foundations which you get colour matched by their counters without even showing the colours:thinking2:
Also laughed at the refillable compact, er how are you meant to refill it if they stop making the products:taphead:

They are trying to flog foundations which you get colour matched by their counters without even showing the colours:thinking2:
Also laughed at the refillable compact, er how are you meant to refill it if they stop making the products:taphead:

Yes the Flawless is not like the Traceless, you do need to see the colours. Plus the are in cool and warm groups of shades too on counter. So you could be the lightest shade but it depends if you are warm or cool which you buy to suit.

I like the mineral collection that was on but I don't want to part with £50 quid when I've cupboards full of stuff. But it looks very nice!

They just showed a customer review that said 'I love this product and will continue to use it for years to come'

Surely that is misleading when the product wont be available for 'years to come'....?

Looking at the Calyx, I spotted a review dated 23/9 for the Calyx Sheer which did mention that Prescriptives was disappearing soon, the reviewer hoping that QVC would still stock it even if counters were gone.

I like the mineral collection that was on but I don't want to part with £50 quid when I've cupboards full of stuff. But it looks very nice!

Ooh me too! I had to have a stern word with myself as the cool option was just my colours! :blush:

Luckily, because they are just my colours I already have swathes of them so I don't need these even if they are yummy looking and they are Px mineral which I wanted to try.

*stands firm* ( but still wobbles a little bit! :D)

They just showed a customer review that said 'I love this product and will continue to use it for years to come'

Surely that is misleading when the product wont be available for 'years to come'....?

Yeah, I mentioned this earlier, can't believe they read it out again! It really is so dishonest of QVC to be flogging this stuff and mentioned re-purchasing etc when they know full well the brand if goingout of business. Is really is a disgrace. :envy:

Tx

Ooh me too! I had to have a stern word with myself as the cool option was just my colours! :blush:

Luckily, because they are just my colours I already have swathes of them so I don't need these even if they are yummy looking and they are Px mineral which I wanted to try.

*stands firm* ( but still wobbles a little bit! :D)

*Both feet on the floor* LA gives you better balance. No weight on one foot then the other. :wink2::flower:

Once you've used up the px's mineral try the CD mineral foundation. (I said used up the prescriptives first Loveheart lol:flower:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back