Prescriptives TSV - 28/09/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Its very interesting watching Alison and the Prescriptive guest doing this launch.
Alison deserves an Academy award and the Prescriptives rep is so downbeat she's practically comatose.

They are basically lying by omission as far as i'm concerned and then Alison has the nerve to read out a review from someone who says they could not live with out it,use it every day blah,blah.
I know she can't exactly say "well you're gonna have to live without it love coz this brand is kaput!" But she is always banging on about honesty,she should find a way to word the launch so people know they won't be able to get this stock on a regular basis.

Its very interesting watching Alison and the Prescriptive guest doing this launch.
Alison deserves an Academy award and the Prescriptives rep is so downbeat she's practically comatose.

They are basically lying by omission as far as i'm concerned and then Alison has the nerve to read out a review from someone who says they could not live with out it,use it every day blah,blah.
I know she can't exactly say "well you're gonna have to live without it love coz this brand is kaput!" But she is always banging on about honesty,she should find a way to word the launch so people know they won't be able to get this stock on a regular basis.

My feelings entirely. This is just not on!
But how odd it is that they are launching new products at the same time as they company is closed down? Was it a very sudden decision then? Very odd!

I would like to bet that there will be no T-callers today, it would be too risky with loads of stock to shift! I spoke to the SA on a Prescriptives counter yesterday and she told me without being asked that it was going as a brand just after Christmas when everything will be reduced to half price. I stocked up on my favourites and thanked her for being so honest..... pity Alison can't/won't do the same.

My feelings entirely. This is just not on!
But how odd it is that they are launching new products at the same time as they company is closed down? Was it a very sudden decision then? Very odd!

I don't know if they are new,maybe they are just new to QVC??,in any case QVC are being used to offload all this stock,it does all seem rather rushed though.

I do think it's clever of them to have a sample of the Calyx in the TSV as this is the only thing in Prescriptives which may be re-incarnated,coz I think even worse than finding a skin care product you love and never being able to get it again is finding a fragrance that you love and it being discontinued.So at least the Calyx people will be catered for.

Can't believe that Alison has said about having the lip glosses in as a duo in the FUTURE!

AND (paraphrased)... "As usual I shall get told off for telling you this, but don't buy the Super Line Preventor @ £35 because it's in the TSV @ £32, blah blah... but take the number down for future orders"

clemenzina

And we get blasted for dissing Alison for lying. Yet here is the proof 100%.

I spoke the manager of my local Prescriptives counter as I posted on the other thread.

He said they had new products in the wardhouses ready for launch and had spent big money on the range. Yet they products will never hit the counter in the first place. Estee Lauder make some very strange decisions. They are killing the company for not making enough money, yet kill it before stuff they have spent big on is released.

I am watching the repeat this morning and am finding it very strange that they are banging on about continued use and repeat ordering. I feel sorry for people who have no idea that prescriptives will be no more and buy this TSV . Knowledge is power and knowing what I do I won't be ordering this. I agree about the guest being comatose. Perhaps she needed to take something before going on tele to spin her webb of deceit.

I would love to order the false lash mascara but I'm not going to incase I like it and then can't get it anymore!! lol!!

I think its awful that they aren't telling people but can understand why they aren't, they wouldn't make half as much if they did and after all QVC is a shop. Do you think that they will continue to sell the items they have - ie the old stock or will it be recalled??

I do feel bad for the people that don't know.

I felt a bit sorry for the Prescriptives lady. It must be a little bit hard to go on telly and be all sparkly and positive when the brand that you believe in and have devoted 20 of your career to is being dumped in the crapper.

I'm gutted about losing Prescriptives so I can only imagine how she must feel. :(

She was very quiet to begin with, but I thought she rallied admirably later on. I loved it when she said that it was fun when people thought AY was an evil witch! Poor old Ally and her hatemail! :D

Just to weigh in with my two cents, I think it's rubbish that they aren't being upfront and honest about Prescriptives closing down, especially when launching new products etc which won't be available once one pot has run out!

Also, did anyone else see any irony in AY reading out a review for Super Line Preventor along the lines of 'it's the best thing ever and I'll use it for many years to come' knowing as she must that the reviewer can't??! :happy:

Also, I noticed watching the show that they never mentioned one single ingredient in the SLP or SFC! Not one! Just banging on as usual about how high end it is/famous/hard to get/blah blah and how wondeful it is but not one mention of an ingredient. Sorry but no longer will I buy a ceram just coz someone (paid by the company!) raves about it without knowing what's in it. And not in it.

Tx

I think that the rather muted attitude of the Prescriptives rep is entirely understandable - she obviously genuinely believes in the brand and probably feels uncomfortable about not being honest about things.

There seems to be no similar reaction from AY - she is doing her usual pushy sales spiel - literally overemphasising lots of words to hammer the point home.

What shred of credibility will she have left when people who have bought this TSV in good faith, subsequently find the brand is no more and AY knew that when she was flogging it ?

This might sound really cynical but I recorded the latter part of the Fabulous at 40 show whilst getting dressed. Came down a little later and saw that Frankie was on demoing the TSV with the Super Line Preventer and instantly wondered whether she had Freeze 24/7 on as I've noticed they always use her to demo that product. Then watched the recorded segment and she was indeed demoing Freeze. So which product had given her the effect that they were emphasising whilst showing the TSV?

This might sound really cynical but I recorded the latter part of the Fabulous at 40 show whilst getting dressed. Came down a little later and saw that Frankie was on demoing the TSV with the Super Line Preventer and instantly wondered whether she had Freeze 24/7 on as I've noticed they always use her to demo that product. Then watched the recorded segment and she was indeed demoing Freeze. So which product had given her the effect that they were emphasising whilst showing the TSV?

VALM, I was thinking exactly the same. I have come to the conclusion she has one eyebrow plucked to give a much higher arch to obtain the look that her face has been lifted. I tried freeze 24/7(which doesn't work in my opinion) and SLP and neither made me look like that.

VALM, I was thinking exactly the same. I have come to the conclusion she has one eyebrow plucked to give a much higher arch to obtain the look that her face has been lifted. I tried freeze 24/7(which doesn't work in my opinion) and SLP and neither made me look like that.

Glad it's not just me then. :giggle:

Glad it's not just me then. :giggle:
i wasn't going to but i think i'm going to have another close look on the midday show.
Infact thinking about it they only ever show her after they say they've applied it, you never actually see the whole process!! cynical moi:grin:

Latest posts

Back