Prescriptives TSV - 28/09/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well I hope it will be at a good price for you Aragorn, considering you love the range.. I bet you're secretly hoping for EP's, lol :giggle:
Judging by the real prices of these items, my guess of £40 may be too low..
Anyway, on to more important things.. Hows Frodo? :wave2:

I am indeed hoping because I spent lots of money on Beauty day - I have no self control. I think you're right - it will have to be about the £40 mark. Either that or they're banking on people knowing that Prescriptives are going and therefore there will be a mad scramble for stock so they'll whack the price up?

Bless, Frodo is just fine thank you for asking - due for a massage for his back problem but I won't put any super line preventor on him I don't think. What about Meggie & Poppet - are they still squeaking away?!?

I was looking forward to this TSV (not that I actually need anything!) but having seen it I think I'm going to give it a miss.

I am indeed hoping because I spent lots of money on Beauty day - I have no self control. I think you're right - it will have to be about the £40 mark. Either that or they're banking on people knowing that Prescriptives are going and therefore there will be a mad scramble for stock so they'll whack the price up?

Bless, Frodo is just fine thank you for asking - due for a massage for his back problem but I won't put any super line preventor on him I don't think. What about Meggie & Poppet - are they still squeaking away?!?

Ahhh.. So the massage must help a lot for his back problem? Poppet usually squeaks constantly when she is lounging on me.. Meggie is quieter & more refined, lol..
Seeing as though Prescriptives will be no more, just make sure you get enough of what you need (or want).. And as for spending lots on Beauty Day, well, so did lots of others, lol.. Don't worry about it :wave2:

Well I use and love SLP and the mascara and have run out of both, plus I'd love to try Calyx so that's a pretty good looking TSV for me.

The gloss is probably not my colour, but I expect I can use the moisturiser.

I would have preferred more make up-y items - a palette would have been fab - but I guess I should be stocking up on Super Line Preventor if my supply is going to be cut off.

It's got PEGs, parabens and silicones in it though, so I was trying not to buy any more. Despite knowing this, the thought of it being gone forever after having used it for so long makes me want to stockpile it! :blush:

I'm torn now. (but I expect Alison Young can decide me!) :D :blush:

So much anticipation and SO MUCH DISAPPOINTMENT.............

Obviously trying to shift their stock, where are the lovely colour palettes FFS :?: :FUME:

You're not alone Aragon. I tried and tried with the magic potion and powder, did nothing for me.

I won't be going for this TSV I'm sorry to say. Always been a fan of SLP but whatever they did with it, the extreme didn't seem to suit me anymore. Not keen on the moisturiser with SPF. So I will have another look at the counter, stock up on a mascara and lash builder and maybe a palette.

I was also expecting so much more from this TSV.

I had the Magic in the liquid and mixed a tiny bit in with my foundation. That was how I got it to work. Never repurchased.

The Magic Powder I hate it. The brush in the lid was unless, but if you tried to use a normal powder brush it clogged the bristles. Also it made any wrinkles you had under the eyes look like a dried up mummy's face.

Their foundations, blushes, eyeshadows and lipsticks are brilliant.

I am using their primer and it is excellent.

Price at the moment is £38.50 + £3.95.
Don't know if this is the TSV price but sounds like it.

The lipgloss colour is Sassy.

So disappointed with this TSV - but no doubt I'll buy it!!

Help: advice sought re SLP

I would have preferred more make up-y items - a palette would have been fab - but I guess I should be stocking up on Super Line Preventor if my supply is going to be cut off.

It's got PEGs, parabens and silicones in it though, so I was trying not to buy any more. Despite knowing this, the thought of it being gone forever after having used it for so long makes me want to stockpile it! :blush:

I'm torn now. (but I expect Alison Young can decide me!) :D :blush:

:hi:LA'kn, very good news on the job front.

Tell me, where would one slot in SLP if one used A'Kin rosehip oil/Decleor aromessence; serum; moisturiser; and primer, or would it be overkill?:confused2:

Also, how does P's primer compare with those of Smashbox ?

Tell me, where would one slot in SLP if one used A'Kin rosehip oil/Decleor aromessence; serum; moisturiser; and primer, or would it be overkill?:confused2:

Hiya sweetie, :hi:

I think you could slot SLP in as your morning treatment under your moisturiser and keep the oils and serums for night time. For me SLP has an instant and visible plumping and smoothing effect so I use it when I'm on show the most!

As for the Primer, I expect Donna will tell us what it's like. :flower:

Hiya sweetie, :hi:

I think you could slot SLP in as your morning treatment under your moisturiser and keep the oils and serums for night time. For me SLP has an instant and visible plumping and smoothing effect so I use it when I'm on show the most!

As for the Primer, I expect Donna will tell us what it's like. :flower:

:bow:Thanks LA'k, greatly appreciated, tho' perhaps it's rather too late in the day! Certainly, will make the morning routine a lot easier - particularly as I am a night bird.:24:

The primer is in a tube and white, not a slippy in feel as Smashbox. It gives a smooth look and calms down any redness you have. Has a sort of mat finish on the skin. I thought it was just perhaps for oily skin and emailed Prescriptives when it first come out. But its for all skin types and I also asked about roseaca and they said it would sooth and calm. I really like it and when its gone will just go back to Smashbox Light Version which is the one nearest to it in texture.
The Prescriptives one is only £19 compared to £27 RRP for Smashbox.

Hi I asked Alison this very same question and she said to use the SLP first as it can be used right around the eyes. I use my SLP, then Decleor oil and then moisturiser and it works beautifully.

Honeypot

The primer is in a tube and white, not a slippy in feel as Smashbox. It gives a smooth look and calms down any redness you have. Has a sort of mat finish on the skin. I thought it was just perhaps for oily skin and emailed Prescriptives when it first come out. But its for all skin types and I also asked about roseaca and they said it would sooth and calm. I really like it and when its gone will just go back to Smashbox Light Version which is the one nearest to it in texture.
The Prescriptives one is only £19 compared to £27 RRP for Smashbox.

:flower: Thanks, Donna. Shall give it a try, if available.

Hi I asked Alison this very same question and she said to use the SLP first as it can be used right around the eyes. I use my SLP, then Decleor oil and then moisturiser and it works beautifully.

Honeypot

:flower: Thanks too, Honeypot. Would the same sequence hold if one were to use A'kin's rosehip oil, which you can use round the eyes?

Im undecided on this tsv now....i really want the SLP but whats the point if its going to be discontinued :(

Latest posts

Back