Prepology Tsv.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

piper4

Feline & Veiltail Techie!
Two Elms left & One Oak north of Pixie Wood on the
I was about to order this online, when I realised I didn't know the size of the grill pan as the description does not say, so I called and the measurement are 23.8 cm by 23.8cm and a depth of 6cm, I measured my micro and it's too small for it to turn round which it needs to do. I did have a look on Qvc US and it has got favourable reviews so unless Santa brings me a bigger micro I will give this a miss for now, which is a pity.

piper

I am surprised they didn't post the dimentions with the details as that was one of the things I looked for.

Crikey I nearly ordered this!! It was the thought of a midnight sausage sarnie that did it!! However, I only have a small kitchen and so only have a small microwave to save space so the grill pan won't fit. Am gutted but am thinking of all the calories I'll save from not eating sausages in the middle of the night!!

Thank you for posting this Piper, I was vaguely interested (which means I might have been talked into ordering) but I think this is too large for my microwave too. I wonder why they made it square? A round one would have been better imho.

Jude xx

i just saw the presentation - apparently, you can use it in a microwave that does not turn (or is too small to allow it to turn) by stopping it halfway through cooking and turning it round yourself...hope this helps!

I hate cooking and get annoyed with grilling when it splatters so I've ordered one of these and hope the results are as good as they say. I have to say the thought of a sinful sausage at midnight finally tempted me and I think that thought really appealed to Craig as well.....:p :pPC:

P.S. Can't quite get used to seeing Simon flogging cookware instead of jewellery. :confused:

Craig was rather good last night demonstrating it. Think he has been trialling for far too long or just found an ideal bachelor toy :D

Thinking back to my microwave module back in my uni days, I think that the reason it is square is something to do with waveguiding and reflection of the microwaves. Probably part of the reason you get the insert lid as well as the waves are guided directly to the food rather than absorbed and through as you would get in a round dish. My theory anyway ;)

Craig said last night you heat it up in the micro for about 3 mins then a piece of salmon only takes 7 mins to cook.It takes 7 mins in a pan doesn't it ??????

Stop being awkward you. :Snoops: It's far less messy doing it in this pan thing so I'm still gonna get it. :p :pPC:

I will Snoops and then knowing me I won't bliddy use it lol. :D :pPC:

I think this is one of those where it's worth waiting for the reviews to see how those get on that only have small microwaves and have to turn it half way through.

And do you need it anyway? My george (with removable plates) works well for me, yet I found myself tempted by this TSV.

I've gone and ordered one, but thoses reviews aren't that good, never mind I will give it a try, it looks really good anyway.

From where I read, it's got a relatively good review. The ones that have moaned and gave it 1 or 2 stars are:

1) It arrived damaged so couldn't use it (yeah so return and get another one then comment on usage)
2) My microwave doesn't have a turntable so couldn't use it
3) The booklet is bad (er, so what manual is?)
4) The presentation didn't mention something (everything was addressed in the UK presentation)

A couple pointed out about wear and tear but as ever, we don't know if they read the care instructions or just got a bad batch. For the price, even I know it is not going to last for years!

Latest posts

Back