Prai neck cream

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Kathy Kanga is making big claims for this product, accompanied by photos of women in their late 70’s with good skin texture and firm jawline.

Am I to believe these claims, would I get such good results on my soon to be 64 year old already crepy and lined neck ?

Opinions or personal experience of the stuff please.

I am a bit lazy with neck creams but have always taken any cream, serum etc. on my face down onto my neck so it is in no way a neglected neck.I tried Prai once which I bought from Boots, didn’t think it was so different, have not repurchased.One I did like was Judith Williams Retinol one but again have not repurchased, it was rich and creamy but not sticky.

I got a small size in one of the Beauty Advent Calendars - M&S I think.

I found that it rolled off, but according to some of the reviews on QVCUK, I’m either applying too much, or not in the right way. You need to pat instead of rub.

I’ll give it another go I guess!

I got some with the M&S beauty advent, used it for a month, no difference at all to my neck which is beginning to get quite saggy and wrinkly now. I also saw a rep getting ready in a M&S store to promote this and I was not that impressed in her neckline , mind you I’ve no idea if her neck looked like mouse wearing an elephant suit beforehand!

It's rubbish. It's a cream. Made no difference at all to my neck area so I wouldn't waste your money. Elemis overnight matrix is expensive but shows visible signs of improvement in the morning. It's the only thing I've found where you can see results since the Decleor neck serum and the JW diamond neck cream were both discontinued (why I don't know because they were really good products).

CC

I have not tried Prai, but I have noticed any difference in the few dedicated neck creams I have tried. Though I do take my creams down to neck anyway. I am also wary of what I try on my neck, as a for a number of years I had problems with sensitivity to my neck area.

I started using neck cream in my 30s. Sorry ladies but after the damage is done you need a neck lift and peel to really make any difference.

I started with the Body Shop one, then the Gatineau for a while, Elemis which is too expensive but got it a few times in kits. Then some years back and it was only £9.50 then now it is £13.50 M&S Formula range one, one pump is all you need for the jaw to boobs then around the back of the neck and up behind your ears. Yes, that is where neck is supposed to go. M&S changed the packaging the other year and I grabbed 5 bottles for £3.50 each.

The Prai one, I got a small one given to me by a friend who bought and hated. So thought okay will see how it goes. Yes, you need very little as it is thick the size of a processed pea should do what I said and no rolling off. Is it the wonder cream? No, it is now awful but I still prefer my M&S one.

Oh, much to the curiosity of friends I do not have a wrinkle on my neck or jouls(sp) a friend informed me of that too:wonder: I keep saying when I die that will be the main conversation at my funeral, WOW Donna's neck looks good.:mysmilie_19:

Well Donna I’m 30 years too old for your advice but sadly I agree that I should have asked this question in 1989 ! I must pass your advice on to my nieces, in their late 20’s.

Perhaps try the NIOD NEC. If you buy direct from NIOD, a 365 year mbg. Also, I know it sounds odd, but the deciem anti age (pink packing) hand cream. Ditto mbg, but all available on Q if you are a Stan. The Prai I feel is unremarkable & tends to roll. Full of perfume. It's clear to me that they have now increased somewhat the marketing/PR budget. KK tends to bullshit & used to prattle that they only used word of mouth & zero advertising. Yeah right, & for sure,not any more.
It's going to take at least a month using 2xper day to see even a tiny result. Also - no over hot showers/baths, watch the shower gel/soap on the dec, don't over rub with towels. Perhaps use some good resurfacing products before you start the creams too (clean base etc) Make sure your Bra is good & lifts/supports. Yes really. Especially if you are busty.

Also, stop obsessing. Just cos you are always looking at it doesn't mean everyone else is. They probably aren't. Use floaty scarves if you like, play up your eyes/hair/great personality/soh/cleverness etc.

I often take my neck cream up over my face - I tend to prefer the texture of neck products and on my face I can feel a very slight tightening with some. I'd recommend NEC by NIOD as my first choice but the Prai one (which often comes in huge tubs like today's OTO) works out very economical. I also have a JW Retinol one in my stash which I'm saving for the Winter to minimise sun exposure.

Nothing topically applied can make a significant change but putting something is better than nothing, face or body cream. SPF on the chest will help further damage.

I absolutely hated this cream it did nothing for me and rolled off even when patted in, wish that Josie Maran was still on Qvc uk as I love her Argan Oil and milk serum, I bring it back from America now.:mysmilie_48:

I am on my second jar and my neck may not be as bad as I think as it doesn't seem to be any different. I have never had a problem with roll off, I go round the back of my neck and over my shoulders. I also use the Pixie Glow but again not sure if it has made any difference.

I may be in the minority here but I love the Prai neck cream! I had the small one in last year's M & S summer box and could really see a difference when I had finished the pot. I hadn't bought another pot and within a month my neck looked awful, so I bought 2 lots on special offer on QVC. I.am nearly 66 and I think my neck is not bad for my age!

I'm glad it worked for you but unfortunately did nothing for me. It's good value if you like it. Nothing against Kathy but I just find the Prai products average.

CC

I tried the Prai and found it sticky and it didn't make any difference. I now use a hyaluronic acid serum and that's doing the job nicely. It sinks in quickly and there is no sticky residue.

I think the mantra for neck creams IS to pat instead of rub. The Elemis lady (not Keeley) said exactly the same. I have used Elemis neck and throat balm, and found it to be good, and like another poster, I have found the Elemis Matrix to be equally good after slapping it on before bedtime - I do appear to have a 'glow' in the morning, (and NO its not attributed to anything else - that ship has long since past !!!)

I think the mantra for neck creams IS to pat instead of rub. The Elemis lady (not Keeley) said exactly the same. I have used Elemis neck and throat balm, and found it to be good, and like another poster, I have found the Elemis Matrix to be equally good after slapping it on before bedtime - I do appear to have a 'glow' in the morning, (and NO its not attributed to anything else - that ship has long since past !!!)

I don't pat I rub in,not hard of course and never had roll off. I use their serum first,or any serum I have ,so maybe that is why, don't know.

Latest posts

Back