Prai neck cream

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Also, stop obsessing. Just cos you are always looking at it doesn't mean everyone else is. They probably aren't. Use floaty scarves if you like, play up your eyes/hair/great personality/soh/cleverness etc.

Agree. I always remember a quote from Christoper Drummond a US makeup artist. It was about dark circles which I have(not the where is the dark circle sort they show on QVC), he said no one but you notices them. People are not pointing at you in the street in horror. Same applies to every defect we see in ourselves. I know I have bumped into friends and went, "Oh, I have no makeup on today." I get the reply they never even noticed Women are far too harsh on ourselves and it is the beauty companies that have done this to us over the years. You have a baby and if not back to size 2 in three days the tabloids are point fingers and other women saying oh she looks so fat! That is the celebs and it rubs down to everyday normal women feeling they must meet a certain standard or they are crap.

I was 60 last autumn, have always loved the sun & the only moisturiser I've ever used is Astral - good enough for my grandmother so good enough for me. I started using eye gel in my late 20s & have upgraded as I've got older but I've never used a neck product so in the interests of science, & this thread, I've just scrutinised my throat & decollete; I think they look pretty good considering they only have a sweep of a general cream twice a day. My conclusion is an oily skin, small bust & lucky genes have given me a throat that doesn't look any different from how it was 10 years ago, sadly my upper arms haven't fared so well & are decidedly quilted!

I am not convinced that we need to do any more than apply a good quality moisturiser from forehead to nipples from an early age. As long as that moisturiser isn't heavy, it can go round the eye socket as well as face, neck and decolletage. Other than that, lifestyle and genetics hold all the cards.

But at the end of the day, we are the ones who decide what matters to us, and set out priorities accordingly. I would prefer to have a face timestamped by laughter, love and kindness that be line-free and expressionless... Same with my loved ones and friends. The life and character are the most important, and your lines don't lie... They tell the world if you frowned and scowled, or if you laughed and smiled.

I am not convinced that we need to do any more than apply a good quality moisturiser from forehead to nipples from an early age. As long as that moisturiser isn't heavy, it can go round the eye socket as well as face, neck and decolletage. Other than that, lifestyle and genetics hold all the cards.

But at the end of the day, we are the ones who decide what matters to us, and set out priorities accordingly. I would prefer to have a face timestamped by laughter, love and kindness that be line-free and expressionless... Same with my loved ones and friends. The life and character are the most important, and your lines don't lie... They tell the world if you frowned and scowled, or if you laughed and smiled.

Lovely words & very true.

Agree. I always remember a quote from Christoper Drummond a US makeup artist. It was about dark circles which I have(not the where is the dark circle sort they show on QVC), he said no one but you notices them. People are not pointing at you in the street in horror. Same applies to every defect we see in ourselves. I know I have bumped into friends and went, "Oh, I have no makeup on today." I get the reply they never even noticed Women are far too harsh on ourselves and it is the beauty companies that have done this to us over the years. You have a baby and if not back to size 2 in three days the tabloids are point fingers and other women saying oh she looks so fat! That is the celebs and it rubs down to everyday normal women feeling they must meet a certain standard or they are crap.

So true & we do this over so many aspects of ourselves & our lives. I woke up one day when I was 13 looking like a dalmation, the oily skin that has given me less wrinkles at 60 gave me spots on top of spots as a teen. My mother, always a straight talking woman, told me that nobody looked at me when I was out, I can now understand what she meant but back then I just felt that she didn't understand or care. Fortunately, a wonderful neighbour who was called 'auntie Joan' bought me my first spot stick & thanks to her I was able to face the world with American Tan spots rather than scarlet ones. I know quite a number of women who apologise for the state of their homes when I visit & until the words "Excuse the mess" have been uttered I haven't seen any mess.

I was 60 last autumn, have always loved the sun & the only moisturiser I've ever used is Astral - good enough for my grandmother so good enough for me. I started using eye gel in my late 20s & have upgraded as I've got older but I've never used a neck product so in the interests of science, & this thread, I've just scrutinised my throat & decollete; I think they look pretty good considering they only have a sweep of a general cream twice a day. My conclusion is an oily skin, small bust & lucky genes have given me a throat that doesn't look any different from how it was 10 years ago, sadly my upper arms haven't fared so well & are decidedly quilted!

Indeed, bust does make a difference. Don't you find the Astral dead greasy on your face, T?

I was 70 last November and all through my childhood there was never anything about using sunscreen. I don't even know if it was available in the local chemist. My gran used Ponds Vanishing cream, my mum never used anything and until my late 20's I never even knew there was anything to use in the sun.

Indeed, bust does make a difference. Don't you find the Astral dead greasy on your face, T?

No, but I only use a small amount & smooth it through my fingers first. I opened the current 500 ml pot on 1st May last year, have used it twice on every day since & have even used it on my arms when too lazy to get a new body lotion from the cupboard AND there's still a couple of weeks left in it. I watch the You Tube channel of Dominique Sachse, an American tv news journalist, & I'm amazed by the amount of product she uses, I guess I'm just thrifty.

No, but I only use a small amount & smooth it through my fingers first. I opened the current 500 ml pot on 1st May last year, have used it twice on every day since & have even used it on my arms when too lazy to get a new body lotion from the cupboard AND there's still a couple of weeks left in it. I watch the You Tube channel of Dominique Sachse, an American tv news journalist, & I'm amazed by the amount of product she uses, I guess I'm just thrifty.

What's the gist of this tubers feelings re Astral please T? It's near impossible for me to watch vids online here, I think because of the awful broadband speed? TIA

What's the gist of this tubers feelings re Astral please T? It's near impossible for me to watch vids online here, I think because of the awful broadband speed? TIA

Sorry, I've misled you Sis, I shouldn't think she's heard of it but it's the amount of product, any product, she uses that amazes me, the amount under eye concealer alone could cover a small wall. I'm an Astral dinosaur & the only person I've heard praise it is Joanna Lumley, who along with my grandmother & Lady Penelope, is my role model.

Knowledge from here has taught me that certain items such as cleanser, tonic, exfoliator and mask from Aldi have proven advantageous and I’m happy using.
When fresh cream supplies are required I’m going to take Donna’s advice and go down sampling the creams from the M&S Formula Range.

As a young teen I massaged Camay soap because of the cold cream,!? I was using cleansers & moisturisers from then onwards, Elizabeth Arden, Charles of the Ritz, Clinique as it was new to the market and the list goes on.However sun screen was not important & that at least is recognised these days.My skin is good for my age but I have pigmentation & put that down to ignorance of the effects of the sun.For youngsters these days I would say cleanse, moisturise and use sun protection, don’t spend a fortune but concentrate on sun and pollution protection.

We're the same age Twi - (70 last October) and yep, the only face cream that I can remember was Nivea, Astral and Ponds - it was Nivea for me, and I used it as a sun tanning lotion as well.

I remember in my lunch hour in 1965 sitting on the roof of the Pfizer office block in Sandwich with the rest of us typing pool girls, lathered in Hawaiian Tropical getting an hour's sunning in - there were some pretty red faces behind the typewriters in the afternoon !

Everything was limited back then, deodorants were roll-ons, Mum mostly, toothpaste was pink in a tin or Pepsadent, and my make-up was Rimmel in the blue plastic packaging, oh and spit mascara (how lovely but we all did it !)

Sorry, I've misled you Sis, I shouldn't think she's heard of it but it's the amount of product, any product, she uses that amazes me, the amount under eye concealer alone could cover a small wall. I'm an Astral dinosaur & the only person I've heard praise it is Joanna Lumley, who along with my grandmother & Lady Penelope, is my role model.

I'm with you on Lady Penelope, & yes I understand now. I think Jo Lumley fronted an advertising campaign for Astral.

We're the same age Twi - (70 last October) and yep, the only face cream that I can remember was Nivea, Astral and Ponds - it was Nivea for me, and I used it as a sun tanning lotion as well.

I remember in my lunch hour in 1965 sitting on the roof of the Pfizer office block in Sandwich with the rest of us typing pool girls, lathered in Hawaiian Tropical getting an hour's sunning in - there were some pretty red faces behind the typewriters in the afternoon

Everything was limited back then, deodorants were roll-ons, Mum mostly, toothpaste was pink in a tin or Pepsadent, and my make-up was Rimmel in the blue plastic packaging, oh and spit mascara (how lovely but we all did it !)
Just a couple of years in front of you! Remember Mary Quant make up?i loved the silver slick face highlighter, my eyes (No bags in those days) were highlighted by mink lashes! The difference between then & now apart from the obvious? I can be myself still interested in makeup & skincare but not feeling judged by anyone, having to conform it is really a liberation I wish I had embraced at an earlier age.

I believe Joanna Lumley is a big fan of Imedeen. I know it's pricey, but I might take a look.

No matter what range I am using, I always use jojoba oil under my moisturiser, at night. I think my neck might be beyond redemption, as it has had to support two sacks of spuds, for quite some time now. But, since using the jojoba, my face, neck & dec have been in better condition, and softer to touch.

Maybe it's time to start on the Astral!

As a young teen I massaged Camay soap because of the cold cream,!? I was using cleansers & moisturisers from then onwards, Elizabeth Arden, Charles of the Ritz, Clinique as it was new to the market and the list goes on.However sun screen was not important & that at least is recognised these days.My skin is good for my age but I have pigmentation & put that down to ignorance of the effects of the sun.For youngsters these days I would say cleanse, moisturise and use sun protection, don’t spend a fortune but concentrate on sun and pollution protection.

Ooh yes I remember rubbing Camay on my face.:mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17:

I believe Joanna Lumley is a big fan of Imedeen. I know it's pricey, but I might take a look.

No matter what range I am using, I always use jojoba oil under my moisturiser, at night. I think my neck might be beyond redemption, as it has had to support two sacks of spuds, for quite some time now. But, since using the jojoba, my face, neck & dec have been in better condition, and softer to touch.

Maybe it's time to start on the Astral!

Don't know if she still does but I heard she used haemmeroid cream as an eye cream.

Yes, models did use haemorrhoid creams before photoshoots but it dried your eyes up like mad I read. Also seems they have changed the ingredients and it will not work for under eyes now. Strange but true this came up a few months back on a forum someone asking for something to really tighten their under eyes up.

Latest posts

Back