Practical gifts for women

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought my husband a food processor last Xmas...........

I feel a bit bad now

There are people on here who would love a red Kitchenaid Artisan!

BTW I've just had an email from Q, it seems they are now selling the Artisan, not the domestic model (or have I got them mixed up?)

Me me me!!! I would love my husband forever if he bought me one of those!! I would also settle for a lesser, but still nice, mixer, one of those them steam generator thingies or a new vacuum - made even more perfect if he used it now and again :rolleyes:

My husband and I don't exchange gifts by agreement, that's why we go to Florida twice a year and also fit in a short break, time off permitting.

Last year we did Horse Guards 5 star in London and this year it's NYC for 5 days, which suits us to perfection. After all you can't splash put on gifts and travel like we do.

If I want perfume I buy it, ditto with clothes and my beloved Mulberry bags.

We're the same, apart from the holidays. If we want stuff we buy it. I am constantly buying clothes, shoes, beauty products and handbags. He buys cars, motorbikes and xbox games!! No-one buys practical things for the house unless they're broken. A practical present would really do it for me :D - if we did presents of course :cool: This xmas we're having the whole of the ground floor floor tiled - beats a whole lot of stuff that neither of us really wants!

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

I want an ipad this year, a white one to match my phone. I dropped a hint last weekend and a look of relief came over his face. I'm the only person he buys for (I do the all the rest) so that's job done as far as he's concerned.

I used to work with a chap who gave his wife the exact same present every Christmas, a bottle of Jack Daniels & a ten pound note.
I only ever knew her to drink white wine.
How they'd stayed married for twenty years beats me.

I suppose we're all more affluent now - gone are the days when you had to wait till birthday or Xmas to get a bottle of good perfume, a nice piece of jewellery or whatever - if you want it, you more than likely buy it any old time of year. Which does mean that presents can be difficult when everyone's got everything. I like the arrangement OH and I have - from around now, when I see bits & pieces I like, I buy them, he refunds me the money and hides it away - by Xmas I've forgotten half of them so it works ok - I do like surprises, but OH isn't good at them..ever since I got a pair of denim dungarees about three sizes too large (probably fit me now!) we've worked our present arrangement. Wouldn't suit everyone I know, but it does nicely for us.

I email hubby several links to items I like but I never find out which he`s bought me until I open it on Christmas Day. Its a way of getting things he`ll know I like but still has an element of surprise.

A friend's first Christmas gift from her mother in law was a large sack of potatoes.

I'd have been very tempted to save them - yes, green with eyes and stalks included - and return the thought the following year.

But don't get me started on my mother-in-law or you'll all be begging Graham to close this forum............

Disenchanted..I think your inlaws and my outlaws (like to keep them as distant as poss) shop at the same shops! Is there a branch of "Cheap, Nasty and Offensive Presents R Us" near them too?

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back