Poor taste and misinformation

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I see it is yet another hollowed out ring, so will be very thin and easily dented, probably the plain ring will get dented by the stone on the other ring.

Even with the price of silver as it is, it would probably have cost a pittance to make the rings of solid silver, and this would also make them much more comfortable to wear (I have a QVC hollowed out gold ring, it is wafer thin, has lots of dents in it, and is uncomfortable because of the 2 thin rings against the skin).

I wonder if Queenie's rings are hollowed out?

BTW I don't think anyone has said they are buying it. Is anyone tempted?

Last edited:
And much as I love diamonique, I know perfectly well that the minute I hand the piece to a jeweller, he or she is going to know it's not a real diamond. The jeweller might be fooled from a distance but certainly not on close inspection. Not that it bothers me. I never pass off diamonique as real anyway.

If you believe the hype on IW (spit, spit) even a jeweller cannot tell Moissanite from diamond without using a special tester. I'm surprised that QVC have never done Moissaninte.

It is for the nation to celebrate a new queen which is why Q are pushing this ring set. We know that the King died but this is a national happening and not personal, i am sure the Queen will be remembering things in her own way

I thought the thing about moissanite is that it sparkles even more than diamonds and with brighter colours? That might well give it away!

Mentioning no names, but a few threads and posts are sounding very 'technical & knowledgable' re the "workings" of qvc , so I suspect there are a few forumites on here who work for them. If that IS the case then I jolly well hope that some of our 'moan' get filtered back to those concerned. !
Well, I don't know about anyone else but I've never worked for QVC (or any other shopping channel)! Although I have been accused of it on here a few years back! ;-)

I've worked in a shop..maybe the wealth of my experience is shining thru!

Jude xx

I thought it was Fatima Whitbread! Q could do a set of cockroach earrings to commemorate her being second runner up in the jungle?

Jude xx

Butler and Wilson must have doge a jewel encrusted cockroach by now. Surely?!! :eek:)

I thought the thing about moissanite is that it sparkles even more than diamonds and with brighter colours? That might well give it away!

I think that's true but the big giveaway for diamonique is the weight of the metal, the setting and the fact that a lot of it is set in silver. If you want people to believe it's not real don't let them try it on.

And no jeweller would be fooled when looking at it with a loupe. The faceting is razor sharp on a diamond and not on a diamonique or any other CZ.

I personally think that diamonique is fab and I own several pieces. I can't tell the difference just by looking at it if I'm honest but I do think diamonique needs to be cleaned far more regularly than diamonds.

I am lucky enough to have diamond stud earrings which I wear loads. They rarely need cleaning but my pink diamonique stud earrings lose their sparkle if they're regularly cleaned. Once they're cleaned up though they're gorgeous and really sparkly.

The TSV set is the engagement ring and wedding band look. There can't be many couples who would buy these as such surely, so what's the point in them?

I like the look of the stone in the TSV.

What number of years should be known henceforth as the "Diamonique" Anniversary? :heartbroke:

There's a virtual prize for the best answer, and a booby prize for the first person to think 69 :mysmilie_845:, a slow shake of the head if you suggest it. :dull:

Jude xx

The TSV set is the engagement ring and wedding band look. There can't be many couples who would buy these as such surely, so what's the point in them?

There's a lot to be said for having an imaginary husband.

Jude xx

I think the ' Diamonique Anniversary ' should be 60 years from the date of being married but the marriage ended in divorce !!!

or for those c'leb marriages 60days before they start checking the small print of the pre-nup.

Jude xx

I think that's true but the big giveaway for diamonique is the weight of the metal, the setting and the fact that a lot of it is set in silver. If you want people to believe it's not real don't let them try it on.

And no jeweller would be fooled when looking at it with a loupe. The faceting is razor sharp on a diamond and not on a diamonique or any other CZ.

I personally think that diamonique is fab and I own several pieces. I can't tell the difference just by looking at it if I'm honest but I do think diamonique needs to be cleaned far more regularly than diamonds.

I am lucky enough to have diamond stud earrings which I wear loads. They rarely need cleaning but my pink diamonique stud earrings lose their sparkle if they're regularly cleaned. Once they're cleaned up though they're gorgeous and really sparkly.
I love my Diamonique and agree with you entirely. The weight is an issue. Although, I quite like the heavier weight of the Tacori range.

i have quite a bit of tacori bought from last clicks usually and its very substatial. usually all pieces are jade backed like the real tacori stuff usually is...

Latest posts

Back