please take their I pads away.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Don't go out if you've got a temperature but otherwise a check up with Dr sounds a good idea. Yes, moaning is a good sign but you're clearly not your usual self.
Hope you feel better soon x

Some Northern Nights coming up at 6pm if you're interested? - I'm drooling over Mr Darcy with my daughter - love Pride & Prejudice.

I'd just like to say I sent in a complimentary tweet to JR the other day and to her credit she didnt read it out, but thanked me for it on air. Not quite as self-obsessed as some of you think!

I'd just like to say I sent in a complimentary tweet to JR the other day and to her credit she didnt read it out, but thanked me for it on air. Not quite as self-obsessed as some of you think!

well. what did you tweet her? She was obviously too shy to read it out..

Well now ... I've let them into my home via telly. If they check the Ipad, it's like they're saying SnarlyYourCompanyIsn'tGoodEnough, let's check what other MoreImportantPeople have to say. They should provide info/sizes/dimensions rather than showing us they are 'au fait' with technology. I say, 'get out a tape measure' and show us the actual size of a garment. Mother always had a TapeMeasure in her purse when going clothes shopping. Yet Q expect us to pay p&p (x2) to find out IfItFits and the ingredients of a product. Naughty, Q!

I am thanks.Going to try and get a Dr appt tmrw . I'm well enough to moan which is a good sign.:grin::grin::grin:

if it's norovirus LEL, it just has to run its course - and they won't want you at the doctor's!

Don't go out if you've got a temperature but otherwise a check up with Dr sounds a good idea. Yes, moaning is a good sign but you're clearly not your usual self.
Hope you feel better soon x

Some Northern Nights coming up at 6pm if you're interested? - I'm drooling over Mr Darcy with my daughter - love Pride & Prejudice.

Oh bless you. i will go tmrw and hopefully be back to myself soon.

Mmmmm Mr Darcy

Was that before or after the best presenter poll closed :wink:

I'm not on Twitter, although I know it's supposedly one of the 'in' things at the moment, and so I find the constant reading out of tweets irritating. The comments don't really add anything to the products being shown, in my opinion. I also think it's unprofessional to be welded to an iPad when you're supposed to be presenting - but maybe that's just me. It's on a par with texting, while you're talking to someone, and that to me means that the person has become 'secondary' ......... i.e. is being ignored.

IF QVC feel that it's necessary to be seen to be moving with the times, then maybe the last five minutes of a show could be allocated for the reading out any tweets, although I'd personally change channels or mute the volume while this was going on.

And I mean no offence to any forum members who are on Twitter.

Shouldn't they be using one of the many Android tablets they sell? I am sure the studio could save a fortune by using Stratobuddy's returned tablets :p

PJ.

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Snake.

I personally think they use the I pads cause most of them have bad eye sight and now can't read out the texts.

I noticed the texts have certainly been less than what they used to be, and even Charlie was reading texts out

last night , and said he couldn't see them and had to kneel on the floor. LOL. And i think most of the woman are

at an age when they can't see without their glasses on, so as to save them putting glasses on and off they are now

using the i pad. And i personally think they shouldn't be using them. Who cares what someone is tweeting them

and saying, i don't. Its a blooming shopping channel, concentrate on that

Sorry folks, but many of you will not like me then because I was one of the people tweeting her and she showed a photo of my cat which made me day! It was also me who tweeted saying that pippa is a rude word in Swedish!! I suffer horrendously with depression and arthritis and can't always get out and about and this interaction is actually really good for me and lifted my mood greatly, especially as I'm on my own, so Christmas and New Year are an absolute trial for me to survive!!
I can understand how others might find it annoying, but I thought it was fun.

I personally think they use the I pads cause most of them have bad eye sight and now can't read out the texts.

I noticed the texts have certainly been less than what they used to be, and even Charlie was reading texts out

last night , and said he couldn't see them and had to kneel on the floor. LOL. And i think most of the woman are

at an age when they can't see without their glasses on, so as to save them putting glasses on and off they are now

using the i pad. And i personally think they shouldn't be using them. Who cares what someone is tweeting them

and saying, i don't. Its a blooming shopping channel, concentrate on that

I use an iPad and I have to use my glasses otherwise its just blurred! :(

Sorry folks, but many of you will not like me then because I was one of the people tweeting her and she showed a photo of my cat which made me day! It was also me who tweeted saying that pippa is a rude word in Swedish!! I suffer horrendously with depression and arthritis and can't always get out and about and this interaction is actually really good for me and lifted my mood greatly, especially as I'm on my own, so Christmas and New Year are an absolute trial for me to survive!!
Well i won't begrudge you that Diane2495, but if you're a member of the VIP section here, you can find lots of interesting and fun things down in the drop which might cheer you up, try it, you might like it :)

I use an iPad and I have to use my glasses otherwise its just blurred! :(

Well it might ruin my theory LOL. But i wear glasses for reading but if something is up close i could probably see it, but

i think they're trying to be hip and trendy, and personally i don;t like it :(

i can understand how that cheered you up diane. don't forget there's a lot of us here for you if you're feeling down. if you've been reading, you'll have seen a lot of people here find this time of year a struggle (((hugs)))

:mysmilie_516::mysmilie_516::mysmilie_465::mysmilie_50::mysmilie_48::mysmilie_11::mysmilie_845::mysmilie_845:

Hi Diane Its not you i found annoying it was the show and this increasing use of I pads. for what i regard as time filling . I tuned in to watch a Lola Rose clearance show and the jewellery presentation. Hoping to nab myself a bargain. Instead i watched the "Pippa show" where the jewellery was incidental . And yes i can't deny i found the animal pictures and tweets an annoyance during the show, but that's Q's . productions fault not yours.
I find the use of I pads during shows a distraction to the presenters who seem to find them more important than the products and guests

I really hope 2013 is a better year for you and apologise if you were upset by my post .

on another note do you ever listen to LBC? its great for interaction and company. I love it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back