please take their I pads away.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

qvc may not pass the savings onto the customers though if they sack the call centre staff but i agree its got to be a more expensive way of running qvc. amazon has a customer services that is mainly abraod and its very good. returns are hassle free and free. now all they have to do is pay thier due taxes!

I was watching the gardening show think it was Sunday with RJ and Julian and he said that the bosses had encouraged all the presenters to join twitter so mayb its all coming from above and not so much the presenters choice. However he didn't say they were allowed to order on air as i see DF did it last night during the SBC show.

Tweets

I've just sat down to watch the Decleor show and right at the beginning Debbie Flint asked people to get involved blah blah (like she usually does) but it was noticeable that she asked for texts saying 'we get a lot of tweets and we like them but it would be lovely if you could send us a text'.
Does anyone think they may read what we write and have realised that some of us are sick of presenters being welded to their ipads etc? :grin:

I just do not get the idea of why anyone would bother. They are a shopping channel not an entertainment chanel, give info of the items you are selling not reading out tweets/texts from people praising QVC

Half the time people do text in and they stroll along the bottom of the screen and the presenter just ignores them. Craig did it during the Yankee candle tsv launch, deciding to order on his Ipad rather than read them out.

I wish they'd get back to "old skool" style, you know, the one when they used to tell us about the items lol! Each beauty range's true, accurate animal testing policy/position wouldn't go amiss either!

I guess they're trying to tap into the interactive age we live in. However I don't particularly want to know what Agnes of Croydon thinks of her vercella vita control pants and it's really not likely she would persuade me to invest in a pair. Stick to the presenting and lose the tweeters!

I just want accurate product info without having to hear how Mary aged 80. is always being mistaken for a 50 year old.

Couldn't agree more. Why are Will and his iPad even there? Who cares what so and so thinks. She's probably someone who has no life if she tweets to them. It certainly wouldn't influence me and actually has the opposite effect of what they're striving for.

I don't know anything about twitter or facebook but is it possible that we could "jam"the system by inonedating (sp?) them with awful messages which would shock them into stopping this annoying habit. phone calls are bad enough - at least the gallery instructs them to cut the call short.

I can't claim credit for finding this clip as it was down to fellow forumite Vivalas. But, one time soon, with all the iPad flashing and bluster this will probably happen...:happy: (NSFW btw if anyone is easily offended!)

I always thought Dale had been BORN with white hair!

How long ago was that? It must certainly have been more than 10 years ago when I first started watching.

Latest posts

Back