Peter 'The Elvis Expert' Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well said Nikki. Even if Moet does just 'lurk' rather than participate they're going to have to get used to reading the comments we make and they're going to have to 'suck it up' (as the young ones say nowadays!)
I could suggest that it's an ideal opportunity for some winding up but I'm far too mature and responsible for that sort of behaviour! :grin::angel:
But I agree that if Moet does get as rude and disrespectful as they did the other night then we just ignore it, don't give a troll the satisfaction of rising to their bait.

Isn't it odd that the few (two?) supporters of Bid sadly degenerated into such nastiness to forum members?

I know some of our comments about the presenters are sometimes acerbic but everyone is so pleasant to each other that the nasties seem to stick out like a sore thumb.

Strange isn't it. I wonder why that might be?

It's almost as if some of our comments have hit a nerve.

Last edited:
Isn't it odd that the few (two?) supporters of Bid sadly degenerated into such nastiness to forum members?

I know some of our comments about the presenters are sometimes acerbic but everyone is so pleasant to each other that the nasties seem to stick out like a sore thumb.

Strange isn't it. I wonder why that might be?

It's almost as if some of our comments have hit a nerve.

I know we can be a little blunt and as you say Wirral 'acerbic' at times but we're never malicious or vindictive and we don't make it personal.
I think we know the 2 people you're referring to and they really have come across as very aggressive. There's a saying 'the lady doth protest too much' and imho I think these 2 people are close to particular presenters in some way so won't hear any criticism of them. Unfortunately they go over the top and it gets nasty. That's my theory anyway!

M&M last activity 10.25 yesterday.
Can someone tell me what an egg humidifier is as I have managed to miss that presentation or would I be better off not knowing?

M&M last activity 10.25 yesterday.
Can someone tell me what an egg humidifier is as I have managed to miss that presentation or would I be better off not knowing?

FP, there's a serious gap in your knowledge here :mysmilie_510:
An egg dehumidifier is a dehumidifier in the shape of an egg only a bit larger. It absorbs moisture from the atmosphere and I believe it changes colour when it's reached the maximum capacity of moisture it can absorb you just put it in the microwave to dry it out then it can be used again.
Consider yourself educated FP, don't you feel richer for knowing this now!!

The famous egg dehumidifier. Has anyone on the forum actually bought this? A ceramic egg shaped object which is filled with silica gel and is supposed to dehumidify a room such as a kitchen. This thing is only passive and not active! It is supposed to somehow magically suck moisture out of the air and eliminate condensation. I can't for the life of me believe that it can really work in anything but a very tiny area. Then when the gel becomes saturated with all of the moisture that it absorbs, you are supposed to put it in the microwave to dry it out. Then of course, the moisture is released back into your home again. What a load of useless rubbish!

They might be ok to put into a small cupboard, or wardrobe, but I can't see they'd do anything that would even touch the de-humidification of an entire room! Why do they think people spend hundreds of pounds on enormous clunking machines with great big water chambers? They must believe we that us, the silly punters don't realise that for 1p + £7.99 + £1.53 you can get the same results...we need to be educated!

Last edited:
I know we can be a little blunt and as you say Wirral 'acerbic' at times but we're never malicious or vindictive and we don't make it personal.
I think we know the 2 people you're referring to and they really have come across as very aggressive. There's a saying 'the lady doth protest too much' and imho I think these 2 people are close to particular presenters in some way so won't hear any criticism of them. Unfortunately they go over the top and it gets nasty. That's my theory anyway!

They're just overgrown spoilt brats who are chucking their teddies out the pram cos they can't get their own way imo ladies & gents. So the latest verbally abusive one, M&M, appears to still be "watching" the comments on here despite her neurotic outbust about leaving due to those of us who apparently "had nothing better to do with our lives" apparently, thought so haha! Such silly spoilt brats whould never be able to comprehend that we may actually be successful, intelligent individuals, totally beyond them hence their idiotic comments! :giggle:

Last edited:
They're just overgrown spoilt brats who are chucking their teddies out the pram cos they can't get their own way imo ladies & gents. So the latest verbally abusive one, M&M, appears to still be "watching" the comments on here despite her neurotic outbust about leaving due to those of us who apparently "had nothing better to do with our lives" apparently, thought so haha! Such silly spoilt brats whould never be able to comprehend that we may actually be successful, intelligent individuals, totally beyond them hence their idiotic comments! :giggle:

Nikki I really think you should say what you actually feel rather than keeping it pent up inside like you do! :grin::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_471:

Nikki I really think you should say what you actually feel rather than keeping it pent up inside like you do! :grin::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_471:[/QUOTE

Hahaha PMSL DeeDee!:giggle: Yeh, I must try to express myself more tee hee x.:mysmilie_483:

Latest posts

Back