Pet Insurance ... yes or no?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

thanks cap :) i paid £100 for the pleasure, otherwise it would have been friday/monday. compared to what i've shelled out already, it's a drop in the ocean and saves a few more grey hairs and wrinkles. i swear this has aged me ten years. :giggle:

Aw, poor Louis.
Tell him it's to make him better janie. He'll understand lol
I remember my mother digging a splinter out of my squirming hand. "This hurts me more than it does you!" she said.
I'm STILL trying to work that one out :giggle:

You will be counting off the hours now. I don't envy you janie.
You've been a super Mammy to Louis.

poor louis is so fed up he has become very aggressive. so much so they have put an elizabethan collar on him to protect their hands which has made him even more angry and he's refusing all food. i'm so upset he's so upset i can't wait to get him home - i have the carrier by the door all ready to go. the results will be back by 4pm tomorrow so the plan is for me to meet with the vet at 4pm, then bring him home to see how he is at home.

poor louis is so fed up he has become very aggressive. so much so they have put an elizabethan collar on him to protect their hands which has made him even more angry and he's refusing all food. i'm so upset he's so upset i can't wait to get him home - i have the carrier by the door all ready to go. the results will be back by 4pm tomorrow so the plan is for me to meet with the vet at 4pm, then bring him home to see how he is at home.

Aww poor Louis. I bet he's fed up. Being poorly is bad enough, but being prodded and poked and taken away from home :( he deserves a little swipe at the nurses now and again!

I hope the news is that Louis can come home and be treated with tablets or a one-off procedure. He sounds like he's really had enough now. Poor little dab.

Janie when you see him tomorrow give him a kiss on the head from me and a little lick from Rossi & Casey! Xx

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

um, cap - does it have to be a lick?? :thinking:

the collar has really annoyed me actually, as it bothers him so much. i think if you're a vet nurse, getting scratched is all part of the job.if human nurses have to contend with being kicked, thumped, spat on and vomited on, i don't think a hissing cat is too much to put up with. grrrrrrrrr

I agree Janie. Having mine in collars after their ops was horrendous. They both turned evil and hissed like mad at each other.

And no, I won't make you lick him! I have conferred with the pusses and they say a sniff of the bum will do :p

Hi Janie. I hope you are, as I type, cwtching little Louis into a favourite spot! Have you had the results? Thinking of you both. Xx

sorry it's late but have had such a bad evening, i had to work up to posting. havent got lou. he was really poorly, just sitting hunched smacking his lips which they claim he hasnt done till now. he has severe ibs and acute pancreatitits but still 5-10% chance of lymphoma - more results to folllow on friday. vet also thnks he may have nuerological problems. there's no treatment for pancreatitis but ibs treated with steroids which theyre starting tonight - 80% chance of it working then IF he will eat, just one flavour prescription food which apparently isnt very palatable. thinking more and more he will have to be put to sleep and it's tearing me apart watching and waiting. just devastated.

Not the news everyone was hoping for & I can understand why you are feeling shredded, but it was good of you to post here janie. It must have been hard and is much appreciated.
You say not all the test results are back yet so you can only hold on to that thought at the moment.
It's one day at a time with him.

Oh No We were all waiting for good news this evening,We are rooting for lou lets hope the meds work.

Sorry there isn't better news today hopefully they'll know more when the rest of the test results are in, sending you and Louis positive vibes

Aww Janie that's so brave of you to post. I bet you kind of wish we'd all leave you alone. I really am gutted to hear Louis isn't home and better. At least they can treat his ibs, that's a start. I really don't know what to say apart from I am thinking of you and hoping with every breath I have that he will pull through Xx

Latest posts

Back