P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tia

milk in our tea
On a hill, at the end of the road, where the wind
as most of you here, I am fed up to hear the presenters never mentioning the P&P charges. (only when you have free shipping they won't stop talking about it)
Items carry a hefty and overpriced charge which should be included in the sales talk

I thought, according to trading standards and european consumer law, that all the necessary costs that are part of the product and service , should be included in the total price. In this case, the presenters are obliged to mention the total price, including the P&P or at least mention the PP charge for every item.

Ryanair got a fine as it was promoting it's fares very cheap, only in the end of the booking process the taxes, luggage charges.... were mentioned.

QVC will probably get away with it as the PP is shown on screen, but imo the total price with the PP should be shown and talked about as you do not receive the goods at the price they talk about

rant over lol

I think companies by law only have to declare if an item does not include VAT, I don't think there is anything regarding postage, as long as the p&p charge appears somewhere before you pay?

In this day & age I am surprised they don't mention the p&p though - what about customers who are blind or partially sighted? Means they can't order via Q-Cut for example, as they would have to phone up to find out the p&p charge! (Or do they tell you that on Q-Cut, is so long since I used it as I usually order via the internet!)

I think companies by law only have to declare if an item does not include VAT, I don't think there is anything regarding postage, as long as the p&p charge appears somewhere before you pay?

In this day & age I am surprised they don't mention the p&p though - what about customers who are blind or partially sighted? Means they can't order via Q-Cut for example, as they would have to phone up to find out the p&p charge! (Or do they tell you that on Q-Cut, is so long since I used it as I usually order via the internet!)

Good point. No price is quoted on Q cut.

Wait until you hear this one.

On QVC US they have now started to include a paid label in the package, which you take to the post office. QVC then take the price out of the refund, but its more expensive to ship back to them it seems than the original postage to you!:11: Say it cost $4.50 to ship to you, the return to QVC is costing like $6.90!

Expecting it to come our way.

On QVC US they have now started to include a paid label in the package, which you take to the post office. QVC then take the price out of the refund, but its more expensive to ship back to them it seems than the original postage to you!:11: Say it cost $4.50 to ship to you, the return to QVC is costing like $6.90!

Another nice little earner. probably employs the same snail mail that got it to you in the first place as well. Yet another way of making it not worthwhile - depending on purchase - to send an item back under the 30 MBG.

Gosh, thats the complete opposite of what happens now. It is usually half the price to return things to QVC. I hope it doesn't happen over here.

Oh........please don't get me started on about the P&P QVC charge, it makes no sense whatsoever, as I have said many times before if I order direct from Liz Earle she charges me (No matter what amount I Order) a Flat Rate of £5.00. Any TSV (Liz Earle, Laura Geller, L'Occtane etc,) they charge me DOUBLE the P&P charge and then nearly half again.:11:

That's why I haven't ordered for a very long time, I order direct now from the supplier.

Latest posts

Back