p&p on more than one of same item

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Georgiebandit

Registered Shopper
Have just had a row with CS about their P&P statement which comes on the screen and which the presenters mention regularly. They state 'save on p&p when you order more than one of the same item'. I ordered 2 x YC TSV (one of each scent) and was charged twice for postage. Apparently it does not apply if you order different scent or colour. My argument is that it's still the same item code and should be reduced. CS won't back down though and have forwarded my complaint to the relevant department (whoever that may be). They also said they would get the studio to clearly mention the policy during the lunch time showing (this did not happen). Sorry to rant but I am slightly miffed. It's the principle rather than the cash.

A frequent annoyance of mine elsewhere too, only getting free or reduced p&p if the item is exactly the same, i.e. same fragrance/colour or whatever, evn though it may be identical in all other respects! :headbang:

I think it's disgraceful personally, particularly towards someone who has such a mega cute avatar! (I do so love yours!) :grin:

Hi, kitten with claws, it will deffo make me think twice about ordering multiples in the future. Glad you like Georgie my hamster. He is a bit gorgeous.

thats a bit unfair - i remember one of the presenters stating about the p&p goes down if you mutlibuy - why should candles be any different, no one would want to bulk buy the same scent, you want a variety - so how do they get around that one when it comes to buying plants? or Soap or anything smelly - i mean sometimes you do buy for more than one member of your family (birthday/christmas etc) sometimes you feel like telling them - you can get YC cheaper from the YC shop! You are the customer, the customer is always right - dont understand how they can be so pernickety? You dont get much thanks for your custom - its you the customer that keeps them going xx

I have always understood that the items ordered have to be EXACTLY the same. C&C have a better system but not sure if their returns policy is as generous,which I feel is what makes QVC so expensive on p&p.

I have always understood that the items ordered have to be EXACTLY the same. C&C have a better system but not sure if their returns policy is as generous,which I feel is what makes QVC so expensive on p&p.

to be honest I have always understood that this is their policy - you never know with IW/C&C if you will get your refund. IW only have mulit-line P&P on craft and clothes, singly their P&P is more expensive than QVC.

I have always understood that the items ordered have to be EXACTLY the same.

It is unfortunately but no less unfair, rip-off(ish) & infuriating for that! From the FAQ pages:

15. What is Multi Quantity?
Multi Quantity is a reduction on the P&P charge and occurs when you purchase more than one of the same item and have it despatched to the same address.

The items you buy must be identical in terms of colour, size and style.

I think this is ridiculous too! If you are ordering two of the same ITEM CODE you should only be charged the one P+P imvho! This is just QVC's scrimping and generally taking the p*** out of customers.

That's really annoying. You'd think they would try to entice more custom with reduced P and P. The week before last, I had a bit of a spree and bought 6 items at once (all inexpensive). 5 arrived at oncevia RM , and the packaging was quite something. The total P and P was almost £20, so they're making enough already.

Ooooh that makes me hopping mad! Talk about splitting hairs!! Anything to make a few pounds more out of us.

I agree i once brought 2 l'occitane tsv's in different fragrances thinking it would be half on the second postage but it was full price i was not pleased.

I got caught out in exactly the same way, - I was buying 2 L'occitane tsv's for xmas presents and then argued the cost of £13 p & p with the operator - silly me had'nt seen the £6.50 charges. I immediately cancelled the order.

I now always look at the p & p - on some electrical goods and gym equipment it can be as high as £50 ! Cheaper to spend the petrol and go local !

I was told it's acceptable to charge if it's the same thing but different colour/fragrance... what ever because, they may need to walk to another (possibly faraway) location in the warehouse to select your order :angry::angry: sounds to me like they need to organize the warehouse better IMO.

I was told that if you buy 2 or more of the same fragrance they could package it in the same box, whereas if you buy a different fragrance they have to package them separately. They must think I am completely daft !! A box is a box is a box !!

The stupid excuse used by QVC has always been, warehouse is so big items stored in different parts.:angry: Yeah right. They have been doing this for years and I doubt they will change now.

I was told that if you buy 2 or more of the same fragrance they could package it in the same box, whereas if you buy a different fragrance they have to package them separately. They must think I am completely daft !! A box is a box is a box !!

They don't though. I ordered Yankee Candles (5 piece set) a few months back, as they were REALLY cheap I ordered two identical sets - they came in two boxes!!

They are just using excuses to get more money from postage. I argued on the phone twice that on screen it says nothing about them having to be the same fragrance/colour etc and the presenter never mentions it either.

Latest posts

Back