p&p on more than one of same item

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Same item number should be enough for the reduced postage, it is a fiddle to make us think we are getting something while we are being diddled. I think it is a very shortsighted policy.

The p&p issue is annoying. Other channels can combine orders in one day and charge a blanket rate for combined postage. The cs at QVC are not my favourite people I have to say, so I am a tad biased but I have never had much satisfaction with them. Mostly, they stick to a prepared spiel from a crib sheet and just stonewalled me. You can get a better deal from the Yankee Candle shop and more choice on scent, size etc..

Tell them to light the biggest candle in each set, stick it up their backside and then refer the matter to the relevant department!

Inge :)

I would like to say I won't shop with QVC again but this would be fibbing coz I really want the Nails Inc TSV on Friday ! D'oh !!

This drives me mad, too. When I order Liz Earle, for example, I can never share the order with my Mum to save on P&P, as she orders a different moisturiser in the kit to the one I like! It's madness-if the item number is the same, that should be enough

They've lost most of my custom due to the inflated P&P charges, not that they're bothered!

They should pop that bottom line on the screen when airing so we are all clear on the p&p.

I agree, the wording should be much clearer. Watching this morning, the information they have "scrolling" under the telephone number/website address, wording currently used is "Save on P&P if you order more than one of an item".

I have always understood that the items ordered have to be EXACTLY the same. C&C have a better system but not sure if their returns policy is as generous,which I feel is what makes QVC so expensive on p&p.

I've always understood that to be the case as well. I agree with you about the returns policy being linked to the high cost of P&P. We, the customer do pay a price for that 30day MBG.

Yes it's annoying compared to other retailers but we know the score and qvc are simply not set up to combine shipping of items. When it's on exactly the same shipping line it is simply a case of putting more than one in which is simply done.

They are a tv shopping channel so it's not fair to compare them to online retailers perhaps. One day maybe they will decide to be competitive in that arena?

Sorry I would also dearly love to go buy my favourites online in bulk from qvc and benefit shipping wise. However, I buy from qvc because even with the shipping cost it is still often cost effective and I am therefore happy with my purchases.

I defend qvc because as a retailer myself I know it is hard to please everyone :) The retailer makes you an offer to sell - if you don't like it simply buy somewhere else but don't buy and then complain.

I love qvc too but the reason I 'complain' is that they do not make the p&p issue clear before you order. If I had known the score I would not have posted the thread.

I think it would benefit QVC to offer a capped shipping on multiple items ordered within a limited time frame. It might even stop people trying a product out from QVC then finding an alternative supplier for subsequent purchases?

It would also be better environmentally to send one parcel rather than five or six separate ones

I have no idea how the warehouses are set up, but business must have dipped somewhat in this recession and I'm sure that they could work it out if they were so inclined. Perhaps they need to have "pickers" like online supermarkets who move around the warehouses collecting multiple orders and getting them sent off altogether.

I pop things into my basket online usually and pay for the items in a group so why can't they dispatch them the same way?

Latest posts

Back