Orla Kiely coming to Q ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Vienna

Registered Shopper
It looks as if Q are introducing Orla Kiely items to their range. Bags, bedding and soft furnishings and crockery/kitcheware by the looks of it. Can`t say she`s a designer I like but it will be interesting to compare Q`s prices because her stuff is widely available.

Having set up home with 70's design, I couldn't offload it quick enough in favour of shabby chic (well, it wasn't exactly called that at the time, more like other peoples chuckouts that I upcycled by repainting) ! so her designs may be desired today, but not by me.

I married in the 70`s so her patterns and designs just don`t appeal to me either.

I married in the 70`s so her patterns and designs just don`t appeal to me either.

Same: 1970, and we even had a black and white photo. I had all this stuff then: the teak lights with white glass bulbous shades, "teak" Nathan furniture (the wrangling we had over whether we could afford that) and a 'teak' clock with spokes which, had I kept it, would probably be worth a fortune now.

Same: 1970, and we even had a black and white photo. I had all this stuff then: the teak lights with white glass bulbous shades, "teak" Nathan furniture (the wrangling we had over whether we could afford that) and a 'teak' clock with spokes which, had I kept it, would probably be worth a fortune now.

Oh yes there`s many an item I regret parting with because nowadays it would be worth a bob or two. We married in 73 and I remember saving hard for a teak nest of tables and an orange swivel chair.

Another 70's bride and agree - been there T shirt is in the wash.

I think her stuff is vastly overpriced especially the add on things like a note book a la Poundland quality.

I'll pass thanks all the same.

I'm way out of the loop here ................. I've never heard of her! :blush:

Just did a quick google. I like some of her 70s style clothing (although rather pricey!). I'm also not crazy about that pattern she uses either. I remember when I was growing up we had a set of crockery with a similar pattern, I always thought it looked very dull!

Oh yes there`s many an item I regret parting with because nowadays it would be worth a bob or two. We married in 73 and I remember saving hard for a teak nest of tables and an orange swivel chair.

Dear Lord ! you too ! I had the same nest of tables - the 'nest' has long since gone, stupid little tables, but I've still got the Mummy table which is now nicely painted with a lamp on it. Aaaaaagh the orange swivel chair, I begged new husband to buy it, and then had a massive argument cos the ****** thing took up too much room when it 'swivelled ! happy days.

I can only think their sales are down if Orla Kiely is heading to QVC - who is often seen as sales salvation by struggling department store brands.

It's funny isn't it how we all saved for things back then.We married in 77 and made do with a lot of stuff that was given to us and we had it for years. I am not keen on the Orla designs either although I did have a limited edition door mat a few years ago which looked quite snazzy ,that is until the dog had an accident on it and it had to be thrown out........

Was just born in the 70's so perhaps its a touch of nostalgia for me but I'm a bit of an Orla fan - crockery only though! Reminds me of an orange and brown coffee pot and cups my mum had back then.

I've never heard of her too, but doesn't she have a range of 70's style shoes on the Clarks website, platforms and all that...reminded me of my old school shoes :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back