Orek TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have an oreck and 2 sebos as I have one on each floor. The sebos are way more efficient. The oreck is just average at cleaning but light to carry

If I could only buy one then I wouldn`t spend my money on an oreck

sebo is brilliant for doing the stairs. I got the extra extension hose and a turbo brush so I don`t have to carry the sebo on the stairs. Oreck is no good for cleaning the stairs

Last edited:
read which? they do reviews on vacume cleaners and i feel are spot on. i have a miele cat and dog and a dyson all floors. these cleaners are really superb. if i go to someones house and they have poor quality vacume cleaners my nose tells me. when you clean with either of these the difference is absolute.
if i had to choose one over the other it would be the dyson as you dont need any bags also they do have 5 year warranty and i would definatey extend it as the customer service is fantastic.
the miele though does a sterling job and my family prefer using it as its lightweight. bags cost a bomb.

Anyone got an Oreck? Is it worth the money or just an average machine? Is this a good price - they say it's stripped down, wonder what that means? :33: I hear many people have problems with them, belts needing replacements etc. What's your experience?

i think wht they meant was they usually sell it with the small canister vac that does the stairs & nooks & crannies.......i love mine......its getting used to the vac round 1st with the small cannister one & then get the big chap out,,,,,,,,we leave ours upstairs for the most part & use the small cannister for the steps.....this has the usual tools.......then use the vac on the larger areas.......i have a dyson downstairs & though its great i find it heavy to push & suffer afterwards.....whereas the oreck one i dont.....i dont know if that will help anyone or not.......

forgot to add both parts are great at dog hairs & bird seed......

The Orecks do remind me of the very old fashioned Hoovers!
I had an old reconditioned hoover for years which lasted me well as my dad was always able to mend it when it threw a wobbly!

I then went onto the lightweight upright Dyson after a brief relationship with an Electrolux. It did seem to clean well, but it's had to have 2 of those attachments which connect the wand to the main body when you're using the tools. And the wand is forever falling off/coming unattached from the main body when you're trying to hoover above your head (cobwebs and the like) and this got to the point where it annoyed me so much I ditched the Dyson. I also had to have a new wand when the Dyson fell over and a badly positioned clip fractured the plastic near the top of the wand (loss of suction).

Now, after being a hard line upright cleaner fanatic, I've got a Morpy richards storm pets which I got cheap on ebay and I love it! The tools are always there, I don't seem to fall over it, I don't get backache with it and it's light enough for a child to carry about and do the hoovering with too - yes I like to employ underage slave labour i.e. my son who is brilliant at vacumming in those little places my achy bones can't manage - and stairs.
It gets up all the cat hairs and my long hairs and none of that having to get the roller out and cut the hairs off as with an upright cleaner!

Latest posts

Back