Opi tsv - 01/06/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It will still probably sell out as they will only have about 100 in stock so they can have OTO's. This seems to be the usual thing these days.

I find the mini OPI bottles very fiddly so I won't be buying. Not very good value for money either is it? Oh and notice the photograph has been taken in such a way so that bottles don't look mini!!! :rolleyes:

Yeh I thought they were full sizes in the picture and got all excited about a full size avoplex oil
even though I had got the email saying it was minis, the picture is deceiving

One warning about the MINI bottles....I have a rather large (!!) collection of OPI nail colours. I recently dug them all out together and made colour charts for them. Some bottles must be....a good...7-8 years old...maybe more. All in PERFECT condition and behave as new (which I love about OPI...they don't go thick after a year so you have to throw them!)

....but, and here comes the but: ALL the mini bottles (and I had about 25-30 colours from different kits and old TSVs) had gone totally hard/dried up and had to go in the bin. Every single one of them. All the standard size bottles, no matter if they are 8 years old or 8 weeks, are perfect.

Just thought I'd mention that...

I thought they looked full size in the photo but I suppose as they are all the same size you can't tell. Like the sparkly clours but I too think it is expensive and small bottles do seem to dry up or go thick quite quickly I find. Oh well saves me money and I suppose I can always look for the purple one at Sallys.

I am so glad you mentioned this Anso as I found all the nail envy hard in the mini sizes!! Lucikly I don't have any smaller bottles in colour!! Some of my OPI full size bottles are 12 years old and still the same.

Re. the drying out:

When they make nail varnish/paint/whatever, there is a solvent present as a carrying agent. When you open the pot/tin the solvent begins to evaporate from the surface, the rate of evaporation depending on the surface area.
Therefore if you have a smaller amount of varnish/paint with a similar surface area to a larger amount of paint, it will dry out quicker!
This is why, if you are painting a largish area with a small tin of paint you should always decant it to prevent it drying out!

Ta da! Impressed, eh?
(Actually OH just told me this...........!) :54:

diappointed with this tsv I don't like the mini bottles as everyone has said they dry out too quickly and I find the little brush fiddly to use! Money is safe unless of course there is a oto i can't resist...

One warning about the MINI bottles....I have a rather large (!!) collection of OPI nail colours. I recently dug them all out together and made colour charts for them. Some bottles must be....a good...7-8 years old...maybe more. All in PERFECT condition and behave as new (which I love about OPI...they don't go thick after a year so you have to throw them!)

....but, and here comes the but: ALL the mini bottles (and I had about 25-30 colours from different kits and old TSVs) had gone totally hard/dried up and had to go in the bin. Every single one of them. All the standard size bottles, no matter if they are 8 years old or 8 weeks, are perfect.

Just thought I'd mention that...

I have had a few mini's in the past and every time they have dried out. I agree i would not bother with this TSV.

OPI 7 Piece Designer Minis Collection with Bag
Item Number: 228102
QVC Price £27.50
Today's Special Value Price £22.89
Availability In stock
UK P&P £3.45

Sizzle this summer with ultra glamorous nails! The OPI designer collection contains four gorgeous mini colours (3.75ml) to keep your nails fashionably fabulous - Coronation (sparkly silver), Classic (golden beige), Reflection (ruby red) and Extravagance (glittery purple). Condition your nails with Original Nail Envy (3.75ml) - a hydrating formula to help stop peeling and cracking; Rapidry Top Coat (3.75ml) - slick over colour for a high-gloss finish; and Avoplex oil (3.75ml) - a mega moisturising oil that softens cuticles. Comes in a stylish travel bag.

Item Number: 228102
QVC Price £27.50
Availability In stock
UK P&P £3.45

Sizzle this summer with ultra glamorous nails! The OPI designer collection contains four gorgeous mini colours (3.75ml) to keep your nails fashionably fabulous - Coronation (sparkly silver), Classic (golden beige), Reflection (ruby red) and Extravagance (glittery purple). Condition your nails with Original Nail Envy (3.75ml) - a hydrating formula to help stop peeling and cracking; Rapidry Top Coat (3.75ml) - slick over colour for a high-gloss finish; and Avoplex oil (3.75ml) - a mega moisturising oil that softens cuticles. Comes in a stylish travel bag.

Tabatha already posted this on page one of this thread SCW

Colours look good. Off to see if I can find them in full size bottles I think. Like everyone else I hate those mini bottles they are just too fiddly

Sally

Big thank you to everyone who told me about the little bottles going dry, as I would have bought these, never having used little bottles and not realizing that they go dry. It is brill being able to get other peoples opinions to help you make up your mind.
Thank you everyone:35:

Just found the details for the TSV.

QVC Price £27.50
Item Number 228102
UK P&P £3.45

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.228102

opids2008.jpg

25 Coronation (sparkly silver)
31 Classic (golden beige),
30 Reflection (ruby red) and
26 Extravagance (glittery purple).

just found pic on:

http://www.ballbeauty.com/opi_designer_series.htm

Latest posts

Back