Oops, that told Jill Franks!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why is she on so much.................as much as I dislike her,she must be raking it in,so good luck to her in that sense...

Yeah Rainbowdottie, that's what perplexes me, she is on all the ****** time......I go to work, she is on, I come home, she is on.....I make a meal.....she is on.......I put out the bins.....she is on........I go to bed, I get up etc etc. I know this is a bit of an exaggeration, but that's what it seems like. This is why i waste brain cells pondering what presenters earn cos if they are paid by the hour Jill Franks must be getting quite rich.

I'm watching the Kipling hour and something isn't quite right. I know what it is...No fecking Jill Franks. Has she conked out after being on for what seems like 24 hours.

Oops, that told Jill Franks

She is the person who as usual wasn't listening to a T caller and said "oh great" in response to someone saying their daughter had died.

in the real world that would be a sacking offence. about time too! she is so self centred, she could not care less about giving information to the viewers.

Oops, that told Jill Franks

Jill actually said on a show not long back that she suffers from Skoliosis (sp?) - which might go a long way to explaining her size and shape, and also why she exercises so much and takes supplements too...
s

If that is what I think it is, and she really has it, it is very unpleasant, swelling of the feet and ankles, and I think, poor circulation. not something I would wish on her at all.

s

If that is what I think it is, and she really has it, it is very unpleasant, swelling of the feet and ankles, and I think, poor circulation. not something I would wish on her at all.

scoliosis has to do with the shape of the spine.

JF drives me mad as well and is another one I can't bear to watch, saves me spending but there are obviously quite a lot of people who aren't buying when she is presenting. I have really laughed out loud reading this thread but the "Oh great" in response to being told someone had died by a telephone caller is apalling. I ended up watching some of a Kipling show she presented because I wanted to see the TSV in detail and in this short time she was using the wrong words or a real word in the wrong way along with all her other rubbish presenting techniques. She would be funny in a way if she wasn't clearly being well paid to appear, or is she doing so many hours because she is paid a lot less than the other presenters?

Jill actually said on a show not long back that she suffers from Skoliosis (sp?) - which might go a long way to explaining her size and shape, and also why she exercises so much and takes supplements too...

Hi there, Scoliosis is 'curvature of the spine'. I suffer from it myself and it can be difficult to do certain things, like bending.

The thing about her is that, yes she comes out with some tripe at times but I think that while she does say some daft made up words or comes out with some really stupid statements - I just don't think she knows any better, she's not Einstein and she's never claimed to be either - unlike say for instance my bete noir on the channel Cloudier Sylvester. Cloudier makes out she's a top business woman and a high flyer who is much more intelligent than anyone else on the planet but in reality comes out with the same sort of things JF does but is a real snob to boot. I find Jill to be quite endearing, just for the fact that I really don't think she knows any better, but doesn't claim to...

The thing about her is that, yes she comes out with some tripe at times but I think that while she does say some daft made up words or comes out with some really stupid statements - I just don't think she knows any better, she's not Einstein and she's never claimed to be either - unlike say for instance my bete noir on the channel Cloudier Sylvester. Cloudier makes out she's a top business woman and a high flyer who is much more intelligent than anyone else on the planet but in reality comes out with the same sort of things JF does but is a real snob to boot. I find Jill to be quite endearing, just for the fact that I really don't think she knows any better, but doesn't claim to...

Good to have a nice message written about Jill Franks, for balance anyway. But I have to admit yesterday I had to switch off the shoes show after she said 'bran new' for about the eighth time. I got so wound up!

I turn off the most with JF and also Jilly Halliday... omg the number of times she says... 'absolutely superb' and 'definately worth going for' or of course :wink2: 'definately worth snapping up' oh and Craig with his 'worthwile saying'... I remember on qvc search for a presenter the wannabe presenters were always pulled up for repeating themselves, I wish these offenders would be pulled up about it, or better still pulled from the channel :grin:

You've got Jilly's phrases totally nailed Gracie T (I can just hear her saying them!). Jilly also has a habit of nipping the t-callers in the bud as well.

Yes Cavegirl... Cloudier... it's her fighting the giggles thing that gets to me: could be seen as endearing, but to me always just seems like she's taking the p*ss/laughing all the way to the bank - although, it must be said, in recent times when I've seen her she's been ok.

I'd be hopeless, I'm a giggler, and can't stop once I start. I can relapse for hours. I always admire those that can collect themselves and carry on as normal....

I've been meaning to post this for ages but keep forgetting (it's me age!!!)

Jill Franks was presenting a Liz Earle hour about 3 weeks ago when Liz was ill. Well I think she would have felt even more ill when she heard La Franks say that the Superskin oil was unsuitable for greasy skin (LE always says that it balances greasy skin beautifully) then she was banging on about the lovely smell of the Superskin moisturiser (when everyone knows that it has no smell at all-apart from apparently a fishy one according to some customers)
I think if Liz was there she would have been hacking away at that poor Aloe Vera plant in frustration!:taphead:

Latest posts

Back