Oops, that told Jill Franks!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can't bear the 'x' that she puts into 'espresso' when Kipling bags are on, I know its a common mistake, but it really iritates me and JF seems to exaggerate it so I hear 'exxxpresso'!

this 'expresso' thing annoys me to no end; it denotes an attitude of utter ignorance of other cultures and total lack of interest to find out.

this 'expresso' thing annoys me to no end; it denotes an attitude of utter ignorance of other cultures and total lack of interest to find out.

The "Bran new" annoyance just denotes utter ignorance or laziness then! - makes me cringe!

J xx

I can't listen to her or watch her, she looks as if she's just crawled out of a very sleezy bed, not washed her face or hair or even tried to make her face look alive instead of dead. I really don't know why they keep her on. She's not good at the job and certainly not pleasant to look at or listen to.

I can't listen to her or watch her, she looks as if she's just crawled out of a very sleezy bed, not washed her face or hair or even tried to make her face look alive instead of dead. I really don't know why they keep her on. She's not good at the job and certainly not pleasant to look at or listen to.

Ouch. That was a bit harsh. I think she is presentable. Also I don't we should attack her because she's thin, as it's not her fault and I haven't noticed the wheezing. I don't like it when she says sero instead of zero though.

Ouch. That was a bit harsh. I think she is presentable. Also I don't we should attack her because she's thin, as it's not her fault and I haven't noticed the wheezing. I don't like it when she says sero instead of zero though.

Harsh yes but I didn't mention how thin she is or if it is her fault or not.

Speaking of zero, Stacey (of YBF fame) once made a little joke to JF about her being a size zero. It was a harmless enough quip, but JF looked absolutely furious. I suspect that weight is definately one of JF's "buttons". IMHO she's not at all healthy.

I couldn't care less what she looks like, but she is a crap presenter who cannot string two words together, and the words she does spout are misused. I don't understand how someone who is so poor at presenting managed to get a job in broadcasting, even if it is just shopping telly where one is just a glorified salesperson.
Bran' new
Glooky
Amaaaaaaazing
Kitsch
Oh wow
And of course
For you
What's that, my lovely, you're dying? Oh, that's amaaaazing, thanks so much for sharing that with us, lovely to chat with you.

Ooooh I just remembered a classic JF moment, she took some obviously hot dish out of the oven, placed on rack or counter, took off oven gloves and went to tip the dish up for the camera shot with her bare hands. She understandably yowled the place down.

It's when she goes on about her "hubby" that I cringe, men generally don't talk of their "wifeys" ( unless they are the Marquis of Bath who I believe has a bunch of female companions he calls "wifelets"). So what with "hubby" and Scruncher the dog and the "my lovely" to the TCs, she does overdo it. She is on such a lots of shows that I am starting to suspect they pump her full of amphetamines to keep her going, it would certainly explain the speech errors and the slimness

Didn't see the show where she was pulled up by the guest but good for the guest. Trying to promote something and to hear your product being described in what could be described as a derogatory fashion would make anyone ticked off! In JF's defense, she was probably trying her best and doesn't seem to realise when she uses inappropriate words etc. I would have thought somebody at QVC Towers might have offered feedback on her choice of words and pronounciation by now, as she seems to jump out of the frying pan into the fire at warp speed on a regular basis.
The kitsch thing really got on my nerves a few weeks ago so I try to limit my JF viewing:cool2:

I actually don't mind her appearance - I agree her shape could just be the way she is - although if you're a naturally stick thin person I'm not sure you'd want to be running miles and miles like she quite proudly comments on.

Its the wheezing............can't stand the wheezing....

Jill actually said on a show not long back that she suffers from Skoliosis (sp?) - which might go a long way to explaining her size and shape, and also why she exercises so much and takes supplements too...

Speaking of zero, Stacey (of YBF fame) once made a little joke to JF about her being a size zero. It was a harmless enough quip, but JF looked absolutely furious. I suspect that weight is definately one of JF's "buttons". IMHO she's not at all healthy.

I have said before on here,I saw JF at a Beauty event,and despite wearing several layers of clothes she still dissapeared when she turned sideways. She also had that see-thru skin that some very thin people have. She irritates me no end-she has stock phrases she uses over and over again and just seems devoid of any personality-I agree with others,I am confused as to why they keep her.

On the Elle jewellery show, Jill used her favourite word at the moment, 'kitch,' to describe a watch. And the lady from Elle said 'I wouldn't call it kitch at all, I would call it retro.' I think Jill may think again before saying kitch so much!

I don't think that the guest lady designer from Elle was terribly impressed with Jill - I saw an Elle watch show where 'foot in mouth Franks' described one of the watches as simple and the guest immediately jumped in and said, quite tetchily', that it was far`from simple. I actually felt quite embarrassed.

I really don't think QVC are doing themselves any favours by having her on as much as they do. She is, in my opinion, lacking in charisma and the worst presenter they have.

I just don't watch any show she is presenting no matter what it is now, i get to annoyed to pay attention to the products.

But I did see her wearing a pair of Emu's with some thick tights and a floaty scrap of material (what on earth was that?) she made Olive Oyl look curvy, the boots looked like someone else could have worn them at the same time.

I just don't rate her presenter 'skills', not that I could do the job either, but I'm sure it could be done better

Latest posts

Back