On radio 4 now?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It would be fun to watch wouldn't it?

I actually feel a bit sorry for Peter Sherlock, there are so many other more suitable characters that they could have played a clip of.

Imagine if they'd used a clip of Peter Simon though: "Oooh, our Bet said to our Maude ... not only with the larger of the doubles ... it simulates an eternity of opulence... the worry angels have been with us since the beginning of time itself..." The Radio 4 audience would have been left in a state of utter bewilderment.

I love Bid's press release saying they are disappointed.... they're deluded as Peter Simon!

Whoever is in charge of presentation needs sacking. It's obvious there is a serious lack of leadership within Sit-up. Peter Simon has gone too far and thinks he's untouchable.

Where's Kat Baker anyway? I wish they'd done a phone in.... probably blaming us lot for their demise! :heartbroke:

I love Bid's press release saying they are disappointed.... they're deluded as Peter Simon!

Whoever is in charge of presentation needs sacking. It's obvious there is a serious lack of leadership within Sit-up. Peter Simon has gone too far and thinks he's untouchable.

Where's Kat Baker anyway? I wish they'd done a phone in.... probably blaming us lot for their demise! :heartbroke:

Well i'm disappointed i've gained a few pounds lately but I know exactly why :wink:

Maybe Kat Baker is busy consoling Moet & Muffins?

Well i'm disappointed i've gained a few pounds lately but I know exactly why :wink:

Maybe Kat Baker is busy consoling Moet & Muffins?

it could be a consoling threesome with KB, M&M and the pseudo journalist! oooer!

it could be a consoling threesome with KB, M&M and the pseudo journalist! oooer!

I'd forgotten about the journalist, she was charming.

I do feel for Moet & Muffins though. I wonder what they'll do on Mike's extensive fanpage if, heaven forbid, Sit Up are closed down? Maybe he could set up his own channel on YouTube?

Available here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01sjhdj
Go to 13 minutes for the bit about bid.

Short it might be, but very well presented and showing Sherlock up for what he is. I hope the scales fall from his fan's eyes now. The Buddy buddy I'm your friend act is very transparent. I have tried and tried but can't find anywhere he has trained as a perfumier, he's just sold the stuff.

Short it might be, but very well presented and showing Sherlock up for what he is. I hope the scales fall from his fan's eyes now. The Buddy buddy I'm your friend act is very transparent. I have tried and tried but can't find anywhere he has trained as a perfumier, he's just sold the stuff.

I don't know if he has said he is a trained perfumier but he has certainly said he has vast experience in the fragrance industry. I'm just surprised how much he has fitted into his life, especially if he worked for St Tropez for 10 years as he's only a few years older than me.

Maybe he left school when he was 8 :giggle:

I don't know if he has said he is a trained perfumier but he has certainly said he has vast experience in the fragrance industry. I'm just surprised how much he has fitted into his life, especially if he worked for St Tropez for 10 years as he's only a few years older than me.

Maybe he left school when he was 8 :giggle:

Quite. He talks with such an air of authority which 'implies' that he has vast experience. My youngest niece works behind the perfume counter in Boots every holiday from college and has picked up the speil but isn't an expert.

I've found a list of his jobs, and tbh I'm in my early 70's and I couldn't have done all these,even leaving out the 10yrs in one place. He must have had holiday jobs whilst in school, that's the only way I can square the circle. Also, somewhere I read that he has been a teacher...? How did he fit in the training? Maybe he is super, super intelligent and has such a high IQ that he can become proficient is something in a few weeks, a bit like Sheldon in The Big Bang, but would such an intellect do to his face what Peter has done?

Quite. He talks with such an air of authority which 'implies' that he has vast experience. My youngest niece works behind the perfume counter in Boots every holiday from college and has picked up the speil but isn't an expert.

I've found a list of his jobs, and tbh I'm in my early 70's and I couldn't have done all these,even leaving out the 10yrs in one place. He must have had holiday jobs whilst in school, that's the only way I can square the circle. Also, somewhere I read that he has been a teacher...? How did he fit in the training? Maybe he is super, super intelligent and has such a high IQ that he can become proficient is something in a few weeks, a bit like Sheldon in The Big Bang, but would such an intellect do to his face what Peter has done?

yes, it says on his CV that he was a French teacher........hmmmm, have you ever hear his French pronunciations? I don't think so! I think there's a LOT of poetic licence in all of their CV's tbh.
I think there's a lot of fiction in there and very little fact!

Good point about the teaching Julia, he said he taught French. I suppose we are lucky to have so many experts at Sit Up. Art Experts, Fragrance Experts, Jewellery Experts, Fashion Experts, Food Experts, Electrical Experts and Sound Experts.

However, it does make one wonder how on earth they made such a pigs arse of presenting products from their chosen areas of expertise in a compliant manner :wink:

Last edited:
Good point about the teaching Julia, he said he taught French. I suppose we are lucky to have so many experts at Sit Up. Art Experts, Fragrance Experts, Jewellery Experts, Fashion Experts, Food Experts, Electrical Experts and Sound Experts.

However, it does make one wonder how on earth they made such a pigs arse of presenting products from their chosen areas of expertise in a compliant manner :wink:

Not forgetting Peter Simon... the world authority on everything

yes, it says on his CV that he was a French teacher........hmmmm, have you ever hear his French pronunciations? I don't think so! I think there's a LOT of poetic licence in all of their CV's tbh.
I think there's a lot of fiction in there and very little fact!

It's funny you should say that. My daughter, son in law and their children live in France. My French isn't perfect but they and my husband are fluent. My husband heard Sherlock pronouncing, I think it was a perfume, and burst out laughing. Apparently the pronunciation was a bit like Wayne Rooney crossed with Del Boy. Having said all that, I bet it was better than my French. I've just spoken to my husband and asked it Sherlock could have read French at University. He replied that anything was possible these days

Not forgetting Peter Simon... the world authority on everything

Especially handbags Hillary, and subjects of a spiritual nature.

Mike Mason is pretty clued up too and the good news is he is always happy to share his knowledge and offer his advices without coming across as patronising or superior.

Or ludicrous :giggle:

Leave off my shocking French accent!!! That's the reason I only got a 2:2. I trained as a teacher and was so bad I concentrated on beauty. Julia will you please stop accusing me of saying I'm a perfumier - we've had this out before and yet you continue with your frankly nasty comments about me. I'm just passionate about perfume - and enough of an expert to write a perfume magazine for Harvey Nichols. Yes, I tried lots of jobs after uni and I've never been out of work so have had to do some unlikely temp jobs.

Leave off my shocking French accent!!! That's the reason I only got a 2:2. I trained as a teacher and was so bad I concentrated on beauty. Julia will you please stop accusing me of saying I'm a perfumier - we've had this out before and yet you continue with your frankly nasty comments about me. I'm just passionate about perfume - and enough of an expert to write a perfume magazine for Harvey Nichols. Yes, I tried lots of jobs after uni and I've never been out of work so have had to do some unlikely temp jobs.

No fragrance expert I know would urge us to compare the RRP's on the Laurelle website to bid's when they know full well the RRP's are, to be frank, laughable.

I'm sorry Peter but i'm honestly beginning to wonder if there is any hope left for Sit Up. Fair play for coming on here again though but deep down you know as well as we do that those prices are as inflated as Katie Price.

To me it feels like we are constantly having the piss taken out of us and it simply isn't going to be tolerated anymore.

Last edited:
I like the way I think on some Laurelle or JPD perfumes (can't remember which one) they have a price label saying £40 so they are effectively giving you a chance to con the person you are giving the perfume as a present to into thinking you paid £40 for it even though it's more likely you paid £2.99 plus p&p and call costs:giggle: The only way they could find out the truth is if they went to TJ Hughes website to see what they are really worth.

Fair one Pete. As always we appreciate you having your say.
We know SitUp are having tough times at the moment (and you probably can't discuss it) so I respect you coming on here and speaking up.
For goodness sake Pete, get those who aren't complying to shape up or ship out, they're damaging the business and you know who it is.
We want Bid and PD but we also want honesty and transparency.......THE TRUTH ALL THE WAY! :wave:

Latest posts

Back