On radio 4 now?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Please Peter Sherlock can you teach Peter Simon how to pronounce Laurelle- he tends to pronounce it L'oreal. Can't think why :confused:

Leave off my shocking French accent!!! That's the reason I only got a 2:2. I trained as a teacher and was so bad I concentrated on beauty. Julia will you please stop accusing me of saying I'm a perfumier - we've had this out before and yet you continue with your frankly nasty comments about me. I'm just passionate about perfume - and enough of an expert to write a perfume magazine for Harvey Nichols. Yes, I tried lots of jobs after uni and I've never been out of work so have had to do some unlikely temp jobs.

Peter- Can you also tell us how the JPD negotiations with Debenhams are getting on?

Also, a few months back I was watching Far Mani selling some Laurelle and was very impressed to hear him say that Laurelle were high end because they could afford premises on Regent's St.

Peter- Can you also tell us how the JPD negotiations with Debenhams are getting on?

Also, a few months back I was watching Far Mani selling some Laurelle and was very impressed to hear him say that Laurelle were high end because they could afford premises on Regent's St.

That's the kind of routine insult to our intelligence that saps what little credibility our resident 'experts' have dosen't it? You honestly couldn't make it up.

Well, they could.

Leave off my shocking French accent!!! That's the reason I only got a 2:2. I trained as a teacher and was so bad I concentrated on beauty. Julia will you please stop accusing me of saying I'm a perfumier - we've had this out before and yet you continue with your frankly nasty comments about me. I'm just passionate about perfume - and enough of an expert to write a perfume magazine for Harvey Nichols. Yes, I tried lots of jobs after uni and I've never been out of work so have had to do some unlikely temp jobs.

My word someone touched a nerve there.

Is it because they think we'll automatically be impressed just because someone has premises on Regent Street that makes it insulting?
Sorry for sounding dim but I just want to make sure I'm not missing the point here!

Yes Regent St is supposed to make us think wow.... The worst thing though is that Laurelle does not have premises on Regent St - they use an accommodation address.

http://www.laurelle.co.uk/

http://www.completeformations.co.uk/company-shop/regent-street.html

they pay £98 a year to use 207 Regent St as a mailing address:giggle:

But it sounds more exotic than Purdey's Industrial Estate in Essex dosen't it? (the image is of a general unit on that Industrial Estate)

laurelle.JPG

Last edited:
You can almost smell it can't you?

Peter always says they are based in Southend on Sea but that's not quite right, it's in a nearby town called Rochford.

Obviously Rochford is most famous for being the home to The House of Laurelle but another claim to fame is Rachel Riley off Countdown hails from there.

And as for smelling it Momma, I can smell 'Disco' and 'Sexy Shoooooooooooooooo' from here.

Peter always says they are based in Southend on Sea but that's not quite right, it's in a nearby town called Rochford.

Obviously Rochford is most famous for being the home to The House of Laurelle but another claim to fame is Rachel Riley off Countdown hails from there.

And as for smelling it Momma, I can smell 'Disco' and 'Sexy Shoooooooooooooooo' from here.

Is that what it is? I wondered if I'd trodden in something while I was out walking the dogs. I certainly can smell it from here!! :giggle:

Latest posts

Back