OMG Used item sent out as new.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would be very interested in reply from QVC chief exec, will probably deny used goods are re-sent and out will try and say it was just a one off, but all who post threads here know its not. Lola rose on the other hand will take a dim view of it.
Maybe everyone who recieves used branded goods, Kipling, Lola Rose, etc should send letters diectly to head of company involved, see if that brings in any changes.

Well. I have now had a phonecall from the Chief Exec's office telling me that it will be investigated and I will receive another call next week to tell me what has gone wrong. I will be interested to know what is said and how they propose to tackle this issue.

No reply from Lola Rose yet.

Cazimag.

Sorry to bump this back up to the top again, but didn't want to start another new thread.

I have a funny feeling this has just happened with my GHD's. Got my Rare styler and accessories yesterday and the styler itself wasn't wrapped in anything, just in the leopard bag, all fine and well, maybe that's how they send them out, but it was covered in fingerprints and has a horrible scratch on one side of the styler. Wouldn't surprise me if they have been a return as the plates don't meet at all, can see air between them when they are shut as far as they go. They are definitely going back.

Sorry to bump this back up to the top again, but didn't want to start another new thread.

I have a funny feeling this has just happened with my GHD's. Got my Rare styler and accessories yesterday and the styler itself wasn't wrapped in anything, just in the leopard bag, all fine and well, maybe that's how they send them out, but it was covered in fingerprints and has a horrible scratch on one side of the styler. Wouldn't surprise me if they have been a return as the plates don't meet at all, can see air between them when they are shut as far as they go. They are definitely going back.

That dosnt sound good at all , take some photos so you retain proof of the state they are in

I bought my GHDs about a year and a half ago (not from QVC) they came in a box with security tape all the way round. Seems to me yours have been used and returned, were you on waitlist for them? Reason I ask is many members who post on here have had items on waitlist and when they arrive have clearly been used. Waiting to see what reply Cazimag gets when chief exec from QVC gets back to her.

I bought my GHDs about a year and a half ago (not from QVC) they came in a box with security tape all the way round. Seems to me yours have been used and returned, were you on waitlist for them? Reason I ask is many members who post on here have had items on waitlist and when they arrive have clearly been used. Waiting to see what reply Cazimag gets when chief exec from QVC gets back to her.

I agree with brenny it certainly is not sent out by GHD like that. They triple wrapped mine, it was quite difficult to get to them! I would take photos and send them to the Chief Executive's office giving details of how you received them.

Thanks brenny I now have a result!

I have now had four phone calls from the Chief Exec's office about the Lola Rose bracelet. I was able to ask the questions that we have been talking about on the thread. I am not sure whether it has made any difference long term but I have had many apologies, frequent calls and they did manage to get the Lola Rose TSV for me. I was pleased as it isn't in stock on QVC or Lola Rose. They did not charge p&p and it was sent on a premium service. I was also promised it was not a return.

The man who works in the Chief Exec's office admitted they do send out returns but only when checked by their representatives. I pointed out this had not happened or I would not have received dirty, used items. He said repeatedly that this had 'slipped through the net'! I told him if this had been my first purchase with QVC there would not have been anymore. At the end after feeling I was getting somewhere I asked if they were going to tighten up their procedures to check returned items he said we do not need to review procedures because they are already in place!

So I am not sure about what this means. I think that in future I will order items I believe to be new to reduce risk of a return and will not use waitlist.

It has certainly helped reduce my QVC spending! I would recommend writing to the Chief exec (Steve Hofmann) so that these items are brought to the attention of those in charge at QVC.

Thanks to everyone who posted on this thread.:clapping:

I agree with brenny it certainly is not sent out by GHD like that. They triple wrapped mine, it was quite difficult to get to them! I would take photos and send them to the Chief Executive's office giving details of how you received them.

I have now had four phone calls from the Chief Exec's office about the Lola Rose bracelet. I was able to ask the questions that we have been talking about on the thread. I am not sure whether it has made any difference long term but I have had many apologies, frequent calls and they did manage to get the Lola Rose TSV for me. I was pleased as it isn't in stock on QVC or Lola Rose. They did not charge p&p and it was sent on a premium service. I was also promised it was not a return.

The man who works in the Chief Exec's office admitted they do send out returns but only when checked by their representatives. I pointed out this had not happened or I would not have received dirty, used items. He said repeatedly that this had 'slipped through the net'! I told him if this had been my first purchase with QVC there would not have been anymore. At the end after feeling I was getting somewhere I asked if they were going to tighten up their procedures to check returned items he said we do not need to review procedures because they are already in place!

So I am not sure about what this means. I think that in future I will order items I believe to be new to reduce risk of a return and will not use waitlist.

It has certainly helped reduce my QVC spending! I would recommend writing to the Chief exec (Steve Hofmann) so that these items are brought to the attention of those in charge at QVC.

Im realy pleased you got a result and that the CE gave you a sort of explination, its shameful that you where given used goods in the first place , But well done your persistance paid off.I wm never ever ordering anything off waitlist again:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Nope, wasn't on Waitlist, bought them during the GHD show last weekend.

Also, definitely no security tape round them, just the GHD box with a bit of plastic sheet wrapped round it, no real packaging inside the box either. I was fully expecting the styler to be wrapped in plastic or something to protect it, but no, just in the leopard bag. I am not even putting them near my hair - the thought of someone else using them, well, *shudder* They are on bliddy waitlist now too. Think it will be refund time. God only knows how much it will cost to mail them back too. C'est la vie I suppose.

So pleased you got your Lola Rose tsv and that you got a reply from CE, seems what we all have been saying about returned goods is known to QVC, this has made me even more uneasy about buying certain items from them. I will now only buy cosmetics etc on tsv, my main concern being that they seem to feel they do not need to tighten their returns procedures, this seems to me that QVC seems to take the view that thier customers either are not aware or do not care they are recieving used goods. Shame on you QVC!!

Thanks Cazimag for posting this thread, hope you get a reply from Lola Rose.

Think it will be refund time. God only knows how much it will cost to mail them back too. C'est la vie I suppose.

It shouldn't cost you anything Chrissi, as:
1. They appear to be a 'used' item &
2. If the plates don't meet, they are faulty!

Take photos of fingerprints, faulty plates & scratch & threaten them with Trading Standards if they don't agree to pay the cost of returning them (by sending out a pre-paid postage label!) and a refund of the full price (inc. original p&p!) when they get them back!
Tbh, they're usually pretty good here so I doubt you'll have any trouble!

Also, definitely no security tape round them, just the GHD box with a bit of plastic sheet wrapped round it, no real packaging inside the box either. I was fully expecting the styler to be wrapped in plastic or something to protect it, but no, just in the leopard bag. I am not even putting them near my hair - the thought of someone else using them, well, *shudder* They are on bliddy waitlist now too. Think it will be refund time. God only knows how much it will cost to mail them back too. C'est la vie I suppose.

This is really starting to make me wonder if it is worth ordering from QVC.

About a year ago I ordered a L'Occitane tsv which contained a foot cream. When it arrived foot cream box was a bit shabby and tube looked like someone had squeezed it. I rang CS they said it came direct from L'Occitane so not thier fault, if I sent it back (whole tsv) they would refund me, as they had sold out I asked it they could just send me foot cream, they said they could not do this so after a bit of haggling they reduced price to compensate foot cream, which promptly went in the bin!!!

Since then I have always inspected packaging, if it looks as though it has been opened/shabby it goes staight back. In light of Cazimag's reply from CE it seems they do not see a problem with used goods at QVC but I and many out there do!!!!

Wonder if your GHDs were ones used in thier studio or returns from tsv in another country? It does make you think.

I am very worried about the state of QVCs 'net'. The holes in this net seem to have reached an incredible size. Previous threads on here have shown that all sorts of used items have fallen through this 'net'.

Did you try registering them on the GHD website using the serial number? It would be interesting to see if that serial number has already been registered.

If you are sure they are returns then you should call QVC and ask for a prepaid label to return them and ask for a full refund including your p & P. Yes they will say returns aren't sent out again but we know things do slip through their apparently wide mesh and rather holey net!

I just missed the GHD Rare and was deliberating whether or not to order on Waitlist. After reading Chrissie's post, I decided not as I might have got her return! LOL.

Instead, I ordered this:

https://www.ghd-uk.co.uk/pretty_in_pink.php

It comes with free next working day delivery, free thermal protector and free thermal mat. I only ordered it yesterday so don't expect it until Tuesday.

Last week, on the same day, I ordered from QVC, Lakeland and Just Beauty Direct (thank you Jayne). Both Lakeland and JBD delivered in two working days. Both Lakeland and JBD enclosed a free gift - Smashbox from JBD!. Lakeland had free p&p and enclosed a £5 voucher.

QVC took over a week to deliver and charged £4.95. Fast delivery? Free gift? Voucher? Er . . no.

Julian has just said that if we email or text into the Easy Yo presentation, he will read your name out ON LIVE TV. Gosh!!!!! How exciting . . .:cheeky:

Form an orderly queue girls. :smirk:

I very rarely order from QVC these days, but if I do and something looks as though it's been used and returned I will be straight on to Liverpool Trading Standards. Unfortunately complaining direct to the company rarely results in a service being improved.

Did you try registering them on the GHD website using the serial number? It would be interesting to see if that serial number has already been registered.

That would be quite interesting actually, shall give that a try when I get home this evening.

I am going to take pictures of them tonight as well (only thing is with the styler being shiny is that everytime you touch it more fingerprints appear - mind there is no way I put them all on it just taking out of it's pouch!) and am going to call CS tonight and get a returns label, the plates don't meet, they are faulty, end of. Am going to stick to my guns too! Am also going to become and fully paid up member of the FARTS. :rock:

thats really worrying as i have a ring on waitlist would nt like it worn by someone else that really upsetting for you, as we look forward to our packages so much
pursue it definitely

My daughter returned her GHD's to QVC as they were sticky and blades were covered in hair product.

Latest posts

Back