OMG Used item sent out as new.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

From my own experience and stories on this forum I have no doubt that returns are sent out to unsuspecting customers. I have long wondered if returns are checked to see if they are the item stated and in an acceptable condition because forum members have been sent wrong, broken, dirty and used items. Some unscrupulous customers are keeping bits they like out of sets and getting full refunds I suspect or returning items if damaged in the trial period.

Personally, I would contact the Advertsing Standards Agency as well as they also cover shopping telly channels.

its very odd but if times are hard qvc should say that you have to send items back in resellable condition which is honest as most mail order companies do this...
qvc are offering a generous system of approval where yo can try something out but i dont think that people who try things out should be blamed. qvc should have a much better system of making sure no used goods are sent out to people paying the full wack and a tidy sum in p&p costs!

They sell returns in the outlet shops, there are things like worn Birkenstocks in there but they are sold as returns. Buying something from QVC itself rather than the outlet should mean you get a new item not a return.

I completely agree, Boris. If you pay full price for an item you should expect an item to be new.

Thanks for the replies.

Concordia, you made me laugh out load! Ewwww!

Iclauipuss, I am shocked you got a used microplane foot scrub!!!! OMG!

Clevercat, I completely agree. I wonder if this item was checked at all before it was sent out. Just the most basic of checks would have made sure this didn't happen.

I wonder at people returning things for full refunds when they haven't sent the full kit back. Ages ago I returned an Elemis kit but forgot to put one of the items in. CS told me to wait to see if I was asked to return it! I was surprised by this at the time and told them I would return it anyway!

Cazimag.

They always say they don't send out returned ear rings, but it makes you wonder. Hopefully they don't!

I have heard both Simon and Claudia say on seperate occasions that returned earrings go into an autoclave. So they must be sent out again. Claudia mentioned that autoclave business and then said afterwards 'Of course, we never send out earrings again straight away...' which means they obviously do send them out again:wonder2:. Icky.

The vendors have to bear the cost of returns to qvc, I was reliably told this be a couple of different guests I met at NYNY a couple of years ago. I'm sure this is the reason many smaller brands pull out after a short while and we're left with the big mark-up brands like Elemis and Gatineau (they surely factors in a % of loss for returns).

Knowing this confirms that QVC are at fault if used items are sent out as new, and it's a purely money grabbing activity. All retailers resell returns*, I've ironed gaments back stage when I worked at M&S years ago but plenty of man-hours go into thoroughly checking their condition. *few high street retailers will accept returns in less than saleable condition unless faulty

Personal items should be binned without exception if returned.

Jude x

If you are able to take photos quite happy to make it a front page feature. Disgusting, QVC have IMO lost the Quality Value and Convienence.

This is absolutely outrageous - the worst story I've heard. I often come on here to read but have joined tonight to write a reply. Just to let you know that LOLA ROSE website: http://www.lolarose.co.uk/lolarose.html has the set for £59 under the Lola's Essentials Collection title in the drop down box on the products page. I'm sure that if you explained the situation to them they would give it to you at the TSV price. I'd also go even further and ask to speak with Nicky Gerwirtz herself - I'm sure she'd be fuming about it as it's her reputation too. You may not get very far with it but as the designer herself who actually goes on QVC to present her pieces she'd have a heck of a lot of clout I'm sure! I hope that my suggestions are useful.
Gemma

I have been reading posts on this website for a while now and after seeing this post just had to register and tell you my story.

About 3 years ago I saw some shades of blue topaz earings which matched a ring and bracelet I had. After checking on the website it said sold out, but a few days later were back in stock, well after being spun the yarn by presenterts on how earings are never resold I decided to dip my toe in the water so to speak. BIG MISTAKE. Upon receipt all looked well:happy: Then I decided to look more closely with a jewellers loup I have. To my absolute horror they had clearly been worn as you could see skin cells around euro wire :puke: I rand CS who told me they never send out worn earings and they would send me label to post back. I waited a couple of days for lable to arrive and sent them back. Rang CS a week or so later to make sure they had recieved them back and what was going to happen once they had inspected them. Would you believe it they said they never received them and it was my fault for not sending by special delivery. What a cheek:angry:

Since this episode I have never and will never buy earings from QVC again.

This has to be the nightmare scenerio...and if QVC ever do check the packages it wil be what they will try to send out, I am sure...

I am absolutely sure now that they don't check returned packages. I recently returned something and accidentally put the wrong return note in with it. I didn't realise until I received a refund for an item I had kept. I rang them and explained it was my error and they refunded me for the item I did return (which was more expensive) and recharged me for the item I had kept. Just proves that no-one actually checked what I had returned, probably just scanned the return slip and put the item back into stock.

I just recieved a pair of the last TSV birkies with a definate footprint on the sole. I thought they were back in stock but very obviously returns!

Pure and simple consumer law. If the item is sold as new then it must not be used so report it to Trading Standards.

QVC cannot have it all ways. If they make a selling point of allowing you to actually try goods rather than having to send it back as new (like most retailers) then it is fully their responsibility to ensure it is not resold unless appropriate condition.

Thanks everyone for you responses, I feel it's not just me now!

By the way what is the teabag story?!
cazimag.

A while ago, a forum member came up with the idea of placing a teabag (not used) in items she returned. She would tuck one in the pocket of a handbag for example. We all thought it was a great idea and now always look for a hidden teabag when we receive an order! :wink2:

Thanks everyone for your replies. It is awful to hear that I am not the only one to experience this.

Thank you Graham for the offer I appreciate your interest.

Tinaborder, I had not thought of writing to Lola Rose but am now wondering as Nikki seems to be very hands on and I think would have been horrified by the parcel I received.

Thank you Slave to Fashion, Topaz and sutheli for your replies.
I am now feeling more cautious about buying items that are not sealed or could have been worn/ used before. I have looked at the jewellery items especially the earrings and wondered whether they were new.

Need to write some letters I think!

Cazimag.

Tinaborder, I had not thought of writing to Lola Rose but am now wondering as Nikki seems to be very hands on and I think would have been horrified by the parcel I received.

Cazimag.

Hi!
I think that's exactly why you should contact her - she'll have a huge amount of clot if she takes your info to them - far more than you have on your own. At the end of the day, if I was her I'd want to know what they are sending out in my name. Let us all know what you end up doing.

just to add to this qvc like any retailer will re-sell returned jewellery if still in new condition which is checked by returns people if fit for re-sell ie its still new. as some customers only look at product and return.
because qvc deals with 1000's of products it cant check every single one and has to trust staff members to do what they have been trained to do,in this case lazy staff member hasnt checked it and put it back in stock,or maybe used wrong code ie human error , just to let u know phone cs and u would get full refund and even get a label to return free of charge, hope this helps :)

hello and welcome qvcworker...is that your job description or just a forum name? We've had quite a few insiders come and go over the years here and it's always nice to have some insight into the inner workings of the organisation.

Be prepared for lots of Qs, we're an enquiring bunch and don't give away anything that can identify you at work; qvc take a dim view of employees, guests and presenters disclosing anything on this forum.

Enjoy your time here :wave2:

Jude xx

I ordered a Honora set for a friends birthday present, not only did it take ages to arrive it had all the tags cut off it and both the pearls and silk case were covered in makeup :devil::devil:

I think this is a disgrace. When you return items to High Street stores they scrutinize the item to make sure that its not been worn etc and QVC should be no different.They are happy to bang on about QVC being like a high end department store so they should act like one.

We are paying a high P+P charge to incorporate the amount of returns so some of this money should be going to ensure that ALL returns are looked at and assessed as to whether they are to be sold in the outlet stores or are clearly un-used and can be re-sold as new. If this doesn't happen people will rightly take their custom elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back