OMG Used item sent out as new.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cazimag

Registered Shopper
I have been on the waitlist for the Lola Rose TSV in Eyestone for ages. So was pleased to get an email saying it was on the way. Now I have received it I am really angry. :angry::
Just received this morning . The TSV was in a battered box with ripped tissue paper and several of the organza bags empty on top which was a surprise. I could hear rattling which is unusual as it is so well packed normally.

The items inside looked as if they had been thrown in the box. There should be three items there were only two, a bracelet and pendant and they had clearly been used before. They were not even the TSV items and were Amazonite instead of Eyestone! Worse still they were dirty with thick make up on them!!! :puke:

I have rung CS and all they could say is that they would send out a return label. Surely they must have a system to make sure returned items do not get sent out as new?

CS are usless when it comes to "used" items being sent out, always say it doesn't happen etc...... You should write to the Chief Executive.

I have been on the waitlist for the Lola Rose TSV in Eyestone for ages. So was pleased to get an email saying it was on the way. Now I have received it I am really angry. :angry::
Just received this morning . The TSV was in a battered box with ripped tissue paper and several of the organza bags empty on top which was a surprise. I could hear rattling which is unusual as it is so well packed normally.

The items inside looked as if they had been thrown in the box. There should be three items there were only two, a bracelet and pendant and they had clearly been used before. They were not even the TSV items and were Amazonite instead of Eyestone! Worse still they were dirty with thick make up on them!!! :puke:

I have rung CS and all they could say is that they would send out a return label. Surely they must have a system to make sure returned items do not get sent out as new?
This does seem to happen , as posters on here do post.

They claim not to send out returns but they do, as a number of ST members, including me, will testify. I got a Leighton Denny set which was a return as there was a thumb print in a lip balm and the nail file was missing. Items ordered on waitlist, as mine was, seem to be more likely to be returns so maybe that's worth thinking about before ordering on waitlist.

Thanks Sazza, Grovesy and Boris Bear! :happy:

I think I will cancel my waitlist orders as I now don't trust that it will be new. I am thinking that a letter to the Chief Exec could be on the cards. I would not expect this from any other mail order company.

It did make me feel quite sick to see the state in which things are returned to QVC. Who would put foundation on a bracelet?!!!

Cazimag.

omgoodness that is totally disgusting but I have read several threads on here about such things.

You should defo write to the chief exec.

Thanks Sazza, Grovesy and Boris Bear! :happy:

I think I will cancel my waitlist orders as I now don't trust that it will be new. I am thinking that a letter to the Chief Exec could be on the cards. I would not expect this from any other mail order company.

It did make me feel quite sick to see the state in which things are returned to QVC. Who would put foundation on a bracelet?!!!

Cazimag.

QVC do say that we can wear things e.g. shoes, try them, use parts of consumable items etc. then send them back hence some of the awful items in the outlet shop. However I wouldn't dream of sending back dirty items. There again would you prefer to buy a return that doesn't look like a return so you think it's new or something like this that you can reject?

I was going to ask if there was a tea bag in the packaging but I don't think anyone here would send something back in a horrible dirty state.

Can you take a photo so you can prove your point to them ? I know some people in the past have contacted the local trading standards about similar returns being sent out as new .

Can you take a photo so you can prove your point to them ? I know some people in the past have contacted the local trading standards about similar returns being sent out as new .

I would also be tempted to contact Trading Standards & see what they have to say about it, as that is totally & utterly unacceptable! Gross! (And quite possibly breaking some consumer law too!) :down:

this happened to me with a premier tanzanite ring i rang cs and i told them it was a sent back one and she wasnt too bothered, it was a premier tanzanite, expensive ring!

They always say they don't send out returned ear rings, but it makes you wonder. Hopefully they don't!

Just wait for those on waitlist for the Spanex!!!!:cheeky:

Rings of course they will send out to customers if returned. What do you expect they melt the ring down? Its cosmetics and clothes I would really be worried about.

I actually think it's utterly wrong of QVC to advertise that you can have something for 30 days, try it all that time and if you don't like it, send it back. It's plainly obvious some poor soul is going to end up with your cast offs if you do this.

QVC can't keep sending things out only to have them returned after 30 days and not sell them on - they'd be out of business in a very short space of time if they did do this. How CS can say that returned items are not sold on, and expect us to be brainless enough to believe this is beyond me.
164.gif

Thanks everyone for you responses, I feel it's not just me now!

I am going to think about what to do. Kitten, I had not thought of trading standards but I may make some phone calls on Monday.

Brenny, The photo idea is a good one but I don't want to touch it again at the moment! Perhaps OH can be persuaded to do it! He was shocked by this,too.

I actually asked whether returned items are sent out and CS became a little flustered and vague. She did say returned jewellery is never sent out and is melted down and put in a big safe!! Sounds like a fairy story to me after what I have heard on this forum.

By the way what is the teabag story?!

cazimag.

This happened to me with a craft item that was not on waitlist. The funny thing was, as soon as I opened it I could see there was a problem-one of the sheets was cut in half and it would have been obvious to anyone that it was used. Like other members, I got a replacement, but it really made me think about what else I am likey to get that has been used-make up etc? Gross!

I actually think it's utterly wrong of QVC to advertise that you can have something for 30 days, try it all that time and if you don't like it, send it back. It's plainly obvious some poor soul is going to end up with your cast offs if you do this.

QVC can't keep sending things out only to have them returned after 30 days and not sell them on - they'd be out of business in a very short space of time if they did do this. How CS can say that returned items are not sold on, and expect us to be brainless enough to believe this is beyond me.
164.gif
They sell returns in the outlet shops, there are things like worn Birkenstocks in there but they are sold as returns. Buying something from QVC itself rather than the outlet should mean you get a new item not a return.

I never go onto waitlist for an item now since I was sent out a microplane foot doodah complete with bits of someone else's feet...absolutely disgusting. Dirty bleeder of a customer, and cheeky gits at QVC saying it never happens.

Latest posts

Back