OMG - the worst thing I have ever seen on QVC- turn it on now! - 10 p.m. Sunday

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I did not see the woman you are all describing but it sounds as if she looks like a lot of young and hugely overweight women you can see waddling to the burger cafe any day of the week in lots of British towns and cities. Not a good look but I can see quite a big market for this type of clothing. I just wish people who wear these things would take a good look in the mirror before they go out. There are lots of options for larger ladies these days and the Lycra type should be a big no no. IMO.

I watched a bit of the morning show and couldn't believe my eyes, Jackie wore the blue capri pants with a kaftan thing on top, the guest was in black, one of the models had to wear a pencil skirt, she was so obviously embarrassed and only turned around once when the guest asked her. To my surprise some things did sell out...imho it was one of the worst fashion faux pas ever seen on qvc...

that is one of the funniest things i have ever seen. i saw the bit when the model Natasha(?) was on. the dress looked awful, but the luxxe presenter was just the best, it looked like Waynetta Slob and the shoes were just the finishing touch. But i guess thats what QVC think their customers are like?

I didn`t see the show but obviously the C in QVC doesn`t stand for class ...... more like comedy !

I did not see the woman you are all describing but it sounds as if she looks like a lot of young and hugely overweight women you can see waddling to the burger cafe any day of the week in lots of British towns and cities. Not a good look but I can see quite a big market for this type of clothing. I just wish people who wear these things would take a good look in the mirror before they go out. There are lots of options for larger ladies these days and the Lycra type should be a big no no. IMO.

I could not agree more ! I will go further and say its young, hugely overweight, hair tied back, and pushing a pram that you will see in ALL towns and cities. The words 'pride in appearance' are no longer used in their vocabulary sadly. I look at the photos of my Mum pushing me in the huge carriage pram with canopy, and she looks like a 40's film star. How different we are today.

Easy Brissles!
Ok I am not young(anymore). I could dowith losing a few pounds but grossly overweight I aint!

I am clean and my skin and make up is flawless when I leave the house.

I push a pram. Wearing jeans. So shoot me!

And my hair is tied back to stop my children swinging on it. Same reason I don't wear dangly earings.

Not all young mums are chavs and many spend more time looking after their children than what they look like.

I would not be seen dead looking like the guest on QVC. Unless I was playing the part of a chav on stage.

Brissles you are exactly right in what you say and I'm sorry to say their vocabulary matches their appearance. No pride and no self respect either.

Weathergirl if my post implied I was referring to all young mums then I apologise. My post was not directed at anyone in particular it is just a general observation.

Weathergirl if my post implied I was referring to all young mums then I apologise. My post was not directed at anyone in particular it is just a general observation.

That's ok.
I have seen many as Brissles describes. Many are on my case list at work.

Let me "hone" the stereotype if I may.

- cheap buggy not pram. sometimes with another child in the shopping bit underneath.
- In tesco express wearing either pyjamas (not Carole Hochman) or ill -fitting leggings and stained T shirt
-No make up
-Large backside and beer gut hanging over leggings
-fag hanging out of mouth
-bad B.O and greasy hair a-la- Waynetta slob.

better?

LOL there`s always been ways of dressing which have been scorned and always will be. When my Mum was a young woman it was deemed bad to be seen out without a hat and women who went to the corner shop in their aprons, slippers and hair curlers were looked upon as being common. When my older sis was a young woman ( she`s 65 ) women weren`t expected to wear trousers to work and those who did were often disciplined for it and in my era of mini skirts and hotpants if someone turned up to work with a too short skirt and too much eye makeup the office supervisor " had a word ". It will be the same for every generation but I`m all for the casual comfortable dressing whilst doing the school run or out shopping with a couple of toddlers. The difference is some people dress for their size, some don`t and some people wear too tight clothes and too revealing. I live directly opposite a primary school and every morning I see all the Mums and dads taking their kids to school. Its a pick and mix of styles, some good, some bad. I`ve even seen Mums in their pyjamas with just a coat over the top and when its a warm day I see boobs, bellies and bums shoved into shorts, vest tops and even bikini tops which should never be on show in public. On the other hand I see many Mums who are dressed casually but who look lovely. Live and let live and lets face it, oh to see ourselves as others see us and I know in my younger days I perhaps made the mistake of wearing something which did me no favours. We`ve all done it, some learn by it, some don`t and I still cringe at the pic of me as a young Mum with a Kevin Keegan perm and wearing a flowery tent dress lol

OMG I watched it for a couple of minutes tonight and was appalled by how they looked in the overpriced tat which the guest said she could imagine Audrey Hepburn wearing. Yes very Breakfast at Tiffanys !!
I also think the guest was South African . Another QVC range I won't be buying from .

LOL! Breakfast at Tiffanys? More like dogs dinner at Claires Accessories!

I flicked over about half way through the hour and sat in some confusion. At first I thought there must be a before and after transformation about to happen and slowly realised that no, that was it - already transformed into goodness knows what. Even then, I expected her to slip one of the caftan tops on and go 'ta da, everything is hidden'. It was riveting though, I'm ashamed to admit. That poor woman was suffering from a severe overdose of self confidence. And to think that it's her own range as well. How on earth do these things come about?

Thanks for putting this up Autumn I missed it! It's made me feel better looking at it though, I thought I had problems lol! How Q let her on looking like this I'll never know! :wink::wink:

That shot doesn't show the camel toe, I think Q have removed those videos

The lady grew up in South Africa and is I believe the granddaughter of the founder of Kurt Geiger, this is what she said on air anyway

One very very very small thing in her favour - at least she was not a size zero and telling us she NEEDS shapewear (T&S etc). but as an earlier poster said the sizes did not go up to any sort of a plus size so it was not surprising the poor woman looked so awful. And the prices, my God, a couple of outfits would pay for a grastic band.

To find the videos you need to click the zoom tag and then there is sometimes an option for video.
Hope this helps. Karen

Latest posts

Back