Omg red head Diana

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
Smooth forehead, hamster cheeks, glassy stare.... Oh dear.

And I bet she's HATING being sat next to that little cheeky redhead who looks about 15.

Last edited:
All the models look dreadful in the 'after' photos - Diana in particular. Not so much Balance & Brighten as Grubby & Grey :thinking:

you wouldn't be suggesting that Diana, of indeterminate age, who's face may well be her fortune, has been botoxed? Considering she been Laura Gellered She looks fine. She doing better than Amanda did in the 4pm show when Laura attacked her face with 'complexion' products and made her look grotty.

On the Laura Geller show I saw today she applied Balance & Brighten and the model instantly turned orange and, as the post above said, when she put her bronzer on Amanda it just looked ludicrous and dreadful, not least because her neck and shoulders didn't match her 'tango-ed' face. not a flattering look and no way to sell a product.

It's such a shame that LG always seems to use a shade too dark on the models. I absolutely love LG but had I not used it before seeing the demos i wouldn't go near it with a bargepole! The models always end up looking dirty and too brown.

I think the lighting is weird in the new studio, or it could be the cameras? Saw a before and after with Amanda, before she was very shiny , after not shiny but still a strange grubby look to the skin. As for the Air Whipped Bronzer thing, she did not look sun kissed but as if slapped in the face with mud.

I couldn't believe the before and after shots of the models, they would never tempt me into trying any of LG 's products. I suppose it could be the lighting as suggested...It will not have done LG any favours, especially with new viewers.

LG doesn't do natural. Maybe the trend in the States is for the false over made up look, but particularly as you get older, less is definitely more.

I want my make-up to enhance my features and disguise my imperfections, not make me look like a pantomime dame. B&B might be quick and easy but its way too cakey and matte for me.

did anyone see when Laura had just applied Spackle to a model and they moved on to Balance and brighten. They did the half face demo and the presenter, Pippa I think, said the producer had pointed out how greasy the models skin was in the none Band B side. So that would be the Spackle then! Laura Geller demos are just as appalling as the fossil A.K.A. Jerome Alexander on Ideal world. He should have been done for assault the way he attacked the models face, and they always looked like death after the experience.

I think the lighting is weird in the new studio, or it could be the cameras? Saw a before and after with Amanda, before she was very shiny , after not shiny but still a strange grubby look to the skin. As for the Air Whipped Bronzer thing, she did not look sun kissed but as if slapped in the face with mud.

I agree, I believe the lighting is wrecking everything - even Jill F appeared a dirty brown, and she's generally the palest of pale. The llighting appears to be coming from directly overhead as there was a reflection in Jill F's hair, which was never seen before, so that would cast a shadow below. Even Dale earlier with Yankee C appeared to melt (!) into the background.

Methinks there will be a mightly quick adjustment if sales rapidly decline !

I also think a lot of it is down to the lighting :cheeky: Bet LG is seething as I can't imagine anyone would be tempted to buy the products on the strength of the demos - quite the opposite in fact. They'd better sort it out before Dame Liz is next due to appear!

lighting conditions are not guaranteed in the real world therefore these products can't be relied on to get you through the day without being pointed at by children and sniggered at by teenagers.

I always think JF is a thoroughly awful shade of brown. Only ever remember her being pale once and thought it was a marginal improvement.

Have stopped watching the shows, reluctantly, as I really like LG, think she is a lovely lady, but the make up she is slapping on looks wierd, and the before shots of the models are so cruel, surely they cannot all be that shiny. I do use the B&B very lightly and that seems fine, it does stay on and looks reasonably natural, - made up, but not too much. would never use a bronzer. I think the Bobbi Brown mineral make up gives a better finish, but does not last as long. have that in a paler colour and will go back to that in winter. am waiting for the Judith Williams make up to see what that is like. anyone tried it?

This is news to me,I never knew Judith Williams was bringing out a range of cosmetics,I must have missed the thread.
Lynn

JW also sells jewellery on HSE and fashion too! Amazing what a background in opera-singing equips you for!

Jude xx

I am very disappointed with my latest balance and brighten, the last one was perfect - but this one is definitely too dark. I put it on (with my other make-up) before going to get passport photos taken with my son, and when I was fluffing up my hair turned to my son and said 'am I mad or am I a bit orange today?' and he said yes and yes to both questions!! Charming! I had to go through with the photos and just look as if I have been heavy-handed with the fake-tan...:wonder:

Anyway it seems a bit pot luck what shade you get, because it is all swirls of shades mixed up. So now I have a full, used once only B&B which I shall have to use as a bronzer, and now need to order another of the old tsvs in fair.

I thought Dale looked quite sinister on the Yankee TSV when he stared at the camera and raised his eyebrows, then made his eyes go all big, in that gloom of the studio - and I've never been spooked by him before!! lol

Latest posts

Back