OMG Daniel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think I must be missing something here, because I've not seen anyone attempt to undermine him on QVC whatsoever, rather the opposite actually.
It's not obvious, you have to know what to look for.;)

I really want to like him honest I do but sometimes he is so cringeworthy I have to awitch off. He seems better when he has a guest with him but I do think that if he is presenting a show where he has little interest in the item it does show - the looking at watch moment with Quacker being a case in point. Plus if he is unsure of an item and how it works that shows too. Come on Danny Boy - must try harder!!!

I agree, he does seem much better when he has a guest with him.

Looking at the on-line TV guide, I love the way they have him down as DANIEL Green, all the other presenter names are printed just with initial capital.

hE IS HOPELESS ISNT HE?
hE IS ON AT THE MOMENT TRYING (AND FAILING MISERABLY) TO PROMOTE THE TSV
HE IS STUMBLING OVER HIS WORDS AND SO INSINCERE,''THANKS FOR BEING A QVC CUSTOMER WE REALLY APPRECIATE IT''TO A T CALLER
KATHY IS GREAT ON THE KIPLING HOURS,CRIKEY EVEN JILLWAS BETTER THAN HIM
THIS MAN LOVES THE SOUND OF HIS OWN VOICE''THIS BAG IS SO ON TREND'' AARRGHH !!A GLEN CAMPBELL SOUNDALIKE
GET HIM OFF!!

Clearly we're not as astute (or as adept at mindreading) as other people around here! Or at least I think that's what we're led to believe:1:

I'm missing it too! He makes me smile when he looks at the camera and raises his eyebrows. I don't mind him at all.

I'm missing it too! He makes me smile when he looks at the camera and raises his eyebrows. I don't mind him at all.

I have to say I'm not a huge fan, although with certain guests he has seemed more natural and the cooking show was quite enjoyable. But I do think he struggled at first with Simon Wilson - not sure he quite 'got' Simon's dry sense of humour at first - he looked a bit embarrassed when Simon started 'insulting' Renee!

What I've not seen is any one of his fellow presenters being anything other than supportive and helpful - perhaps I am just naiive but I'd be pleased is one of our more obervant members could tell me what I've been missing!?

Hi - I've not seen enough of Daniel to make a definite opinion but he does remind me a little of Martin from IW with the mistakes. Sometimes though that can relieve the boredom from some of the standard presenting styles. Mind you I saw him presenting some cooks essential at the weekend and twice he said the pans were £19 odd when in fact they were two easy pays - even more extraordinary was that the gallery didn't put him straight. When they cut to a hot pick the first time I was expecting the correction but neither time was it corrected. Very sloppy.

You are so right, all the usually suspects have been gunning for Daniel.:54: And hoping he fails miserably. They obviously see him as a threat to their status at QVC.:10: I still think Daniel is OK, but he seriously needs to do better, if he wants to stay at QVC.

P.S. I wouldn't be surprised if they have started to close ranks.

It's not obvious, you have to know what to look for.;)

Oh intrigue at QVC towers, could be like a cluedo game:14: I'm no good at that either:18: could it be Julie Roberts on the Butler & Wilson set with a very blingy necklace or Ali Young in the salon with the strongest exfoliant known to mankind :34:

I really don't have a problem with him, OK he fluffs up sometimes but they all do hes no worse than any of them and I am sure that they all have egos--some of them a lot bigger than others!!

I think he's sailing very close to the wind to me he's blaging every hour, he doesn't appear to put in the reasearch and preparation other presenters do.
I heard at the weekend Julian say whilst presenting the lap top TSV that he'd set his alarm woke up at 8 and watched the TSV presentation to gain as much information as he could.
I can't believe Daniel has sat watching though anyone else presenting, as he wouldn't continue to carry on as he does.
He more than likely with five years working for a luxuary shopping channel as he puts it, in the States thinks he's nothing to learn he certainly gives that impression.
He did when Simon Wilson asked if he was nervous doing his first show to which he replied no and Simon told him that all the other presenters would be watching, to which he laughed.

Maybe it's just my warped view of human nature, butI think any new person at work can be seen a bit of a threat - just because they're new. I'm sure consciously or unconsciously other presenters have upped they're game a bit. That's why management bring them in........ Just a thought.....

I personally don't feel that any of the presenters should feel Daniel Green's presentations on screen are a threat.

You are so right, all the usually suspects have been gunning for Daniel.:54: And hoping he fails miserably. They obviously see him as a threat to their status at QVC.:10: I still think Daniel is OK, but he seriously needs to do better, if he wants to stay at QVC.

P.S. I wouldn't be surprised if they have started to close ranks.

The only comments I've heard was right at the start when he was on with Debbie and she openly commented to him about presenters usually had full lengthy training before being allowed on air and that he hadn't had that.
When he announced an item was limited and was a sure sell out, she challenged him asking if he'd a crystal ball to predict that.

Thought he looked a bit like a ventriloquist's dummy last night in his DJ. Think it was cos he looked shorter than Catherine.

Think he's ok really but not my fave.

This is EXACTLY what I thought but didn't want to say! Was he sitting on a lower chair that may have been previously adjusted for one of JR's guests in one of her earlier shows? [You know what I mean..]

I think he is quite sweet, when you compare him to some of the presenters who are very full of themselves he seems very natural. I thought it was great how he admitted that his wife had phoned him 30 odd times while he was at the Bafta's.

Latest posts

Back