Old jewellery brands that used to be on QVC...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think I remember that one Frazzled - was it all shades of blue sapphires?

I know the one you mean but no, it was just a simple off-set square of 1ct tiny stones on a chunky gold ring. The sapphires were the most vivid blue I've ever seen with fantastic clarity...sob!

I'd forgotten about Lee Sands, I've got a couple of pieces somewhere, they were very good value.

PS I didn't get Burlz's post either - not being a Laydeeeee!

Last edited:
My mum had one or two nice marcasite pieces janie but I was never very fussed about it either...

you used to get nice silver shows with gemstone rings at affordable prices at one time..my first ever purchase was a silver ring with a beautiful blue topaz stone..at one time I would book a day off work for Silver Day - how mad was I!

yes i remember those - pendants too. i've taken a day off work to watch kirks folly before now - *ducking the rotten tomatoes*

i remember property of a lady too but not the guest - was it the handsome italian guy?

I just really miss all the lovely jewellery TSV's they did - I bought a lovely long gold necklace with polished gems in different sizes, amethyst,blue topaz,citrine, tourmaline etc. It is lovely and so different - seen nothing "wow" or inovative for ages, not even in the web firsts - just really boring things.

I would be glued to the tv almost all day during the Silver Days!! With the exception of one ginormous heart shaped carnelian ring, I still wear and love all the jewellery I have bought from Q.

I'm afraid it's an addiction........

Digby Bijoux! Anyone remember her jewellery - I have a lovely Parrot brooch and a big heart pendant with different shades of pink crystals - good quality imo.

I wish we had more jewellery TSV's like we used to.Theres hardly ever an earring TSV....do you remember things like initial pendants,star signs etc? I didn't buy them...but they were affordable jewellery TSV's.Just the other day,I was searching the net,after seeing a few *celebrities* wearing a really dainty chain with a tiny initial kind of built into the chain....QVC don't seem to follow any jewellery trends anymore

there was an older lady called alexandra somebody i think who i used to like. she was always asking'how many of them have sold?' 'how many of those left?' etc and they used to fob her off cos it was the days before Q talked numbers. she sold fashion jewellery and was amazed Q didn't sell converters for pierced earrings to turn them into clips. said she'd bring some but i don't think she ever did. "Modern" was another good fashion jewellery range. i can picture several, just can't think of the names. all interesting, different and reasonably priced not samey and expensive like now.

I remember POAL (Property of a Lady) the guest made Simon Wilson seem butch, but was a sweety. He's Canadian I think and his name will come to me at about 3am this morning! I have a few POAL pieces and they're beautifully made. I also bought (for about 2 quid) his Baby shoe brooch...yet to wear it but it's the daftest brooch I've ever seen but intended to be serious..ish. It's a kilt pin (worn horizontally) with different coloured enamelled baby shoes dangling from it. I saw it on ebay a few years ago and had to have it. If I can find it I'll post a photo of it.

Jude xx
PS Alexandra Elliot...also Canadian

Last edited:
I really miss the old jewellery shows too.
I loved the Viva Las Vegas & have a few of their rings.
Do you remember Chateau D'Argent, whatever happened to him, used to be fun to watch. And there used to be a black lady, who's name I can't remember, who brought gorgeous big stones set in gold. I got one of her fab rings in clearance. The boxes had the name of the range but not having kept the box, I can't remember the name of the range either.
Judith Ripka seems to have gone too.

I bought a blue sapphire pave set ring from Viva Las Vegas - complete with a gambling chip in the box ! sadly one of the stones fell out 12 months after purchase, and qvc wouldn't have it back because I didn't have the original receipt ! Huh ! and they indicated their records didn't go back as far as 12 months - so a barely worn ring now sits unused in the drawer.

What about Cognac Diamonds, and whatever happened to chocolate gold ?????

I really miss the old jewellery shows too.
I loved the Viva Las Vegas & have a few of their rings.
Do you remember Chateau D'Argent, whatever happened to him, used to be fun to watch. And there used to be a black lady, who's name I can't remember, who brought gorgeous big stones set in gold. I got one of her fab rings in clearance. The boxes had the name of the range but not having kept the box, I can't remember the name of the range either.
Judith Ripka seems to have gone too.

Chateau d'Argent, created by David Sigal, is now under his own name, Sigal Style. He still presents it on the Q. I adore Black Hills and Viva Las Vegas. Wish they would bring both ranges back to the UK. California Style is another range no longer on the Q. I always thought it came across as a rather cheap line. although I cannot speak from personal experience, as I am not really into fashion jewellery.

Does anyone remember Egoli gold from Africa,the south African lady used to come in with fancy head gear.Talking about head gear whats happened to Stuarti and her dancing . :thinking:

Last edited:
Not a big jewellery wearer and never wear gold but strangely used to enjoy some of the gold shows. There was one 3 colours of gold range (Not Black Hills) that I used to love as I thought the pieces were so pretty and was almost, but not quite, tempted to buy a couple of times. Something like Ill Re??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I used to love the jewellery shows and really enjoyed watching them. I can remember taking leave when it was silver day and being glued to the telly, bit sad now when I think back or maybe there was far more choice and variety then. I used to like Kimberly Sellwood and bought a beautiful bracelet from her range in last clicks, it is so unusual and makes a lovely ringing sound as it is a selection of nature inspired charms. such as leaves and seed cases. I liked the Awaken silver range too, have a gorgeous feather pendent and matching earring from this range, they seem to have gone the way of so many ranges. Too much make up and skin care on these days

The 'Gem' shows on Q have seriously decreased and I suppose that is down to cost.I have some nice pieces which were expensive but not OTT cost wise.I'm particularly thinking of the Opal shows had a lovely 3 band ring which I lost ( stolen) & couldn't replace.You would have to pay several £100's to get something substantial now.

there's always Diamond dust--- isn't that what we are getting in Judith Williams face creams?

Can anyone remember the name of the blonde German woman with her own range of diamonique? I only have one of her pieces, discovered her too late....

Latest posts

Back