Ojon TSV - 19/09/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dennis has just said that the Tawaka range will cease as they can get no more of the raw ingredients from the rain forest.

Oh great. Another commercial organisation stripping the rain forest. Isn't it enough that logging, large scale cattle farming, etc., have decimated the South American forests without cosmetic giants rendering plants extinct and
ruining the economy and culture of indigenous peoples

I think the whole tawaka nut, tawira talk.... is a sales talk, to make us buy into the story. I am convinced that tawaka still could be produced in a sustainible and affordable way, but probably the cost of this process is quite high, hence EL scrapped this range completely, as they only want a higher profit margin and a increased production

I think the whole tawaka nut, tawira talk.... is a sales talk, to make us buy into the story. I am convinced that tawaka still could be produced in a sustainible and affordable way, but probably the cost of this process is quite high, hence EL scrapped this range completely, as they only want a higher profit margin and a increased production

Tia,

I love Ojon and have used almost nothing else for a couple of years. Wharever else I try I go back to Ojon.

I think though that you are absolutely right.

EL are seriously getting on my pip. First Prescriptives, now this.

I know it would be naive to suggest that they aren't in business to make money, but I can't help but be annoyed when brands I like are picked up and then ground down.:angry:

Tia,

I love Ojon and have used almost nothing else for a couple of years. Wharever else I try I go back to Ojon.

I think though that you are absolutely right.

Snuffles, Tawaka is all I use and I am gutted too....
Dennis didn't sound very sincere when he was explaining the reasons why tawaka is pulled. I have never heard a big company pulling a product for environmental reasons, it must have been not a moneymaker for EL.
I think EL buys up the competition and then let them bleed to death...

Snuffles, Tawaka is all I use and I am gutted too....
Dennis didn't sound very sincere when he was explaining the reasons why tawaka is pulled. I have never heard a big company pulling a product for environmental reasons, it must have been not a moneymaker for EL.

I'm absolutely gutted too. I find it hard to believe, if the people of beautiful hair have been using it for as many years as Dennis says, that suddenly it's all gone. Come on Dennis get back in that rainforest and get harvesting. Can we not start a "SAVE OUR TAWAKA" CAMPAIGN.:clapping::clapping:

I gave in and bought the TSV at 7.30pm last night and it is showing shipped today,
cant wait to try the pre-cleanse which will be £27 when launched on its own, not fussed about the rest of it so will probably try and sell the other items.

Dennis has made a huge amount of money from selling out and is no doubt simply seeing out his contractual obligations with them and QVC.

EL will just stick with the cash cows and perhaps Tawaka sales simply cannot be grown sufficiently to make it worth their while supporting it if indeed the tale of limited resources is truthful.

I love Denis and to be quite honest I could watch him sell anything - but I digress!!

I think that EL have said it costs too much money to make the Tawaka range for the amount it harvests, so instead of saying its being discontinued they have said its better to say that the ingredients in the rainforest have been depleated and all that guff as it sounds more romantic!!

I mean surely the plants would have been managed properly to ensure that they would grow again. If this was the case then Denis would have said that Tawaka would be back but not until next year or whatever once the plants could be harvested again.

i've just caught up with this thread and i am feeling nervous now. what you all said about the pre-wash product being a diluted form of the 'restorative', that's what i instantly thought and did not order the tsv.
this is the only hair range that has worked for me. i only hope they do not turn it into another high street product.

Dennis - you have sold your soul to the cosmetic giants - can't blame you but please do not go on about the poor forest people now - EL couldn't care a less.

Waste of money for me - I tried it for months and my hair stayed as fine as ever. I just wish it did 'what it said on the bottle' :angry:

Jan

I will have to stock up on the restorative treatment from john lewis. My hair has never been better in 40odd yrs.

If it's any help, a lot of people seem to switch between Ojon and Philip kingsley. Perhaps you could give his Elasticiser treatment a whirl?????

Woohoo.......got me TSV this morning,nice speedy delivery:up2:

First time user of ojon........I know it won't give me thick lucious locks,but it certainly gave my whisper fine hair some added bounce,smells nice too :)

Really rather pleased I went for this.

First time user of ojon........I know it won't give me thick lucious locks,but it certainly gave my whisper fine hair some added bounce,smells nice too :)

Blimey that was quick, i'm still waiting for items i ordered nearly a month ago! so i'm not expecting mine any time soon.
really hope you love it, it's totally transformed my hair. Please let us know what the new pre treatment is like. Enjoy:happy:

Fantastic service, glad you seem impressed. Wonder when mine will arrive as I'm still waiting for the Charlie Bear TSV to turn up yet another Bear I ordered later that day was delivered before the week-end. Rather hit and miss isn't it?

My TSV has just come - (and a kit with hydrating shampoo + conditioner, revitalising spray and restorative treatment) so am sitting here with wet hair having tried the new pre-treatment.
So far so good, not too keen on smell (like the normal restorative smell, this has a sharper note) but my hair did not shed so much when I washed it as it normally does.
Very pleased

Latest posts

Back