Ojon: Love the products, hate the man

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yes, it is estee lauder
being acquired by a "big gun" is not necessarily but news. it could be, if the small co wants just to sell out.
but more often than not, it is good news. a small company can do so much for a while but they cannot subsidise themselves for long. they can either bring investors in, who normally do not give a damn about the company, the quality of the products and services. they just want a quick return for the investment, no matter how...
the other option is to sell to bigger co in the same sector, who will be willing to provide the funds and resources to help the small co to do their job as they have always envisaged to.
so well done to D for opting for the latter :22:

Well I think he and Silvana had more than a touch of the Tom & Nicoles about them - so I suspect that I might have more luck than you ladies :32:

I certainly wouldn't say no, especially now he has all those Estee Lauder millions :53: Access to a free life-times supply of restorative treatment - what bliss!

i meant to say "bad news". i will never get used to this damn blackberry:49:

Well I think he and Silvana had more than a touch of the Tom & Nicoles about them - so I suspect that I might have more luck than you ladies :32:

i must be missing smth...why? are you also a body builder? lol:3::18:

...the other option is to sell to bigger co in the same sector, who will be willing to provide the funds and resources to help the small co to do their job as they have always envisaged to.

I expect you're right watersiren - you just wonder sometimes if the products will begin to go the way of the 'made especially for QVC' TSVs when they are acquired by others but as you say, the opposite is perhaps more likely to be true! :)

QVC UK is a fantastic way to enter the European market. once this has been achieved, i am all for healthy competition with other retailers. this is, at least in theory, a better deal for the consumer. QVC UK, being the biggest retailer, will always afford to buy and sell products at low, competitive prices.

This is interesting. Alison was pushing the TSV heavily and telling us to buy 10 of them. Does she have some insider knowledge that Ojon will go the way of Molton Brown? :O

Oh, and they divorced? I missed that bit of news.

Oh, and they divorced? I missed that bit of news.

so they say. there is a discussion about it on QVC US forum. they also cite divorce troubles as a reason for his fast aging over the last year. well, that's ok. he can always be my/our s***r d***y:7:

yes, it is estee lauder
being acquired by a "big gun" is not necessarily but news. it could be, if the small co wants just to sell out.
but more often than not, it is good news. a small company can do so much for a while but they cannot subsidise themselves for long. they can either bring investors in, who normally do not give a damn about the company, the quality of the products and services. they just want a quick return for the investment, no matter how...
the other option is to sell to bigger co in the same sector, who will be willing to provide the funds and resources to help the small co to do their job as they have always envisaged to.
so well done to D for opting for the latter :22:
Too right, Denis also ensures the tribe, share in the success of Ojon, they now have schools, medical facilities and other amenities.:1:

Last edited:
Ojon has started to be sold in John Lewis and I can see it moving into Debenhams etc too. When Estee Lauder bought Aveda they pulled it from QVC and pushed it into the department stores.

I believe Dennis still own a per centage of the company and is also the spokes person for the brand.

Paula Begoun (Cosmetics Cop) reckons there's not enough of the jungle stuff in it to have any effect whatsoever :34:

But from what I read here it's excellent, so what the heck?

The TSV is severely limited - the last I heard 37,000 had been sold :11: I've never seen that many go apart from L'Occitane at Christmas (but I'm not "in the know" about these things).

Do we know the One Time Only? I want bargain Restorative Spray and Rub Out.

clemenzina

I love Denis, can't stand the products though. Thought I hadn't seen Mrs Denis for a while. No loss there. I just like looking at Him. MMMMMmmmm.

I like him - he has definitely aged quite a bit in recent times. I was trying to figure out waht he said last night didn't realise it was stiffy lol

Some woman phoned up yesterday saying how lovely his wife is!!!! has she not noticed he lack of appearance and the fact that she is never refrred to in the ojon story anymore!!! I felt really awkward for him but he just kept on smiling. There is a demo of the tawaka cream in the pot with dennis and silvana and she is a bit wooden and doesn't look happy at all but she never did.

I think he does what he needs to do which is explain the products exceptionally and is very pleasant

Latest posts

Back