Oh Julia.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
What happened?

The green dress is too tight and a smidge too short. On the knee after 50 please!

The hair looks like you're trying to make your Aveda do last yet another day. it isn't working.

No excuse for this. You're on TV on Saturday night. Must do better.

I feel disappointed and let down.

:0)

flicked it on to see what you meant Burlz..oh boy, the high-powered brief (or whatever) came on, I thought I hope to God Ju's not modelling that! The dress...it would look at home on one of Santa's little helpers (female), but it doesn't do Julia any favours. Hair looks a mess, face same colour all over. I could shake her..she could look so good if she just changed her style of hair, make-up and clothing - in fact it sounds like a complete make-over...please Ju let me take you shopping and to a stylist!

is it in honour of st patrick's day? can't think of another reason she'd wear something that ghastly. bit ironic it looks like it's straining when she's doing the spanx hour. her hair looks kinda fuzzy round the hairline. :thinking:

Well, she says she couldn't make up her mind which Spanx to wear - apparently decided against not wearing any !!!!!

For those thinking to buy - remove false nails FIRST !!!! These products are NOT the easiest to ease up the body (especially after a shower), and after pinging nails and a case of extreme exhaustion, many's the time I've considered staying in !!!

The guest presenter for Spanx, missed the beginning and any name mentioned but she looks and sounds familiar. 'A place in the Sun' from C4 a few years back perhaps?

The guest presenter for Spanx, missed the beginning and any name mentioned but she looks and sounds familiar. 'A place in the Sun' from C4 a few years back perhaps?

Yep. Her name is Zilpah Hartley

She was wearing a size medium spanx. The guest said she herself was a good size 12 after having a baby and beside her Julia looked at least 2 sizes bigger even with her spanx. Goes to show how way out QVCs sizing is on the "fashion" brands!!n Not saying there is anything wrong with Julia as i personally think she looks well for her age but she needs to accept herself as she is!!

Just tuned back in to see what she was up to. Hong kong jewellery it would seem (new slant on made in china?). They just did a close shot on some earrings and it has to bed said her skin is gorgeous, and not a hint of saggy jowel or turkey neck (take heed Fiona Decleor). But she has that brown face and pale pink lipstick/eyeshadow thing going on that only looks good on teenagers.

She can look so much better than this.

Just tuned back in to see what she was up to. Hong kong jewellery it would seem (new slant on made in china?). They just did a close shot on some earrings and it has to bed said her skin is gorgeous, and not a hint of saggy jowel or turkey neck (take heed Fiona Decleor). But she has that brown face and pale pink lipstick/eyeshadow thing going on that only looks good on teenagers.

She can look so much better than this.

I agree about the skin/neck thing . However the main thing I notice is that she looks absolutely knackered. Don't know if that's down to the wrong make-up or the eye bags. She just looks as though she needs a few decent nights' sleep.

I think it must be nigh on impossible to look great day in and day out. Surely it's not just me that has days where it all comes together (great night's sleep, perfect outfit, make-up, hair etc) As you get older the 'great' days become further apart :sad: Julia does well imo and for the most part looks good and often fab, with the odd disaster thrown in. At least she doesn't play it safe and boring (no one mention the... toe-posts )

wearing a dress over the knee after 50 ? what is that all about. She has good legs, it was hardly a miniskirt? I think she most certainly get away with it and why should she not wear it?

I think if she wears hosiery and stylish shoes,it would improve her appearance. IMO she's become complacent. It's March, not mid-summer. A newbie dressed like that, would have been 'asked' to alter her appearance before broadcast, I'm sure. Poised, well-groomed and professional are presenter|model basics and looking slip-shod (pun!) lets her down.

Maybe 'cos she's had a rough year she is in a rut. Comfort takes over, I know, I am there. I've had a rough year too. As for her hair, having frizzy hair myself length helps weiigh it down and can be managed better. It is a constant headache and after each shampoo it is a case of "see what state it is today" with its unpredictability. The less fussing the better.

Latest posts

Back