Oh hahahaha, will QVC not admit that MB has gone?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

And how exactly does that prevent QVC behaving like normal people and keeping their customers informed, hmmmm? :rolleyes:

What it comes down to is what is said in the contract. QVC are under no obligations to tell the customer how long a product is going to be sold for. It would probably be detrimental to their warehouse stock if they annnounced a company was leaving as people would then just stop buying. Same goes for the scenario if QVC stopped sellling a product because it was problematic - best to deal with it out of the limelight as the saying goes "mud sticks". They are in the business of brand selling and they have a reputation to maintain so announcing MB is leaving QVC just opens up a can of worms (like this thread and more rumours which end up being quoted as fact) causing more damage to both reputations.

Last edited:
molton brown

Exactly! In the 1am hour Miss Young "said we will not be re-ordering this set" but implied they will continue to stock MB! Tut tut! Miss Young!!

Rec'd response from QVC when asked about MB Christmas TSV:

Thank you for contacting QVC UK.

We do not have any plans to sell new Molton Brown products at the moment
but hope that they will be offered again on QVC. In the meantime, please do
try some of our other ranges.

Once again I would like to extend my sincere apologies, for any
inconvenience this incident may have caused.

At least they e-mailed back. Even though they haven't really said anything to help.

That sounds a wee bit hopeful, they must still be negotiating with MB :51:

Hello and welcome to ST llloyd

That is the exact same response I got from them months ago.

..so announcing MB is leaving QVC just opens up a can of worms (like this thread and more rumours which end up being quoted as fact) causing more damage to both reputations

As said before on another thread, the quickest way to get rid of all those worms is to be frank on screen about what has happened.

Dear Customer

Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control, we will not longer be stocking new items from Molton Brown. When the current supply runs out it will be gone totally.

Molton Brown have decided that QVC and their customers are just too low brow for their products. Their brand image does not want to be sold to people wearing diamonique,Quacker Factory,Kim & Co and sleeping on Northern Nights.

:11::54:

To be honest though, I don't really see why they should make some sort of announcement. Yes, a comparatively small group of customers on a forum are discussing it, but I would imagine most viewers might have noticed by now that there haven't been any more shows and have drawn their own conclusions (especially as there is barely anything left on the website). If anyone really wants to know that it's gone, they can ring CS and get the same reply others have.

Big department stores discontinue ranges all the time, but I wouldn't expect to see a big sign up in the doorway. I'd just be more likely to ask an assistant, who would probably tell me that it's no longer being stocked. I don't think I'd then interrogate them to find out exactly why, who said what and the exact reasons behind it.

MB has acted a little strangely, but I don't think it's really QVCs responsibility to broadcast that fact.

John Lewis are selling quite a few MB kits for Christmas and with free p&p.

As said before on another thread, the quickest way to get rid of all those worms is to be frank on screen about what has happened.

If anyone really wants to know instead of asking qvc, who at the end of the day were only the stockist, not the supplier, why not go directly to MB head office and put the question to them?

Big department stores discontinue ranges all the time, but I wouldn't expect to see a big sign up in the doorway. I'd just be more likely to ask an assistant, who would probably tell me that it's no longer being stocked. I don't think I'd then interrogate them to find out exactly why, who said what and the exact reasons behind it.

I think this is a really good point. I am not a huge MB fan but have to say that I did get into the habit of buying the Christmas tsv and that is obviously very close to Christmas...I hardly watch QVC anymore, usually only tune in when there is something specific I want to watch whereas it used to be on in the background all the time before and so I guess if others are like me, comments about MB are voiced out of frustration and the fact that if it were not thanks to this great forum, it would only be at the last minute that any news on MB would be known.

Unfortunately, the comments from CS and on-air presentations all give the impression that MB is not disappearing which is fine unless you are relying on it for a big gift for someone . I am not having a go at QVC as i can understand they have been left out in the cold by MB and I do not think they are doing anything to maliciously mislead, but QVC are invited into our homes and we make personal connection with QVC as a brand.

A department store would love to have that kind of relationship and the closest thing they can get to it is newsletters and loyalty cards! QVC are really abusing the relationship they have and the trust that is created between the viewer and the brand...I think it just helps me further believe that QVC are mainly interested in new customers as new customers would not be aware of the past MB gift but if someone is really let down by the disappearance of MB (even if it is not QVC's fault) I would not be surprised if their selling would be decreased massively...if QVC took more care of loyal customers, they would find it repaid them dividends.

I can't believe they haven't told the viewers that there won't be a Molton Brown TSV. My friend used to work for QVC call centre and the Molton Brown Xmas TSV was the biggest day of the year and the day they made the most money, with well over 50,000 units being sold.

Many of these will be expecting the TSV to appear in December. At least if they had told the viewers properly (instead of dropping subtle hints) they might have bought the L'Occitane or Philosophy TSVs. :dunno:

Now they will probably just head off to the high street to buy something else!

Really stupid of QVC in my opinion :confused:

I seem to remember it was more like 100,000 units last year so I'm really suprised and shocked :53:

I thought they might have had a different bath/body TSV on the day. I'm sure a L'Occitane or Philosophy one would have sold really well.

I know they do not need to say that MB has gone but I do think there will be a lot of disappointed people when the TSV doesn't happen.

I only know from this forum about the MB situation, otherwise i would have been v v v v disappointed when the TSV didnt appear, so thanks ST members!

MB may regret their decision given that it was taken before people started to cut back on their spending on luxury items. If that's the market they are aiming for, they have a lot of competition and have now drastically reduced their market.

I do agree the point about people relying on the MB TSV for Christmas presents though who won't yet realise there isn't going to be a TSV this year. It was always terrific value. Having said that, I'm quite happy to buy L'Occitane in its place - I prefer it.

I agree Sarah, in the last year when I go past Molton Brown at Bluewater you hardly ever see anyone in there and if they are you don't see very many people buying from them and the staff look seriously bored but I would much rather receive L'occitane goodies to MB I went off them a while ago the TSV's got so boring and also noticed last time i went in their shop the mark ups have gone up quite a lot as well.

But I don't think QVC ever mention when they love other brands that have lost to my knowledge.

No, there are lots of beauty brands gone over the years and once gone never mentioned, e.g. Michael di Cessare and Nicky Chavez, so Molton Brown won't be treated any differently even if MB made the decision to dump QVC not vice versa.

I liked the MB tsv and I used to buy 2 to split for gifts so I will miss it but I did buy 2 l'occitane tsvs so that did soften the blow!! :53:

MB may regret their decision given that it was taken before people started to cut back on their spending on luxury items. If that's the market they are aiming for, they have a lot of competition and have now drastically reduced their market.

I do agree the point about people relying on the MB TSV for Christmas presents though who won't yet realise there isn't going to be a TSV this year. It was always terrific value. Having said that, I'm quite happy to buy L'Occitane in its place - I prefer it.

It's odd because Lulu Guinness is an expensive brand and has come to QVC but MB have done the opposite.

The L'Occitane TSV did look really nice but I resisted as I had spent quite a lot around that time. However had they done a TSV like that on MB TSV day I think that I and lots of others would have bought. I think QVC could have turned this situation into an opportunity by offering us an alternative and I find it surprising that they haven't done that.

Molton Brown

I have today called QVC, and they confirm that it is Molton Brown who have left them, basically because QVC were selling the sets, TSV's etc for too lower price and were de-valuing the brand, and causeing molton brown shops who sell products at full price to struggle. QVC did say though that they are in talks with Molton Brown and they do hope to start stocking it again in the future.

Latest posts

Back