Not doing so bad....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In 1912 the Titanic was the biggest ship ever built. This photo really outs things in perspective, compared with a modern cruise ship.

Attachments

• TITANIC and cruise ship 305129179_80.png
    TITANIC and cruise ship 305129179_80.png
    286.8 KB · Views: 64
Yes, Belfast built it, but an English man sunk it.

I remember a song we sang in primary school well, part of it.

They built the ship Titanic to sail the ocean blue, but God's almighty hand said the ship would never reach land. Can never remember the rest of it

The film was on yesterday, and I had it on in the background. When I went to Kelham Island Heritage Museum I saw the massive steam engine which is fired up each midday. Amazingly this largest steam engine in Europe played the part of the Titanic engine on film ! So when the ship is hit by the iceberg the film cuts to the engines being slowed - cut to Kelham Island River Don engine. So clever.

I've fallen down a rabbit hole on YouTube. It recommended me a video about cruising, so I watched another one. Having always pooh-poohed the idea of going on a cruise, now I want to go on one! It will be a lot more expensive as I'd be a solo traveller, but the line I most want to try is Viking. Cunard seems a bit too formal for me.
I'd always told myself I would hate it, but definitely changed my mind. The more research I do the more I want to go on one. I'm a solo traveller as well and have booked a Marella Cruise with TUI. Go for it!

The film was on yesterday, and I had it on in the background. When I went to Kelham Island Heritage Museum I saw the massive steam engine which is fired up each midday. Amazingly this largest steam engine in Europe played the part of the Titanic engine on film ! So when the ship is hit by the iceberg the film cuts to the engines being slowed - cut to Kelham Island River Don engine. So clever.

Oh were are you from???
Sheffield until 22 years ago now in Whiston nr Rotherham.
Not been to Kelham Island for a while.

I'd always told myself I would hate it, but definitely changed my mind. The more research I do the more I want to go on one. I'm a solo traveller as well and have booked a Marella Cruise with TUI. Go for it!
Researching!
I've discovered Marella is TUI UK cruise line, whereas TUI is the German cruise line.

Never fancied a cruise but we went on one - MSC. Not a huge fan of very rude Italian and Chinese passengers, or the dirty cabin on arrival but on the whole I enjoyed it and we still keep in touch with a couple of people we met. Mr CC now points out cruises on a regular basis 🚢

CC

Oh were are you from???
Sheffield until 22 years ago now in Whiston nr Rotherham.
Not been to Kelham Island for a while.

Conceived in Rotherham. Born in Kent. Live in South Beds, but still have rellies in S. Yorkshire. Niece lives in Whiston !! waddyaknow ! , brother lives in Firbeck !

Never fancied a cruise but we went on one - MSC. Not a huge fan of very rude Italian and Chinese passengers, or the dirty cabin on arrival but on the whole I enjoyed it and we still keep in touch with a couple of people we met. Mr CC now points out cruises on a regular basis 🚢

CC
MSC cruise reviews are often not great. The big attraction seems to be the price compared to other cruise lines.

Shameless pair, ugh. Stand by, it could be Harry and Meghan next! Release equity in your £11,000,000 home while waiting for pater to fall off the perch and bung you a fat bundle. Or how about a line of baby products called Archie and Lil? Endless possibilities to keep them afloat.
They have absolutely nothing to offer except insights into the royal family. That's the only thing that keeps them afloat. They'll start sinking soon, I think.

Spoken before about the many cash ventures that Langsford and her old man are involved in, well alongside QVC, and Equity Release, and foot vibrator, and tv presenting, oh and giving talks on a river cruise, I was perusing the ads for cruising in the next couple of years, and the old man pops up AGAIN ! My favoured cruise line - Cunard, have only got him aboard one of the ship cruising the Canaries, for an evening of entertainment/talk. Sorry, and I know he has a huge tax bill to pay, but this pair would hoik themselves up for anything for a free meal and holiday. I wont be booking THAT cruise.
What on earth does he have to offer?

Well having seen him on the box recently, he doesn't look well. I wonder if he's on steroids because his face was puffed up and his eyes were distinctly 'piggy' looking. Either that or he's not ageing well.

What on earth does he have to offer?
Zelebrity!

I don't really get the draw of some guest speakers. You do get a chance sometimes to listen to and mingle with people who have real achievements under their belts. I've had the pleasure of a talk and meet and greet with Dame Ellen MacArthur. Really interesting even if you've never fancied sailing solo around the world. I don't believe Eamonn compares.

They have absolutely nothing to offer except insights into the royal family. That's the only thing that keeps them afloat. They'll start sinking soon, I think.
The sooner the better. Megain and the village idiot. (Sorry if anyone likes them)

Latest posts

Back