Northern Nights TSV 10/09/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I need a new featherbed, although I noticed them online at JLP and M&S. Will have to compare prices and dimensions. And find someone able to carry the box upstairs! When I bought the last one I had it delivered to the office in Mayfair. I had to get a cab home!!!! That put paid to the special offer savings, but it was a lovely ride, 😃.

Northern Nights PUR Feather Ultimate Comfort Extra Deep Featherbed TSV 10/09/20

To go with

Pur Feather by Northern Nights Ultimate Comfort Feather Pillow Pair

Attachments

• NN TSV 1.jpg
    NN TSV 1.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 112
  • NN TSV 2.jpg
    NN TSV 2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 125
  • NN TSV 3.jpg
    NN TSV 3.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 131
sounds good but need a border stitched round the edge to keep the feather bed from going knife edge flat

PUR Feather by Northern Nights Extra Deep Featherbed
Item Number: 809579
P&P £4.95

Single QVC Price £72.00 Todays Special Value Price £57.00

Double QVC Price £90.00 Todays Special Value Price £69.00

King Size QVC Price £111.00 Todays Special Value Price £84.00

Super King Size QVC Price £120.00 Todays Special Value Price £93.00

This PUR Feather Extra Deep Featherbed from Northern Nights is made of down-like fill processed to have no quills for a softer feel and features a baffle box design that lets the feather fibres loft without shifting to provide an extra layer of comfort and support. A natural, breathable featherbed that forms to the shape of your body as you sleep, let this fantastic design from Northern Nights cradle you in luxurious comfort.

Soft and supportive - the top layer of this featherbed is filled with "downey fibres", which are created by removing the quill to leave soft down-like fibres. This filling sits in the upper layer of the featherbed closest to your body, and has no quill spikes to poke through, nor rub together making a rustling sound, and no odour that is usually emitted from keratin in quills. The bottom layer of the bed is filled with supportive micro-feathers for added comfort.

Less disturbance - down feather fills are prone to making a rustling sound when you move that can disturb your sleep, but without the quills to rub together this clever design solves the issue, so it’s whisper quiet when you change positions.

Transform your bed - used as a topper this featherbed will add loft and exceptional comfort to your sleep space, providing a soft, cushioned base to lie on - perfect if your current mattress isn't giving you enough support or comfort.

• Outer: 100% cotton, lining: 100% polyester; filling 100% feather
  • Spot clean only

Feather bed sizes (l x w x d):

• Single: 90cm x 190cm x 7.5cm (35.4" x 74.8" x 3")
  • Double: 135cm x 190cm x 7.5cm (53.1" x 74.8" x 3")
  • King: 150cm x 200cm x 7.5cm (59" x 78.7" x 3")
  • Super king: 180cm x 200cm x7.5cm (70.9" x 78.7" x 3")

The price above will initially display the lowest and highest priced options. The price for your choice will be shown once you select your preferred option.

All measurements are approximate

That is less than I paid for the old one. My only worry is whether it will have much body. It won't be like lying on a duvet will it?

I'm in for the pillows. I bought 2 ages ago and they are the comfiest, loveliest pillows ever (if you can have feathers). After all this time they never go flat, you just plump them up and they are good as new. I'd buy them at twice that price. Don't need a feather bed though, I bought a Magniflex topper when they first came out and I've never looked back. They are thin but they really make a difference to sleep on.

CC

I'm in for the pillows. I bought 2 ages ago and they are the comfiest, loveliest pillows ever (if you can have feathers). After all this time they never go flat, you just plump them up and they are good as new. I'd buy them at twice that price. Don't need a feather bed though, I bought a Magniflex topper when they first came out and I've never looked back. They are thin but they really make a difference to sleep on.

CC
One of the longest threads on here many years ago was the Thane Mattress topper. I think we still have ours in the loft. Now have a memory foam mattress.

I see they have a 10.5 tog duvet online now. What happened to Suzy's big boast that they never use tog ratings to describe their duvets as they are meaningless. Well actually Suzy that was why I never bought one of yours because I never knew how ****** hot I would be.

One of the longest threads on here many years ago was the Thane Mattress topper. I think we still have ours in the loft. Now have a memory foam mattress.
Gosh I remember that thread, I've evolved into a many pocket sprung and natural wool layer on top of them and a pure latex topper, with a wool ViSpring mattress protector... Think princess and the pea. It cost me a few Bob in all but I love it.

Not sure about this topper, it has a cotton shell but a polyester layer on top of the feathers, spoils it really.

Do you not not sweat alot in it? I had a microfleece jumper from BHS many year ago it made sweat so much I got sweat burns.
Mr CC was very sceptical when I got the Cozee Home fleece bedding but he loves it, as do I. We've a cold house in winter though so it's ideal and not sweat inducing at all. The dog loves it as well. He'd spend all day every day IN the bed, never mind on it.

CC

I ordered last night and it has sold out now apart from the Double. What really pissed me off in the presentation though was the way the BA kept on and on about how these feathers had been dequilled. That meant you didn't get the painful contact when the quills poked through, didn't hear the quills crashing about as you moved, and didn't have to suffer the distasteful odour as the keratin in the quills deteriorated. Now EXCUSE ME, but I don't remember any warning with any previous, quilled, featherbed that what you were buying could cause you pain, could keep you awake with the noise it makes, and stinks of keratin. 😡😡

Quills crashing about??? Odour, what odour? What utter tosh! Question though, when feathers poke through the duvets/pillows etc how come they always come out feather end first and not quill first? How is that possible o_O

CC

How true! 2 of my cushions have gone into serious shedding mode and they all come out feather first. So apart from anything else, that disproves her point. The cushions are now relegated to leg rests! Can't wait to get to JLP to have a good old rummage for some new ones.

(Must admit she didn't say quills crashing about, that was dramatic licence. She just alluded to the noise they can make when you move, but suggested that could wake you up.)

I seem to be the opposite of everyone, just love roasting in bed, have just bought the M&S super soft Teddy fleece mattress protector it’s so warm and comfy and topped with the Cozee bedding it’s like getting into a nest.😄
I'm snuggled in Cozee Home fleece bedding tonight. First night on for the winter. Snuggly warm is the way to go. I was in bed before 20:30 when it is normally near 23:00.

Mmmmm. Hot water bottle. Fleece bedding. Mmmmmmm......

Latest posts

Back