No Molton Brown

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

xstamper

Registered Shopper
I have been looking at the TV guide for the next few weeks and am disapointed to see there seems to be no Molton Brown this year. I wondered if anyone has any information on this? There Christmas TSV has been such a reqular thing over a number of years and I have always looked forward to it.

I was wondering if they are giving up totally selling Molton Brown as I noted the last couple of beauty days they have not featured at all, which I did think was strange

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news on this one but i'm afraid Molton Brown have decided that they no longer want to sell on QVC.

It is sad that QVC have not been more honest about this when so many people look forward to the Christmas TSV.

This thread will give you some background on this :)

PS Welcome!

Thanks for posting that thread, it all becomes clear now and I did think something like that had probably happened. It's a shame because the Christmas TSV was so good, I always got a couple and was useful for presents.

MB have made a mistake, I would not have even tried the brand without QVC. Last year I was at Bluewater and the lady who did the presenting for MB was in the same restaurant having lunch - she always reminded me of Julie Walters.

I will probably try another brand now - the Philosophy shower gels look good and I was thinking of a change anyway.

Very sad as it had become a bit of a Christmas tradition

ego is a funny thing in buisiness. molton brown was a tiny niche company that over the years has become a luxury brand house hold name. over the years it had aquired a big brother called qvc that was starting to take over a little too much and the branding started to lose its grip. rather than molton brown being known as molton brown it becomes a new entity 'molton brown' but with its new sibling 'qvc' that also became its rival.sibling rivalry can be a damaging thing.
i have been shocked that molton brown would leave qvc but after much thought and talking to staff in my nearby shop i think that molton brown are really brave. i hope that they survive and not go back to the old days of being that small niche company that was obscure and to some non exsistant.

I did think last year things were going strange, after seeing new products the stores which never appeared in the TSV's only the same tired old gingerlilly (which I have grown to hate).

I love the handwashes and a couple of other products and have regularly bought them from their store. Now they are under new management I will try alternatives.

Looks like they're replacing molton brown with Arran Aromatics....... I remember working for the company who did the web site for AA and the sample products we got were good but nowhere near the standard of MB.

From an international point of view I suspect QVC are going to be a little concerned at the moment.
The pound today dropped to around $1.48
Given that most of their brands come from the US / come via QVC US, I suspect that a UK brand will be even more missed now.

From an international point of view I suspect QVC are going to be a little concerned at the moment.
Given that most of their brands come from the US / come via QVC US, I suspect that a UK brand will be even more missed now.

That's a very good point.

But MB are now owned by a Japanese parent company, so the prices could now go by the yen and not sterling.

to cheer everyone up molton brown are selling amber cocoon handwash now.love this handwash. i remember though when this was exclusive to qvc only.qvc insited that molton brown only sell amber cocoon through them. maybe enough is enough .

AA are very good. look in tk max and you might get some there.I used to buy some stuff at the local airport and usually when I went accross to Arran for a day trip.

Arran Aromatics seems to be fairly widely available in gift shops - I've certainly seen them a few times. I got some of their goodies for my birthday last year from OH's parents (who live in Ayr and can see Arran on a clear day from their house) and I quite liked them.

I've purchased some of the AA candles from John Lewis in the past - nice, but nothing special. For a similar price you can get Kenneth Turner which I think are much nicer. :20:

I have been looking at the TV guide for the next few weeks and am disapointed to see there seems to be no Molton Brown this year. I wondered if anyone has any information on this? There Christmas TSV has been such a reqular thing over a number of years and I have always looked forward to it.

I was wondering if they are giving up totally selling Molton Brown as I noted the last couple of beauty days they have not featured at all, which I did think was strange

Molton Brown are no longer at QVC they said they are not high end enough!

Molton Brown are no longer at QVC they said they are not high end enough!

I think MB have let down and alienated a large group of their customer base, as I previous stated I wouldn't have tried the brand without QVC and only ever bought the Christmas TSV - the rest of the year I purchased from their website or stores. If QVC aren't high end enough perhaps we as customers aren't suitable either.

As posted by Fraggle QVC should have been more honest about the situation, even posted a short statement on the website as many people would be looking forward to the usual Christmas TSV.

Latest posts

Back