Niod tsv 03/02/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I did check out prices elsewhere for the NEC 100ml and £78 with free P&P so you would have saved £3 buying from Q (not forgetting the priceless MBG guarantee, OF COURSE)

Have noticed Q have developed an irritating habit of taking sold out products straight off the website, so you can't refer back to anything. It also often used to be the case that, if you persistently checked back on something you'd missed out on, one might become available, and this is no longer possible. Was very tempted by this, thought it was a great TSV at a great price, but I've got quite a bit of skincare to use up so I resisted. When I tried the MMHC, I missed the pampering aspect of my usual creams and oils, and didn't notice it doing much. I'm in my thirties, so anti-ageing benefits aren't my top priority with skincare at the moment, but I'm sure this won't be the case for many more years! Will definitely give NIOD a go when I start to notice those changes taking place.

Did anyone hear them say how many they sold? Would be interested to know.

I transferred it in a pump bottle and I used two pumps. I probably do use too much. I think the directions were to massage it in for around 20 seconds, so I probably take a bit too much like for the massage. I shall try to use less now and see how this goes.

My skin's been like an oil slick for the last year, and I couldn't understand why. Mentioned that I hadn't got on with Decleor, for this reason, and maymorganlondon suggested that I might be using too much. I thought it was possible that I might be overdoing it with the oil, but believed I was using a sensible amount of moisturiser. Got chatting to one of the staff in SpaceNK about quantities the other day, and it turns out I have been completely overdoing it. I'd researched quantities and knew that poor absorption of eye cream could increase puffiness, so feel such an idiot for not making the connection. The strange thing was that the product was all going in when I applied it, but I'd wake up really shiny in the mornings and the shine would grin through my make-up throughout the day. I've now wound right back on the amounts and my skin is SO much better! Only problem is I have other products I'm eager to get to, but - at this rate - I'll be in for a long wait!

Re. bogus sites, the beauty industry in particular seems to be rife with this. I am coveting a ridiculously expensive Chantecaille eye serum and it's half price on eBay, but I'm a great believer in the adage that, if something seems too good to be true, it probably is!

Thank you for the suggestions Minx in Space, like yourself, I have a big stash to go through so being a bit generous with the application, will need to work on this.

Re eBay, I would check sellers 'reputation' and if the feedback was 100% positive based on around 20 reviews then I would trust this seller. I would also read buyers reviews what they are saying. Also, if the product is a counterfeit you can open a case against the seller and eBay should refund the money. A friend of mine bought some Perricone that was a counterfeit and got her money back from eBay.
The seller would get bad marks for this.

I can still see the TSV page although product not available, what surprised me yesterday that the TSV had and still has 5 star rating but no actual reviews and no number like they do in brackets next to the stars, for the number of the reviews.
http://www.qvcuk.com/NIOD-4-Piece-D...621&orderId=99152523&itemId=13525622&sc=SCART

I also would be interested to know how many they sold yesterday if anyone knows this.

Thank you for the suggestions Minx in Space, like yourself, I have a big stash to go through so being a bit generous with the application, will need to work on this.

Re eBay, I would check sellers 'reputation' and if the feedback was 100% positive based on around 20 reviews then I would trust this seller. I would also read buyers reviews what they are saying. Also, if the product is a counterfeit you can open a case against the seller and eBay should refund the money. A friend of mine bought some Perricone that was a counterfeit and got her money back from eBay.

I can still see the TSV page although product not available, what surprised me yesterday that the TSV had and still has 5 star rating but no actual reviews and no number like they do in brackets next to the stars, for the number of the reviews.
http://www.qvcuk.com/NIOD-4-Piece-D...621&orderId=99152523&itemId=13525622&sc=SCART

I also would be interested to know how many they sold yesterday if anyone knows this.
I bought some counterfeit Benefit poreless last year from EBay. Unbelievably the seller had had some good reviews for the product but as I knew what the product should be like I could tell it was fake. From memory I think the outer packaging was perfect and only the top of the plastic tube was wrong. There bad reviews for makeup brushes so I suppose it was a case of buyer beware. I got my money back from EBay as the seller refused and the seller closed their shop quite soon after that.
BTW interested to know what people think of the Niod TSV. I didn't buy as I am having loads of skin problems just now. I am in Lanzarote and even though the weather is not as hot as usual I am getting spots. Also I have a flu like virus that s hanging around

eBay is full ok fakes. Some makes Nars & Benefit are almost guaranteed to be fakes.

If that is the real thing, then I query not how they can sell it so cheap but how are q & the others donexpensive.
I doubt it's fake - I don't think it's that popular to have a counterfeit industry. They seem to have the exact same kit as the TSV, which is what I found most odd.
I found it by accident googling for reviews on niod.

eBay is full ok fakes. Some makes Nars & Benefit are almost guaranteed to be fakes.

If that is the real thing, then I query not how they can sell it so cheap but how are q & the others donexpensive.
I doubt it's fake - I don't think it's that popular to have a counterfeit industry. They seem to have the exact same kit as the TSV, which is what I found most odd.

someone on here was looking at a ninja tsv previously & found the same tsv about £10 - £15 cheaper on a site just like that one was & got scammed but did get a refund in the end

I bought some counterfeit Benefit poreless last year from EBay. Unbelievably the seller had had some good reviews for the product but as I knew what the product should be like I could tell it was fake. From memory I think the outer packaging was perfect and only the top of the plastic tube was wrong. There bad reviews for makeup brushes so I suppose it was a case of buyer beware. I got my money back from EBay as the seller refused and the seller closed their shop quite soon after that.
BTW interested to know what people think of the Niod TSV. I didn't buy as I am having loads of skin problems just now. I am in Lanzarote and even though the weather is not as hot as usual I am getting spots. Also I have a flu like virus that s hanging around

eBay is indeed full of counterfeit products and, as you say, Benefit is one of the brands on eBay to really be wary of. One of two sellers actually say in their descriptions that the products are not real but are "good dupes". Search on eBay for They're Real mascara and sort by price - you can get it for about a fiver and the seller will be selling hundreds. I suppose eBay could never check all the listings to be able to remove them but I'm shocked that they haven't sussed the ones who sell in such vast quantities as surely someone will have complained by now. There is actually a page on eBay about how to spot the fakes (smell, badly made boxes, packaging colours slightly wrong, etc) but it's still not easy.

I know it's not the same thing, but I am shocked how many people will bid for a mascara that is being sold "used". They are open about it: "I've only used it a few times", they say, as if you can't get all manner of nasty conditions by sharing a mascara that's only been used a few times!

Have noticed Q have developed an irritating habit of taking sold out products straight off the website, so you can't refer back to anything. It also often used to be the case that, if you persistently checked back on something you'd missed out on, one might become available, and this is no longer possible. Was very tempted by this, thought it was a great TSV at a great price, but I've got quite a bit of skincare to use up so I resisted. When I tried the MMHC, I missed the pampering aspect of my usual creams and oils, and didn't notice it doing much. I'm in my thirties, so anti-ageing benefits aren't my top priority with skincare at the moment, but I'm sure this won't be the case for many more years! Will definitely give NIOD a go when I start to notice those changes taking place.

Did anyone hear them say how many they sold? Would be interested to know.

My skin's been like an oil slick for the last year, and I couldn't understand why. Mentioned that I hadn't got on with Decleor, for this reason, and maymorganlondon suggested that I might be using too much. I thought it was possible that I might be overdoing it with the oil, but believed I was using a sensible amount of moisturiser. Got chatting to one of the staff in SpaceNK about quantities the other day, and it turns out I have been completely overdoing it. I'd researched quantities and knew that poor absorption of eye cream could increase puffiness, so feel such an idiot for not making the connection. The strange thing was that the product was all going in when I applied it, but I'd wake up really shiny in the mornings and the shine would grin through my make-up throughout the day. I've now wound right back on the amounts and my skin is SO much better! Only problem is I have other products I'm eager to get to, but - at this rate - I'll be in for a long wait!

Re. bogus sites, the beauty industry in particular seems to be rife with this. I am coveting a ridiculously expensive Chantecaille eye serum and it's half price on eBay, but I'm a great believer in the adage that, if something seems too good to be true, it probably is!

another reason for the oilyness you describe could be that you are dehydrated
and your skin is not getting enough water
when your skin does not have enough hydration/water
which it can't produce for itself
it will try to compensate for this lack by producing more oil

you could try to iclude a spritz into your regime
and spritz your face inbetween layers of serum, oil, mosturizer
also, a hyaluronic serum can help a lot, esp if combined with spritz
The Ordinary HA might suffice here at £5.90
and also, we all do it and forget to drink enough water,
but, it does make a difference :0)
best of luck

p.s. to add to my post above
(which i hope is helpful, rather than unwanted advice, eek)
if your foundation gets patchy as the day goes on,
it may be your skin drinking up the water from your foundation ...

Wow. My tsv arrived this morning. Just had a go. Very impressed so far, skin feels great after only one application

I noticed this when I was looking at something the other day, maybe the review system is playing up? Can see the TSV again now and there's stock available, gone up to £90 though!!

Hope you feel better soon. xx

another reason for the oilyness you describe could be that you are dehydrated
and your skin is not getting enough water
when your skin does not have enough hydration/water
which it can't produce for itself
it will try to compensate for this lack by producing more oil

you could try to iclude a spritz into your regime
and spritz your face inbetween layers of serum, oil, mosturizer
also, a hyaluronic serum can help a lot, esp if combined with spritz
The Ordinary HA might suffice here at £5.90
and also, we all do it and forget to drink enough water,
but, it does make a difference :0)
best of luck

Thanks very much for all the helpful advice. I had wondered if my skin might be compensating for dehydration, which is why I pressed on with moisturising, even though instinctively you feel like the last thing your skin needs is any more moisture! I'd read that the more you try to strip it of oil, the more it produces to redress the balance, so wanted to avoid that vicious circle. Funnily enough(!!), I've got a couple of nice spritzes - an Omorovicza Queen of Hungary mist and a L'Occitaine Pivoine Sublime one - so will definitely try your suggestion of layering them between the other stages of my routine. As luck would have it, I have also just received a 'The Ordinary Natural Moisturising Factors' in a beauty box, which contains hyaluronic acid, so will give that a go, too! Enjoyed reading about your experience with NIOD, and am so pleased that it has made such a difference to you. :happy:

I thought that I'd move our conversation in the NIOD TSV thread:

I had a call from Q this afternoon but was not home to take the call. I did not order the TSV on advanced order but did end up ordering the NIOD one. It did cross my mind before that they are calling about that?

I ordered NIOD TSV on advanced order - no one called me today if I understood you correctly miss molly.

No sorry meant I ordered the Auto delivery, thought crossed my mind they might have problem with stock(it may not be about that). I don't know if I am keeping this as been using the eye serum and my eyes are stinging. Anyone else having probs and also noticed the eye serum was not sealed.

I bought the eye serum around February last year and didn't like it at first as didn't help the eyebags a little bit and they looked even puffier and I read someone else mentioned this too. I then resumed using it around two months ago and haven't seen any changes until I took a close up look - the skin around the eyes looked really tout, but the under eyes still puffy. Only very recently I've noticed them diminishing but not sure so far if it's the eye serum or I consume less salt.
My serum never stung and arrived in sealed box as it was an individual item. Did they not seal the items in the TSV?
I have bought both from deciem and Q and the same products on Q would be packed in cheaper soft cardboard boxes when direct from deciem the boxes are like a small chest even on Black Friday when they discounted special sets by 60%.

View attachment 13458

No they did not come boxed, all products housed in a holder which did not hold them they had fallen out and the eye serum did not have a twist seal that you break when first opened.

Did the other bottles have a twist seal?

Not sure as I have not opened them, will inspect later x

I got the TSV and my bottles weren't shrink-wrapped or sealed. The packaging wasn't adequate and my bottles were all rolling around loose in the Niod box; being glass I'm surprised they hadn't broken.

Very poor QVC, this is my Black Friday deal, the parcel from deciem direct, everything wrapped,boxed and sealed (they seal the boxes not the bottles). I remember you also got the Black Friday deal Akimbo. Doesn't make sense to save on the shrink wrap and get claims for broken goods.

It seems a bad habit bad packaging for the expensive brands like they are shipping Lulu Guinness bags in the blue one ply plastic bags.

Or was it NIOD that did the packaging for QVC? First impressions count.

IMG_4595.JPG IMG_4596.JPG

Not that I generally defend QVC but the inner Niod box will have been supplied by Deciem, mine was then inside a QVC cardboard box. I like the brand so I hope they didn't get too many breakages and returns but they need to review their packaging of sets if their sets aren't supplied in the individual retail boxes.

I got the TSV and my bottles weren't shrink-wrapped or sealed. The packaging wasn't adequate and my bottles were all rolling around loose in the Niod box; being glass I'm surprised they hadn't broken.

Seems strange the bottles were not sealed with the products being so active.

Latest posts

Back