Niod tsv 03/02/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I contacted deciem direct after reading this post asking if this website is their stockist as I thought it may be a counterfeit seller, never heard about them and the price is just ridiculous for the actual value. I shall report back when I hear from deciem, not sure how long it’s going to take them to reply.

Also whilst looking for deciem email address found one of my earlier correspondence with them, that says all niod products have an indefinite shelf life whilst unopened, and then as per the product details.

our posts re stockist below crossed :0)

re age of product,
i am pretty sure that i saw them saying on twitter,
just around the Black Friday offers
that CAIS has a 6 month unopened shelf life
and also, possibly from other Deciem source, can't recall now,
that all other products are 3 years unopened

CAIS also happens to have a use by of 6 months when opened
so maybe there is a mix up on the info given,
or the info given has changed, due the whatever they have experienced in the field

whatever it may be,
it does seem however that CAIS is more fragile a product as to staying potent
both over time and as to conditions it is being warehoused in

i had a CAIS from QVC (a special offer bundle) which i opened 2 months after receiving from Q
instead of it looking bright blue and clear
it looks greeny with. a grey murky tinge to it

i send Deciem pictures and they send me a new one free of charge
i said to them that i wondered if it had been old stock
and they. said it may have been exposed to heat when in warehouse
(i guess they would not want to accuse on eof their retailers of flogging old stock anyhow,
never mind what might have been the issue)

guess i was lucky there, as i had used two good bottles of CAIS before
and felt very confident, that the bottle from Q wasn't right
however,if it had been my first bottle, i would not have known ....

Has anyone tried the neck product and if so, do they rate it? I'm always on the hunt for new products that will tame my wattle, so any feedback gratefully received.

http://www.qvcuk.com/NIOD-Supersize-Neck-Catalyst.product.229525.html?sc=PRODFEED

i rate it very very highly
does what it says on the tin
and have written about it a couple of times on here
enter 'Niod' into search
p.s. Nigella Lawson also a fan of Niod NEC
2 p.s. i have the normal 50ml jar
and it has latest me very well,
as you have linked to the super size

i rate it very very highly
does what it says on the tin
and have written about it a couple of times on here
enter 'Niod' into search
p.s. Nigella Lawson also a fan of Niod NEC
2 p.s. i have the normal 50ml jar
and it has latest me very well,
as you have linked to the super size

Thanks Lilith, that's very helpful indeed - will look up your other posts :mysmilie_504:

Who knows how old the products are.
Good point Ani. I bought some reduced Phytomineral sets from Judith Williams and the face cream started smelling off after just a few month.
I checked out the gifts and beyond website and surprise surprise they have a No No hair removal for sale

may i also make the point
imho with Niod, it is not just about stuff going off
but for me it is about it being potent to its full potential
esp with very active stuff like copper peptides or vit c
which can easily oxidise,
and then potentially,do more harm then good
when unstable due to age or conditions it had been kept in or transported in
and i would in no way be prepared to pay these prices
if they didn't deliver high end results to me :0)

but i would be more relaxed about say, a convential moisturiser of most kind of brands

on the lunch time show
they adressed a question re shelf life of TSV if one wanted to multi buy
Nicola Kilner said, 2 yrs unopened and then what is says on the product
i shall go and check mine for opened info now
and report back

they all say 6 months, opened on the products in the TSV

hmmm, quite a bit of slightly varying info ...

Good point Ani. I bought some reduced Phytomineral sets from Judith Williams and the face cream started smelling off after just a few month.
I checked out the gifts and beyond website and surprise surprise they have a No No hair removal for sale
Did you return the JW cream? We have a two-year sort of "warranty" where products have to work accordingly, if not, you can return them. I am asking you because I had the same with one of the Phytomineral 24h creams, they are supposed to smell nicely, slightly similar to the fragrance "Light Blue" from Dolce & Gabbana, but mine was smelling awkward, as if it were off. I phoned Customer Service, returned the cream and got my money back.

By the way, JW is celebrating 10 years from tomorrow on, there als loads of offers on HSE24.

on the lunch time show
they adressed a question re shelf life of TSV if one wanted to multi buy
Nicola Kilner said, 2 yrs unopened and then what is says on the product
i shall go and check mine for opened info now
and report back

they all say 6 months, opened on the products in the TSV

hmmm, quite a bit of slightly varying info ...
? But that is the information you received, six months after opening. They never say on the boxes what the unopened shelf life is. Or did I misunderstood you? They also say on Facebook (QVC UK) that the unopened shelf life is two years.:)

may i also make the point
imho with Niod, it is not just about stuff going off
but for me it is about it being potent to its full potential
esp with very active stuff like copper peptides or vit c
which can easily oxidise,
and then potentially,do more harm then good
when unstable due to age or conditions it had been kept in or transported in
and i would in no way be prepared to pay these prices
if they didn't deliver high end results to me :0)

but i would be more relaxed about say, a convential moisturiser of most kind of brands

Absolutely agree with the distinction you make, Lilith. Products, stored correctly (in a cool, dark, dry environment) will last longer than what the manufacturer states in many cases... But the potency and efficacy may diminish. If you are paying higher prices for an action or effect, its probably best to respect the storage time stated especially when getting to know how the product works with your skin.

Most serious brands will tell you they have problems stabilising products based on highly active ingredients. I have heard both Michelle from Alpha-H and Fiona from Decleor talking about this in relation to vitamin c (ascorbic acid in NIOD terms). So it won't surprise me if these kinds of products have a shorter shelf life.

Tarketta, did you get the neck product? Seems its sold like hot cakes today. Application from below the nose down according to the presentation.

? But that is the information you received, six months after opening. They never say on the boxes what the unopened shelf life is. Or did I misunderstood you? They also say on Facebook (QVC UK) that the unopened shelf life is two years.:)

the variation(s) are

CAIS, being told that unopened CAIS shelf life is 6 month
(opened is 6 month, no disagreements there)

then Nicola answering, when asked about unopened shelf life for the whole collection,
which included CAIS, answering : 2 years

then previously Deciem said that unopened shelf life is 3 years,
apart from CAIS which they said unopened is 6 months

I didn't get a reply from deciem in the end. Ordered the TSV on advanced orders.

Re the NEC, I find it's suffocating on my skin, I even wake up during the night because of this, it kind of feels wet/sticky on the skin all night and I can't wait to wash it off in the morning. I bought it for the sun damaged skin and use it on my face. The skin has improved since though.

I didn't get a reply from deciem in the end. Ordered the TSV on advanced orders.

Re the NEC, I find it's suffocating on my skin, I even wake up during the night because of this, it kind of feels wet/sticky on the skin all night and I can't wait to wash it off in the morning. I bought it for the sun damaged skin and use it on my face. The skin has improved since though.

how much are you using per application,
it should only feel slippy for a minute while you massage it in
and then have sunk in completely after a minute or two
i use a pea sized amount (via spatula) on my neck and chin

could you be using too much perhaps ?

how much are you using per application,
it should only feel slippy for a minute while you massage it in
and then have sunk in completely after a minute or two
i use a pea sized amount (via spatula) on my neck and chin

could you be using too much perhaps ?

I transferred it in a pump bottle and I used two pumps. I probably do use too much. I think the directions were to massage it in for around 20 seconds, so I probably take a bit too much like for the massage. I shall try to use less now and see how this goes.

the variation(s) are

CAIS, being told that unopened CAIS shelf life is 6 month
(opened is 6 month, no disagreements there)

then Nicola answering, when asked about unopened shelf life for the whole collection,
which included CAIS, answering : 2 years

then previously Deciem said that unopened shelf life is 3 years,
apart from CAIS which they said unopened is 6 months

Thanks, then I didn't get you right in the first place. Would be good to know the correct shelf life.

Last edited:
Absolutely agree with the distinction you make, Lilith. Products, stored correctly (in a cool, dark, dry environment) will last longer than what the manufacturer states in many cases... But the potency and efficacy may diminish. If you are paying higher prices for an action or effect, its probably best to respect the storage time stated especially when getting to know how the product works with your skin.

Most serious brands will tell you they have problems stabilising products based on highly active ingredients. I have heard both Michelle from Alpha-H and Fiona from Decleor talking about this in relation to vitamin c (ascorbic acid in NIOD terms). So it won't surprise me if these kinds of products have a shorter shelf life.

Tarketta, did you get the neck product? Seems its sold like hot cakes today. Application from below the nose down according to the presentation.

Maymorganlondon, I've still got a ton of Perricone and Gatineau products to get through so I decided to sit on my hands...but it's definitely on my list of products to try next as it sounds like it does what it says on the tin.

Latest posts

Back