Nintendo TSV 1 December

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

we have had a wii since nov2008 and we use it a lot. we dont have a battery charger specifically for the wii. the handsets use normal batteries (AA) so we just swap them over and charge them again with one of those chargers that do all batteries. the cables to connect wii to the tv were in the wii box i think. also in the tsv was a accessory pack, we dont have them, just seem a waste of money, but we do have the steering wheels which are good fun for driving games. we also have wii fit game and balance board and i have bought the new wii fit plus game for xmas. my 12 year old likes to do the wii fit, as well as hubby and me, especially on miserable rainy weekend days.we also have the wii motion add on things and they are good but you only need them for certain games, wii sports works without them. we have all played with the wii and like different games, hubby likes to play golf, and i like animal crossing and wii fit.

we have had a wii since nov2008 and we use it a lot. we dont have a battery charger specifically for the wii. the handsets use normal batteries (AA) so we just swap them over and charge them again with one of those chargers that do all batteries. the cables to connect wii to the tv were in the wii box i think. also in the tsv was a accessory pack, we dont have them, just seem a waste of money, but we do have the steering wheels which are good fun for driving games. we also have wii fit game and balance board and i have bought the new wii fit plus game for xmas. my 12 year old likes to do the wii fit, as well as hubby and me, especially on miserable rainy weekend days.we also have the wii motion add on things and they are good but you only need them for certain games, wii sports works without them. we have all played with the wii and like different games, hubby likes to play golf, and i like animal crossing and wii fit.

Many thanks for all your help Yorkshirepudding.

I did notice in Asda they had a stand with lots of add on accessories some of which were Asda's own which were cheaper.
I surpose it's a matter of trying out which you'll think you'll require for what game and which you'll enjoy playing.
No point getting a load of stuff to find they aren't required.
As hubby plays golf for a living and is very picky as he won't play with just any club, don't know if he would take to swinging a plastic club.:rolleyes:

:)

Jersey is part of the customs territory so no import duty is levied.

You will not be stung buying from Play.com :)

You will be stung and hard if you're in Ireland though. On top of the duty charges they whack on a big administration charge.

They might sell a few Wiis but as Ideal World have been selling it for a couple of months on easy pay - the customer base will be smaller.

QVC seem to have jumped onto the Band Waggon too late IMHO.

I wonder which presenter will be demonstrating the Wii fit JR perhaps?

Have to wanted to say that IMHO qvc have got this too late - but I was too worried about offending anyone :eek:

My teenagers both had a wii - both sold them on.Neither was that impressed with it - but besides that (I've heard its more a girl thing than boys??!!!) I honestly thought that qvc had got this far too late in the day.

Now its nearly 2.30pm and I've no idea what the tsv was or the price but I understand from JR currently on diamonique that its gone! Must have been a good price/good package,or just small amount of stock?

Apologies haven't read all this thread - but hope those who wanted it got it x

we started off with just the basics and added stuff over the year as we used it more, we have 4 of the handsets/ nunchucks now but only 2 of the motion add ons.the plastic golf club does nothing but look ok so ur money is better spent on other things in my opinion.my hubby did try to play golf many years ago, but now he likes to chill out playing tiger woods on the wii. he is also very competative and likes to win at everything but he cant on the wii games,my daughter does, so the wii does sort of tempt you in to have a go, to do better, it is easy to use. a great family present.

Mine is now showing "customer cancelled" :eek:

I am surprised they managed to cancel it, they havent been able to do that before, probably because they have other buyers for it :p

Mine is now showing "customer cancelled" :eek:

I am surprised they managed to cancel it, they havent been able to do that before, probably because they have other buyers for it :p

Yes someone will get a shock :rolleyes:when their's on wailist/advanced order arrives that they won't have budgeted for before Christmas. :eek:

thanks...............as others have said at least we can try it out ......anyone else know where the best wii fit board/game etc to buy from..........

am i dreaming or have we lost the ' thanks bit '..............

I have to say, the DS is fab.. Ive got one in pink (not the latest version), but only own 2 games - Mario Kart & Nintendogs - I sold Animal Crossing, just got bored with it.. Nintendogs is fantastic.. You pick & name your own puppies & off you go.. Mario Kart you just don't get bored with :)

Jersey is part of the customs territory so no import duty is levied.

You will not be stung buying from Play.com :)

In Play.com's terms & conditions, it does state that the customer is subject to import duties & taxes if the delivery address is outside of Jersey.. & that any such charges levied by your country, are borne by the customer.. So I think its still dodgy ordering something of a high value from them, unless confirmed otherwise..
Ps.. My sister was caught out a couple of years ago with play.com - she ordered a dvd box set (over £18) for my mum for Christmas.. It was stopped at customs & she had to pay around £12 in tax & an additional charge :(

Although I have no interest whatsoever in the nintendo wii I watched the tsv launch last night, when Pipa told the viewers that, should they want this brilliant deal, they needed to order asap as, unlike with other tsvs, they would not be able to get any on advanced order.

Imagine my surprise when, upon tuning in ti QVC this morning, I saw rhe words advanced orders on the item description.

QVC don't want to go down the route of seemingly lying to the customer. If they are unsure as to whether an item will be available on AO or not, just don't mention it at all.

As a shopping channel, QVC has worked extremely hard to gain the trust and support and, most importantly, the patronage of it's customer base. It doesn't want or need to lose it due to a needless and accidental remark.

thanks...............as others have said at least we can try it out ......anyone else know where the best wii fit board/game etc to buy from..........

am i dreaming or have we lost the ' thanks bit '..............[/QUOTE]

No your not, its gone since the crash......
If I remember rightly, Graham added it back on a while after the previous crash. I get the impression its an extra thing to cause stress to the system, the moods have gone too.

Although I have no interest whatsoever in the nintendo wii I watched the tsv launch last night, when Pipa told the viewers that, should they want this brilliant deal, they needed to order asap as, unlike with other tsvs, they would not be able to get any on advanced order.

Imagine my surprise when, upon tuning in ti QVC this morning, I saw rhe words advanced orders on the item description.

QVC don't want to go down the route of seemingly lying to the customer. If they are unsure as to whether an item will be available on AO or not, just don't mention it at all.

As a shopping channel, QVC has worked extremely hard to gain the trust and support and, most importantly, the patronage of it's customer base. It doesn't want or need to lose it due to a needless and accidental remark.

i remember Pippa saying that they were sure they wouldnt get advanced orders for xmas BUT she did say that they might get some for after xmas but she was not sure on that

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back