Ninja TSV 31/10/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've spent 2 days trying to book a Covid booster, both on-line and on119.

Not easy, haven't got one yet, the venues keep disappearing.

I’ve got my booster next Wednesday and my doctors’ surgery sent me a text with a link to book it. The booster should apparently be given within 190 days of the second vaccination. My booster will be done on day 189. 😂

I’ve got my booster next Wednesday and my doctors’ surgery sent me a text with a link to book it. The booster should apparently be given within 190 days of the second vaccination. My booster will be done on day 189. 😂
All they've said until recently is that you CAN'T have it until 6 months afterwards, so about 180 days. Never heard about a time limit of getting it before 190 days.

I can't even try booking at the moment because of all the drain work in my garden (details in various threads scattered around). The new big digger costs £500 a day to hire, plus the driver's wages. There were 4 men here today. They've finally found the pipe.

Must have cost £100,000 so far. They told me that the water company had adopted the drains a few years ago, otherwise we would have to pay (or just put up with flooded gardens).

All they've said until recently is that you CAN'T have it until 6 months afterwards, so about 180 days. Never heard about a time limit of getting it before 190 days.
From the NHS website.

“If you have not received an invite but it's been 6 months and 1 week (190 days) since your 2nd dose, you can try to book your appointment online without an invite.”

I got my text last Wednesday, so 6 months since my second vaccination. I’m inside the 6 months and 1 week by one day.

No the booster should be given a minimum of 6 months after second dose - ie AFTER 180 days...

And that if it’s longer than 190 days, you can contact direct to try to book. You don’t have to have it within the 190 days!
They’d never manage that!!

I can't even try booking at the moment because of all the drain work in my garden (details in various threads scattered around). The new big digger costs £500 a day to hire, plus the driver's wages. There were 4 men here today. They've finally found the pipe.

Must have cost £100,000 so far. They told me that the water company had adopted the drains a few years ago, otherwise we would have to pay (or just put up with flooded gardens).

Oh dear sorry! Sounds a lot like what happened with my mum and our water company!
They ended up digging so many trenches across her garden when one of their pipes leaked under ground in her garden...
At first they implied it was going to be her responsibility but it was all sorted so that it definitely wasn’t!

Mum felt so sorry for the workers as it was a nasty job which lasted for ages and they ended up neck deep in mud for most of it!

One of the men on the job said he’d never worked on anything like it.

It was sorted eventually and they did leave the garden neat and tidy so hope it’s soon finished for you!

(She did then have Virgin Media digging up her front garden which all went wrong but that’s another story!)

It’s 203 days since my 2nd jab and there is no sign of the booster. Flu vaccine down for 13 November
Not sure what’s going on with boosters etc... And the roll out of first and second doses was so efficient!

But I’m immunosuppressed etc, yet haven’t been offered either the proposed third dose of the vaccination nor the booster....yet! :(

And what I can’t believe, especially after the cock ups last time, at least our local area has not provided nor has any information on the timing of doing so, boosters for any care homes or housebound residents.

(Sorry that sentence was v long and poorly formed - not slept in days again!)

I'm seriously interested in this as Mr CC and I rarely use the main cooker and we've had halogen ovens for years and now have a Salter mini oven type thing. However, we've been at the caravan for months and I could do with something new now we're going back to the house. I'm not buying it early though as I need to see what it can do. I think the price is good. I hope it isn't Gail Samways demo'ing it as I want to see nice food. Maybe Simon Brown will step in.

CC
“Afraid” it is Gail Samways on midnight hour... along with Jill Franks who allegedly can’t even find her own kitchen.

I actually really like Gail but there are so many functions to this Ninja, she doesn’t have much time to demo them...

And did have to stop to explain the concept of proving and dehydrating to Jill!

Hope you get enough of an idea to know whether to invest. It sounds impressive!

Jill seems to have very croaky voice - or losing it - hope it’s not old issues returning.

But she has literally said THREE separate times “Gail, people are actually using this instead of their own ovens”...
Which is surely the point of it anyway?!

thats because its not been fully released yet & this one isnt meant to be shipping anywhere until after that date
People have been ordering it direct from ninja for weeks at the higher price. It goes out of stock frequently but has been available and has reviews on ninja Facebook groups from members who have one.

Caught a seconds of this morning's presentation with Chloe. She thought she was off camera when they panned across to BA so took the opportunity to shake her hair to ”restyle” her shaggy dog hair- good job no one was going to eat the food or they would have got a mouthfull of hair.

I can honestly say this new Ninja is amazing, my 9 in 1 is pretty useful and really does do all it promises but the two lids are annoying so having this and the added bonus of the temerature probe is incredible. I do think its a high price though, even with all the features. It won't replace your oven as they promise. Why? we are a family of 5 adults and its not big enough for some cooking features, it is for other things but it takes a lot of balancing and working out how to do your meal if your going to do like they say. It is a learning curve when you get one and I doubt anyone anywhere using all the features on a regular basis. Obviously depends how good a cook you are but that said, it is a thing of the future, at last something they promise that is true.

Also something else, it looks smaller on screen than it does in situ, mine is the same size but this one has a higher lid and you need a massive area to deal with this machine.

I can honestly say this new Ninja is amazing, my 9 in 1 is pretty useful and really does do all it promises but the two lids are annoying so having this and the added bonus of the temerature probe is incredible. I do think its a high price though, even with all the features. It won't replace your oven as they promise. Why? we are a family of 5 adults and its not big enough for some cooking features, it is for other things but it takes a lot of balancing and working out how to do your meal if your going to do like they say. It is a learning curve when you get one and I doubt anyone anywhere using all the features on a regular basis. Obviously depends how good a cook you are but that said, it is a thing of the future, at last something they promise that is true.

Also something else, it looks smaller on screen than it does in situ, mine is the same size but this one has a higher lid and you need a massive area to deal with this machine.
Glad you enjoy yours and make good use of it.

My mum’s oven broke 18 months ago but she hasn’t replaced it because she’s supposed to be having an extension and new kitchen. Been waiting since 1995 when we moved in!!

I did send her the link but she was just shocked at the price with which you could buy a new cooker just about!

One thing I can’t get my head around is the cleaning etc. I mean how can you make a wet and sticky stew or pressure cook something one minute and the next use it as an air fryer or dehydrator?!

Maybe there are different inserts (not shown in demo as nothing much was!) as it was largely useless with Jill making stupid interjections etc...

This thing could be a housekeeper, butler, maid and gardener , but at 7.5 litres capacity this behemoth would be at the back of the cupboard gathering dust for a single person, or 2 person household, IMO.
Debbie tried to head that argument off at the pass in the 9pm preview, but unless they produce a smaller on, my fingers won’t twitch.

This thing could be a housekeeper, butler, maid and gardener , but at 7.5 litres capacity this behemoth would be at the back of the cupboard gathering dust for a single person, or 2 person household, IMO.
Debbie tried to head that argument off at the pass in the 9pm preview, but unless they produce a smaller on, my fingers won’t twitch.
I totally get where your coming from on this but I do cook for one and two in my machine because theres only a certain number of things you can cook for a 'family', that's where it disappointed me. I'm surprised how much I do use the bake facility as it's usually for exactly the reason your don't turn a massive oven on for just two people. It's problem is it's shape, no matter the size of the pot, it still is that -a pot, round shape and the bigger the capicity, it's just higher sides.

Again, it's all about what you are actually cooking in there and this takes a lot of planning and cooking skills. Some thing are excellent, but others may find it a faff. I made ratatoulli yesterday which was great for just chopping the veg and dropping it in the pot but I had to bake the veg in 3 stages, stirring it all the breaks to get it evenly browned. It was great for then finshing the cooking as a pressure cook (but in my case having to get the pressure lid out of the cupbaord- hence why this is a better machine than mine)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back