Nina Leonard TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

reflexgirl

Registered Shopper
What do you think of the tsv dress - I like it from the front, looks flattering BUT when the models turn sideways they look quite "wide" to me. Or is it me? Not sure if it is flattering for size 16 or not.

I don't mean to be flippant or mean so I'll talk about me in that frock. I'm an XL in NL and in that frock I'd probably dither over what size to buy. It would need to fit my boobs (possibly 2XL) but with all those gathers and material under the boob area I'd be worried about looking ginormous from the side view. If the bodice of the frock came right down over and under my boobs and then flared out it would be much more flattering (maybe the XL would be better). But all in all I am a curvy girl and all that material under the boobs is unlikely to skinny me up any.

Nice dress though. Adore the poppy colour. Beading and gathering under the boobs put me off.

Does that help any??

A simple column or shift style dress is tge most flattering on me. Or an "umpire" line that comes right in under the boobs and gently flares out. :eek:)

Last edited:
What do you think of the tsv dress - I like it from the front, looks flattering BUT when the models turn sideways they look quite "wide" to me. Or is it me? Not sure if it is flattering for size 16 or not.

Debbie F is a size 16 and she looks fab in it.

I like it! No idea about the size I would need though....

Think I bought 18 in the Tiana B (last years TSV) but its a big big, any ideas of sizing - generous or stingy?

Generous.

I'm a 2xl or 20 in a Tiana B dress and an XL or sometimes a 2XL in NL. When NL did a dress in sizes a while back I was a 16 although I could have worn and 18. On the High Street in a dress I'm usually a 20 and sometimes an 18 but not often. Hope that helps.

Thank you!

Why is it that a woman who owns at least 157 tape measures, cannot find one at all, when she needs to measure her bust?? :devil:

I'm dithering too. It looks good on the very slim models, smaller bustline and no tummies, drapes nicely. Loving the poppy colour though, but again ...it's the sizing! But ideal style for today's weather. :sun:

Last night, I thought I heard Debbie Flint say that she's normally a medium but was wearing a large because of the bustline

saw 5 mins of the presentation and the only bit I saw mentioned that tanya the model thought it was a bit snug on the bust...and DF agreed.

I heard DF suggest going up a size on the bit of the TSV presentation I saw and I think it was to do with the bust area. Remember thinking that would mean even more fabric swishing around the waist, tummy and hips. The slimmer, flatterchested models looked lovely, no surprise there but not sure otherwise. As a larger person myself there is no real substitute for seeing the item in real life before committing to buy, even with the 30 day guarantee.

Noticed DF wore dress with a shrug, she did say it was a bit tight around the arms. Did she get her arms out or kept them covered hmmm

With no embellishments and with a small sleeve I'd have considered this TSV, but as it wasn't plain and had no sleeves I haven't bothered. I know I could buy a shrug but, as I don't 'do' hot weather, I don't fancy the idea of an extra layer, albeit a small one.

I'd love a maxi dress but as an apple shape they don't suit me.I've always stayed away from them....I feel they make my bust and stomach look bigger...on the verge of looking pregnant...whilst hiding my best feature my legs.....that said I think they're so pretty and always look so effortlessly stylish and cool.

This year I made up my mind I was going to buy one.I've lost a dress size in the last 6 mnths,so thought I'd give them another go.So far from QVC I've tried a RN one,a kim & co one and a casual and co one.

The RN was on 4 easy pay and was actually the best of the lot.The bust was the best,the colours,the fit (12) everything....it just had lots of gathering all the way around under the bust..which meant loads of pleats around my bum...making it look quite big.Didn't feel conscious about my tummy though...but still sent it back as I wasn't 100% sure from the back.

The kim & co one was so far removed from what I'd wear.A) It was kim & co B) it was animal print.Eeeek!!! To both.However again on 4 easy pay and pipa looked so lovely in it.When it came,it was actually very pretty but as it was a slender cut,felt a bit self conscious about my tummy in it.Wasn't 100% sure I could pull the animal print off.Back it went.

The casual & co was because it was a bargain hunter at about £15.I've been on waitlist for it for like forever.When it came,quite tight on the bust....lots of fabric....quite see through.Going back too.

So for me the maxi hunt is over.I do like the TSV today but I just know it won't do anything for me.I must also remember thats as much as pipa looks lovely in it...I've fallen for that one before...pipa is tiny and pixie,elf esque....I am not! We don't look the same in a maxi dress!

I did order this morning, then remembered the last NL tunic I bought was down to my ankles so swiftly phoned and canceled my order. Will see what's out there when I go shopping on Saturday at white rose

obviously just me that thinks it looks like a maternity dress then lol i love maxi dresses but i have to be very careful which shape i get

Same here, anything that hangs from the chest makes me look pregnant. A fitted maxi dress I can get away with, despite only being 5'2"! In fact, it's not just maxi dresses, anything loose and billowy makes me look up the duff/matronly. Oh for a flatter chest :confused: haha! I know, the grass is always greener and all that...but it doesn't half cause some problems with clothes :giggle:

Latest posts

Back