Newbie here. Is it just me...?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MistyMoo

Registered Shopper
Or are QVC just rattling out the same old programmes with little thought for variety? I can't remember it being like this in the past.... As much as I love gardening, do we need to have so many shows about this as well as the other 'regulars'! I'm probably just getting old but it's getting so boring and repetitive!

Bring back the old days when Qvc was worth watching. They used to have innovative items that were not widely available, and the demos were not as boring.

Bring back the old days when Qvc was worth watching. They used to have innovative items that were not widely available, and the demos were not as boring.
Talking of innovative and not widely available, does anyone else remember the iron filings face mask which came with a magnet to remove it? Did anyone buy it? It was before I bought anything from qvc, but I saw it a couple of times and was intrigued, as Jill Franks might say

Or are QVC just rattling out the same old programmes with little thought for variety? I can't remember it being like this in the past.... As much as I love gardening, do we need to have so many shows about this as well as the other 'regulars'! I'm probably just getting old but it's getting so boring and repetitive!

Well said MistyMoo, yes we could do with something exciting especially for the TSV's. :nod: welcome from me while I here :wave:

Welcome. You are far from being the only one. Let us know what you normally buy from Q
I am a lady of a certain age and shape and find the whole hassle of mail order no longer worth it . kept too much. crap to avoid the running to the PO and paying double P&P. Now I prefer to buy on the high street where you can take different sizes to try on and return if change your mind. And the prices are far lower for the same or better quality.

I now only buy anything where a fit doesn't apply and already know what the quality is like. AND I don't need a steam mop/NN bedclothes/Yankie/a camera- so what is there to buy?

:mysmilie_357: Mistymoo. You are not alone :happy: almost all of us feel the same. There was a time when I used to watch QVC almost all day,if not watching any special presentation, I had it as a background noise not anymore, I cannot bear the screeching to start with so I look to see if there is anything interesting, put a reminder on, watch other TV programs and if they are interesting, I ignore the QVC reminders.

Welcome. You are far from being the only one. Let us know what you normally buy from Q
I am a lady of a certain age and shape and find the whole hassle of mail order no longer worth it . kept too much. crap to avoid the running to the PO and paying double P&P. Now I prefer to buy on the high street where you can take different sizes to try on and return if change your mind. And the prices are far lower for the same or better quality.

I now only buy anything where a fit doesn't apply and already know what the quality is like. AND I don't need a steam mop/NN bedclothes/Yankie/a camera- so what is there to buy?

You said what I was thinking :handshake:

Hi & Welcome!still watch Q but not as much as I feel I could write the script! Not buying either great for my bank balance.

Thanks for the welcomes. :wave: I think I'm a bit 'old skool' and remember it from the days of Molton Brown, etc... What I really miss is good value, silver, semi-precious gemstones jewellery. It just seems to be the same old skincare brands (as much as I love makeup let's have some variety!) gardening stuff, shapewear/frumpy clothes and candles! Oh, and bedding... It's just so BORING and nothing really inspires me to reach for my debit card anymore! :wink:

Hi and welcome. Yep you got it in a nutshell, Q is boring people away from their prgrammes. I rarely watch these days because the whole sales spiel is repeated like a mantra and the items they sell are now so old hat. The world is my oyster when it comes to shopping, whether online or in the high street and Q`s oyster has gone rotten IMO.

QVC used to be my guilty pleasure but you're all right - it's the same old scripted, hard-sell spiel (albeit with individual presenter 'quirks'). It's not just the repetitive shows/brands that are boring, it's the fact they feature the same products several times in one day! I wonder how my brands have been pushed from the company and how many have jumped ship?

What would make you go back to watching it regularly? Different products or a complete revamp? I've already mentioned I used to love the silver shows, especially when they focused on semi-precious gemstones (the only jewellery I could justify buying!)

Talking of innovative and not widely available, does anyone else remember the iron filings face mask which came with a magnet to remove it? Did anyone buy it? It was before I bought anything from qvc, but I saw it a couple of times and was intrigued, as Jill Franks might say

Seacret??? salabim.

I remember it too but just assumed it was a flash-in-the-pan gimmick...and clearly it was!

Welcome to the forum!
i have to say, I find I'm watching less and less qvc and agree with what you say!

Yes, I bought this at the time. Sent it back as it was messy to use and made my face really greasy!

Welcome MistyMoo! Not just you, that's for sure :) Don't forget there's a Richard Jackson TSV coming up later this week, that's the 5th one in as many weeks ;) And his weekend shows, which are boredom personified. And yay for Chelsea Flower Show season *yawn*. And he's on today! It's not even actual gardening either. Why he needs to be there to show us how to sit on a garden chair or how solar lights come on when it gets dark is beyond me.

How long until it's Richard Jackson's QVC?

Latest posts

Back