New Website

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can view either too: Old version on Google Chrome and new version on IE...but Quidco link no longer works for the new site.

Jude xx

Have I got this right?

The new website will have a different address to the old one, so you have to change it in favourites to get to the new one?

And when the old one is taken down, your previous link in favourites will no longer work?

I have the link in my "normal" favourite list, also as an icon on my desktop, and also have an icon on the bottom of my XP screen (and I don't even know how that came there and how to change it). That is the one I use all the time because it is always at the bottom of the screen for quick access.

Have I got this right?

The new website will have a different address to the old one, so you have to change it in favourites to get to the new one?

And when the old one is taken down, your previous link in favourites will no longer work?

I have the link in my "normal" favourite list, also as an icon on my desktop, and also have an icon on the bottom of my XP screen (and I don't even know how that came there and how to change it). That is the one I use all the time because it is always at the bottom of the screen for quick access.

No your old link will work as the address is the same, on my PC using IE the website has changed to the new one and mf favorites link works fine.

I can view either too: Old version on Google Chrome and new version on IE...but Quidco link no longer works for the new site.

Jude xx

QVC have many things still set to the old version so if you have the new version many things won't work yet like Quidco. Even links in QVC's own e-mails and website won't work if you have new version as still set to old one......QVC really haven't thought this all through!!! :taphead:

Oh dear, sounds a right old mish mash, hopefully I'm safe using Opera and Safari on my stuff. For the time being anyway!

I have the old style on Firefox but the new one on IE
Struggled with the link from topcashback to QVC via IE
just kept saying there was an error

The New & Improved website .....

Big banner on main page, with the 1, 2,3 page option banner and the second rolling banner telling you to have a look at the improved website. Yeah, I thought, lets have a look.
Oh it is sooo improved, soooo very improved - :sad:as I click on "find out whats coming soon" I get the:
Tune into QVC: get emails alerts about the latest QVC shows and offers
so I go back and click on another part of the page and get OPI and after page 2?????
Yes I get the same page: Tine into QVC: get email allerts....:sad::sad::sad:
either its my computer:sad:
or QVC's new and improved website is not up and running for me:thinking::thinking::wonder:
or: and it is early and I am in pain and a right old git today: they should change their computer experts

I've still got the old website, but I did look at the new layout when it first appeared on the rolling banner on the opening page.

Not today.
When I click on it today I get

"Tune in to QVC: Get email alerts about the latest QVC shows and offers"

And

"Here to help"

It's one big :down:

I dont remember changing any settings but now i ONLY have the new website?? The searc facility is utter pants! It was bad before but its worse now!

There's a thread about it and I posted that I can see both, depending on which browser I use...old one on google chrome and new on IE...if I want to buy something I use IE because the quidco link still works but doesn't on Gchrome. The clearance section on the new one is less user-friendly (or maybe I'm an old Luddite) it doesn't seem to be split into Clearance and Last Clicks, also sold out items seem available until you try to add to cart which is a tad frustrating.

Jude xx

Oh dear!

They are having problems getting the new site up & running smoothly.

Perhaps I should help eh?

QVC.jpg

New website won't work with enlarged text

I usually have everything on my screen enlarged (using CTRL +) to make it easier to read.

This worked fine with the old QVC website (and with this forum and every other site) but NOT with the new QVC site.

When using CTRL + everything enlarges so you can no longer see the right hand side of the webpage (because it is bigger than the screen) so it is usually a simple matter of using the horizontal slider bar to move the screen over.

But there is no slider bar available on the QVC website!!!!!

BTW my PC screen is 4:3, not widescreen. I wonder if they have only catered for users with widescreens and forgotten about the rest of us?

CTRL -

(minus, that is).

You can keep pressing these keys and make it huge or miniscule.

But it's no good enlarging it if you can't then move to the parts that have gone off the screen.

Talking about the website, why don't they use QVC.co.uk on screen? It is owned by them and points to QVCUK.com so why not use it? I think it sounds much better? Maybe they didn't own it to start with like Sky didn't have skynws.com but managed to get it off the <s>cyber squatter</s> previous owner.

PJ

Is this going to make your sleuthing work harder SCW. Maybe thats why

they"ve done it :thinking:

Latest posts

Back