New NOW Price

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dream Girl

Registered Shopper
I noticed during last couple of days we have changed to a NOW Price.

Have we now lost the Introductory Price available for the first 12 airings then the price goes up to the full QVC Price.
Thought that was all QVC was about we bring items in at the lower price then they go up in price, at the end of their QVC life.

So go pointy finger and get yours Now! :mysmilie_59:

well they have so many different prices like feature price, introductory price, event price, anniversary price, one time only price, clearence price, as is price ect so its prety much easier to just call it now saves confusion & makes things simple

well they have so many different prices like feature price, introductory price, event price, anniversary price, one time only price, clearence price, as is price ect so its prety much easier to just call it now saves confusion & makes things simple

And it only took them 24 years, almost a quarter of a century, to figure that out. :clapping:

And it only took them 24 years, almost a quarter of a century, to figure that out. :clapping:

When they started they could make up any old nonsense and put "rules" about what they mean, and people would take it as gospel. If they broke those rules, who would know? As online communities have grown, the rules have become exposed as we can spot when they are broken or ignored easily. They should always have kept it simp!e: here's the price... But today we're discounting it. Not these introductory prices which could last for months or longer, or instead last for a day.

The reason they've change it IMO is that the penny is beginning to drop that the complexity which used to bamboozle customers now just alienates them, and their sales are declining so they can't afford to ignore it after all these years.

Yes, all these smoke screens are a load of bollocks (pardon my French). People don't care what the price is called, just the price itself, which is the majority of times, way dearer than anyone else. To me though, that "NOW" reminds me of the high street and market stalls, you know, those high streets and market stalls they've thought they're so much better than all these years, whilst themselves selling expensive tat.

They are selling the 100ml Elemis marine cream in the pink jar, it's £99 plus £6.99 p&p £6.99!!!!!good grief

Debenhams has it for the same price and no p&p. yet they were going on about the amazing Qvc price.

I can understand why they've made the change, but I can also see how they might get into trouble with it.

Suppose they launch a new product, that they've never sold before, and instead of its regular price of, say, £30, it's at an introductory price of £20. Under this new system, on screen you'll see £30 scored out with "Now £20" underneath.

So anyone stumbling through the channels could reasonably look at that and think that it has previously been on sale at the higher price, which, of course, it hasn't.

And that, I believe, would not make Trading Standards very happy.

When I saw this thread heading I thought QVC were introducing something like Amazon's Prime Now - delivery of your items within two hours of ordering without any added shipping cost. But then I remembered this is a QVC forum.

When I saw this thread heading I thought QVC were introducing something like Amazon's Prime Now - delivery of your items within two hours of ordering without any added shipping cost. But then I remembered this is a QVC forum.

Er you need add part of my name to your post. :mysmilie_11:

Hubby saw a NOW price this morning and when asked said he would certainly think it had previously been sold at the higher price above.
Being in retail, would think its a possible trading standard issue.

No, sorry I apologise, QVC aren't as quick on the ball as I first thought, after almost a quarter of a century they still have "feature price" popping up I noticed yesterday, in a little square box, bottom left. *sigh and sad face* ahh well, never mind, maybe next century. :mysmilie_17:

Obviously that's if they're here next century, I very much doubt it because these new breed of internet savvy shoppers, love a bargain and doubt they'd pay p&p of £6.95 or, as I clocked whilst hopping yesterday, an eye watering £7.95. :mysmilie_14:

It's reminding me of the supermarkets near the end of the day, selling items due to go out of date. They always have the was price crossed out, and the now price on a sticker.

A new today Brabantia bin just shown with the line through £60 with underneath NOW Price £54.48.
It's never featured before at £60.:mysmilie_51:
Having said all that its on the web site its at a Feature Price. :mysmilie_506:

I think they've been reading these pages!

This is what I saw today: IMG_8143.jpg

IMG_8142.jpg

I don't know how the photos turned themselves around and I don't know how to change it!

Oops :blush:

Just hopped over to hear Claire Sutton mention a pair of earriings on screen were on clearance, it never said on screen "on clearance" and we all know what clearance means, "returns!". Won't be too long now before the Advertising Standards Authority step in and ask them to make it clearer to customers. That's about my lot though after thirty seconds, I don't really like hearing a grown woman who acts like a sexy, ditzy blonde whilst talking like a child.

I thought when I saw the word 'now' as in the price, that it implied it had been sold at a higher price previously. The items I saw it on were not in the sale so it is very misleading.

Have they removed 'now' as I just had a quick look and could not see it.

Latest posts

Back