New NOW Price

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I thought when I saw the word 'now' as in the price, that it implied it had been sold at a higher price previously. The items I saw it on were not in the sale so it is very misleading.

Have they removed 'now' as I just had a quick look and could not see it.

I think they're putting it on when the price is lower than what they were going to charge, like the "introductory price" so now they can't say that they charge less for a new item then increase the price, were as other retailers start at a higher price then reduce it, but with the "now" it's doing exactly that, and implying that they have started at a higher price and reduced it, yes, very misleading.

I noticed during last couple of days we have changed to a NOW Price.

Have we now lost the Introductory Price available for the first 12 airings then the price goes up to the full QVC Price.
Thought that was all QVC was about we bring items in at the lower price then they go up in price, at the end of their QVC life.

So go pointy finger and get yours Now! :mysmilie_59:

Yes I was just thinking the same, with regards to the different price schemes that Q has, it would be confusing for someone who is either new (surely there must be some people (shock/horror) out there who haven't seen or heard of QVC), or an occasional offer (such as an OTO), then the price goes back up, then people will get confused as to why? I think in hindsight (I know I am now contradicting myself now with a previous posting), but I think the 'old system' was better as at least people understood why the price was different and thus would know it was going to be a 'time-limited' offer. Also, is it just me (it probably is), who thinks it is slightly 'demeaning' (not sure if that is the correct word), but to put the 'price after today', on the screen (given they have omitted the price differences for everything else), I mean if it is a 'TODAY's' special value, then surely all would know that the price would go up after the day and don't need it spelled out to them!

Yes, all these smoke screens are a load of bollocks (pardon my French). People don't care what the price is called, just the price itself, which is the majority of times, way dearer than anyone else. To me though, that "NOW" reminds me of the high street and market stalls, you know, those high streets and market stalls they've thought they're so much better than all these years, whilst themselves selling expensive tat.

Just turned on the Grace and turned off just as quick £42 for a thin flimsy ' gypsy top ' showing my age lol Seriously Q prices are becoming an expensive joke!!
The guest sorry don't know her name but her voice/accent is so much like the blonde think its Niod guest!!

http://www.qvcuk.com/Fashion-by-Together-Botanical-Print-Shirt.product.164555.html?sc=IROA

Video above shows DF with Katie saying get yours at £33.96
Yet today Kathy making a point of saying we have a really special price £33.96 that's down from a QVC price of £42.00
Then Clara saying this is what these days are all about tuning in and seeing things you may have seen briefly and we have got these special prices, go for it now.

Video now changed to today's presentation :mysmilie_10:

Latest posts

Back