New Jewellery Range

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

NIKKID

Registered Shopper
Just reading in the Daily Mail that Donna Air is designing a new jewellery range called Little Bird for QVC. For those that don't know her, she is/was dating James Middleton, brother of Catherine Duchess of Cambridge. Always interesting to see something new - wonder will it be diamonique or something totally different for a change??

Is this the Donna Air, from Byker Grove and the Big Breakfast from way back. If it is haven't heard of her for years, be interesting to see what her jewellery designs are like.

Her dating a middleton surprises me, she never came across posh.

If she was still withJames Middleton I'd envisage something clog au-esque to cash in on the royal connection with tiny, poor quality semi precious stones in stingy plated settings a la Lisa SNOWDON to give it an "iconic" edgy look. OR if they' ve parted company maybe lots of cubic ziconia diamonique stacking rings and bangles with over the top Tova type prices to get the range off the ground. Found myself having a flashback this morning to a range Q sold about a decade ago , does anyone remember Egoli Gold? What happened to that? I liked it because they had lots of unfussy organic styles in whit&yellow gold mixes for good prices. If she coul come up with something like that it would be a nice refreshing change.

Is this the Donna Air, from Byker Grove and the Big Breakfast from way back. If it is haven't heard of her for years, be interesting to see what her jewellery designs are like.

Her dating a middleton surprises me, she never came across posh.

The very same one! No she never struck me as being too posh but there you go. I cant see Her Maj approving but then you never know!

i would like something bright and bold. Bit fed up with the whole dainty thing - Lisa Snowdon, Andrea McClean etc. Perhaps it will be all tiaras and crowns because we all need those!!

I`ll watch and wait but I daresay it will be overpriced plated stuff or at best it will be overpriced sterling silver. Probably destined for last clicks in a year`s time and it will be a 5 minute wonder hyped to the hilt then will fade away as it falls out of favour.

Will this be another "I design and approved every piece" as if! Most of those ranges get poor reviews for quality and price. I have lost count of the ranges which have come and gone after only a few shows in this past 18 months.

I remember the Egoli range. The guest used to wear tribal headgear a la Stuarti. I also remember it being quite highly priced so god alone knows what the price would be now.

Not another....

Isn't it amazing how some people are so multi talented? It appears that they all have the ability to design jewellery, or formulate skincare ranges. And where do they go to peddle their wares? Why, QVC, of course. April 29 sees the premier of "Little Bird jewellery by Donna Air." Quite opportune, as I haven't seen her on tv for ages.

Isn't it amazing how some people are so multi talented? It appears that they all have the ability to design jewellery, or formulate skincare ranges. And where do they go to peddle their wares? Why, QVC, of course. April 29 sees the premier of "Little Bird jewellery by Donna Air." Quite opportune, as I haven't seen her on tv for ages.

Don't forget their perfumes which are rank.....well the ones I've sniffed anyway

Oh no no no no no !!!

Dear Lord preserve us from yet ANOTHER faux celebrity and her own design JEWELLERY LINE !

Donna Air (you know, her that's become 'famous' for dating Mr Middleton the Younger) comes to qvc at the end of April according to the papers this weekend - she is just putting the finishes touches to the range , ER EH ??? if that's true, how the hell can a product go from design to manufacture to packaging and to air within a couple of weeks. Unless its on ADVANCED ORDERS yeah !

So, we've had.......
Anne Diamond
Lisa Snowden
Andrea McClean
Lulu
Tova
Zandra Rhodes
Another blonde from the tele (name escapes me)
Arlene Philips

as well as the q presenters who've had a go

PLEASE give us a rest now.

I bet it's going to be some flimsy , plated, cr#p with rubbish stones that are usually chucked away by proper jewellers and it will cost a fortune. QVC are really scraping the bottom of the barrel nowadays, anything to get a sale. Jewellery is a reflection of how we see our personality, I for one won't e buying any of their cheap throw a away tat just because a pseudo celeb drew a picture of it on the back of a fag packet and stuck her name on it. Urgh! No more Cheap and nasty please let's have some quality instead.

And yet the few high end proper designers have also come and gone so lord alone knows what the criteria for staying long term is.

Quality doesn't stay.
Individuality doesn't stay
Good value doesn't stay
Celeb designed doesn't stay

The one common denominator is Q and their, possibly unrealistic, demands on suppliers.

But on and on they come like lambs to the slaughter, the good, the bad and the downright ugly.

Mind you this way they can truthfully say that they are constantly bringing us "new ranges"

A lot of the proper designer named jewellery available on QVC can be found much cheaper on the original websites where there is more choice and cheaper/freep&p etc , this is why QVC keep going on about the 30day MBG as if it takes that long to realise you've been overcharged for something.

Most things you can buy online are covered by a manufacturers guarantee and most retailers comply with consumer law if goods are faulty. So it's a case of buyer beware... Do some research before parting with your cash and don't fall for retailers making promises that are only a statement of your legal entitlement.

Retailers aren't your friends they are in business to make money, out of you and me. Including QVC.

Zandra Rhodes a faux celebrity? To be fair to her she is one of Britain's most prominent designers in the last 40 years.

I remember Donna Air from Byker Grove and Select MTV. Haven't heard of her for ages! I'm sure it won't be long before Tara Palmer-Tomkinson launches a range.

Zandra Rhodes a faux celebrity? To be fair to her she is one of Britain's most prominent designers in the last 40 years.

I think she only did 1 handbag show on Q and I really liked one of them but it was too expensive. Reviews on the whole range were terrible so I was glad, even when it came into clearance I didn't bother.

I also remember her range for Marks - awful- I think once they go down the "designed for" route you know it is not going to be anything like the real thing, which I'm sure is great if you can afford it and will get your. wear out of it. There is no doubt she is not a flash in the pan.

I remember Egoli, loved it but could never afford it, and the woman with the amazing headdresses. wierd.

Latest posts

Back