Nails Inc TSV Friday 10th July

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LOL

I have it, well hidden LOL nipped to town this morn and when i came back, less than an hour later, there was another del card!! BUT this time they had taken me package to me neighbours :rock:

So i chucked the box in the car and opened it at work!

The colours look lovely, even my 12yrs old was saying " Ooooooh Mam, i like them" she can like them all she likes....she aint getting them :happy:

hee hee thats the way!! Mrsrosey:rock:

Ooooh the St Johns Wood ( wort :wink2: lol ) is lovely, have it on me fingers today, and am very impressed with how fast they dried by putting the top coat on!! :up2:

Me likey lots :heart:

The top coat is amazing, I must say. Very impressed with it. I have the Seche Vite one too, and tbh with you I prefer the Nails Inc...

One whole day! Thats how long my lovely Nails inc polish lasted before chipping. I used basecoat ,one layer of polish and topcoat. Some of the polish has worn away at the top of a few nails but one is very chipped. The same thing happens with OPI and Leighton Denny so it must be something I am doing wrong but I just don't know what. Any one else find this happening to them?

One whole day! Thats how long my lovely Nails inc polish lasted before chipping. I used basecoat ,one layer of polish and topcoat. Some of the polish has worn away at the top of a few nails but one is very chipped. The same thing happens with OPI and Leighton Denny so it must be something I am doing wrong but I just don't know what. Any one else find this happening to them?

I have 2 fingertips that are prone to wear. I have atarted putting an extra layer of topcoat on the tips of those 2 finger tips.

Also found that the OPI Cystal File helped, as my tips are prone to flaking - but somehow the file seems to 'seal' the edges.

Some peoples polish doesn't adhere after they have buffed the nails - wondered if this might be it?

Which base & top coats do you usually use?

Hi tuxedokitty, thanks for your reply. I haven't been buffing my nails so thats not the reason for my chipping slipping polish. I will try 2 layers of top coat to see if that helps and if I can get a crystal file I will have a go with that I have tried all sorts of base and top coat the latest before Nails Inc being OPI but the same thing happened.

Hi tuxedokitty, thanks for your reply. I haven't been buffing my nails so thats not the reason for my chipping slipping polish. I will try 2 layers of top coat to see if that helps and if I can get a crystal file I will have a go with that I have tried all sorts of base and top coat the latest before Nails Inc being OPI but the same thing happened.

I have to say that this is also a problem I suffer from - I can never get a manicure to last longer than 24 hours without it chipping, sometimes it's only 12 hours (and when I used Leighton Denny varnishes, the record was 3 hours before all the lot peeled off...).

My nails are clean, dry and oil free, they're not buffed either. I've had more success with this Nails Inc kit than anything else I've used before - but the same two nails seem to chip before the others, and it's happened again this afternoon which is really annoying.

The Seche Vite top coat helped, but not a lot - and the Nails Inc topcoat has been about the best so far...would appreciate any tips.

Evening update. All nails chipped. (well more than chipped really) I will need to take it off and start again. I will try once more and if the same thing happens its all going back.

Evening update. All nails chipped. (well more than chipped really) I will need to take it off and start again. I will try once more and if the same thing happens its all going back.

Loveheart, do you put a sweep of varnish along the top edge of your nail...i.e. the bit that would be in contact with the table if you were drumming your nails?

Leighton Denny recommends you do that and you can see him do it on one or two of the videos on the QVC website (if you can stand his name dropping that is :doh:).

I do this with mine whether I use LD, OPI or Nails Inc and they last pretty well through the typing I have to do at work.

Bet x

Bettlynch, I do sometimes put a sweep of polish on top of my nails but it seems to make no difference. With this Nails inc polish I have found it very thick and if I put some on top it would look awful. Ta anyway.

Hi Loveheart :wave2:

My nails were really bad & my polish seemed to wear off.

I found it helped using CND Cuticle Eraser - a mild AHA (from e-bay USA ). After about a months use I found it stopped my cuticles becoming dry and sore as it helped moisturising them & although it is not a cuticle remover it gently exfoiliates & keeps the cuticles in check. May well help the nail as well.

I also used NailTek II Foundation (contains Formaldehyde) as a basecoat & Nailtek II Hydrating\Replenisher as a copcoat.

Just having a break from them at the minute.

The combination of these & the crystal file seemed to help strenghten my nails and help keep polish on longer. Plus my nails no longer 'crumble' I now need to cut them

If you are into all things nails it may be worth visiting Makeupalley nail board.
It's great resource for advice & pics of polish.:clapping:

One other thought some people have mentioned wiping the nail with polish remover to remove hidden oils.

Let us know how you get on.

I've never been able to wear any polish too long without it chipping but then I am a naughty girl and don't always wear gloves to wash up so feel this is to blame.

Would comment on a base coat I've recently got which is superb. It's called Kiss Colour Magnet. Have only used it once however when I removed my polish this morning it came off really easily without staining my nails. Ony problem is that I bought this bottle on clearance from Boots so am hoping it's not that hard to get hold of.

Another comment I'd make is that I recently had a manicure and was told off for buffing my nails. Apparently a buffer should not be used on natural nails at all. x

Some great advice about preventing chipped nails. I can remember this coming up on LD and OPI shows and the problem was put down to some people having oily nails and this does make it difficult to keep varnish on. The advice was to wipe nail varnish remover over just before applying polish to bare nails and not put any treatments on to your hands before varnish. Hope this helps.

I have had no chips at all!

Had the purple on for 2 days and they were still fab!! Only took it off cos i was dying to try another colour LOL

I applied 1 coat of basecoat, 2 coats of colour and 1 coat of topcoat.

Going for green this time!!!

How did yours arrive. Just got mine today. Bashed box and i'm sure it's been to someones house before mine.
It was all in a bag tied in a knot.
Bit strange I thought.
x

How did yours arrive. Just got mine today. Bashed box and i'm sure it's been to someones house before mine.
It was all in a bag tied in a knot.
Bit strange I thought.
x

Mine arrived in abox too but the box was not bashed but then inside the box the nail colours were in a plastic bag tied in a knot too.

Mine came in an outer brown carton box - inside was the black presentation box with the white 'petal' lid.

Inside, all the polishes were in separate sealed bubble wrap bags :)

Latest posts

Back